Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's going to what 2nite?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Well done Washout. You played well all evening, and a deserved win for you.

I managed to fold my way to the final table, but there wasn't really much I could do about it. Had absolutely rubbish cards for most of the night, and anytime I was going to play position there would be a decent raise in front of me.

I have never seen a volume of hands with a 2, and for the most part it was coupled with a 5/6 or 7. Other than one play I felt I could have made where I had KQs (trust me, and absolute monster compared to most of the hands) in the SB, and Washout had made an Ace rag raise on the button, was to push for about 11.5K (raise was 3,400) I don't feel I could have done much else.

Went out in ninth when the second best hand I had in about 2 hours K-10s (I only had 4 bbs) was no good against the bb's QQ.

Congrates again Washout, and well done Olly on another cash.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Congrats Washout.

How many runners is this game getting...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Dub13 wrote:
    Congrats Washout.

How many runners is this game getting...?

34 runners last night Paul. I spent most of the night playing 7-8 handed. Still barely managed to steal a blind...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Washout wrote:
    thanks...can i remove myself from the category of bad players now and move up to average player status :rolleyes:

Jees, you win one tournament and your getting loft ideas that you've moved up a bracket :rolleyes: ......... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

HalfBaked wrote:
    Jees, you win one tournament and your getting loft ideas that you've moved up a bracket :rolleyes: ......... :p

well i have played this 3 times and won it twice.....i know its all varience but im on an ego trip at the moment.

I was a rock on ollys table but moved it up a gear on Hbs table due to complete change in table dynamics.

on the FT after olly was knocked out. I managed to rob blinds to get me up to 30k.
    then i pushed with Q9 to be called by AT and i hit my Q on the flop.

3 handed me and V were all in pf she pushed with A9 i called with AK.
    i was up to 90k.

heads up was over in 4 hands against the other lady.
    first hand ive 85o in the BB. flop was K88. chk chk, turn and A. she check raises me all in and i call..she has the A unlucky for her

last hand ive QcTs in the BB....flop comes down T high all clubs. she bets i re-raise all in. and she calls with AcQd and my Ts hold up.

heres a hand that came up though that didnt involve me 5 handed.
    blinds 2/4k im utg+1.
    utg has about 70k. he raises to 8k.
    i fold.
    guy in cap moves all in for 50k. V in the BB calls and utg folds after a good think.

guy in cap has 88 V has TT. utg says he folded QQ.

how many ppl are foldiing Qs in that position????? we all kind of niggled at him for folding and it put him on tilt im sure as he pushed on a K high flop with AJ and got called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

ollyk1 wrote:
    A strange night of mostly rock and card dead play by me (I had my table reasons) resulted in my making the final table in shortish shape. I couldn't really turn it around and went out in 6th for my money back less the €5 reg lol

Washout was still flying the flag as I left but he was under pressure so I hope things turned around for him.

I was looking out for Poker & Pints but I don't know if I had the pleasure of his company at any stage.

What tables were you at olly?

Washout wrote:
    well i have played this 3 times and won it twice.....i know its all varience but im on an ego trip at the moment.

I was a rock on ollys table but moved it up a gear on Hbs table due to complete change in table dynamics.

on the FT after olly was knocked out. I managed to rob blinds to get me up to 30k.
    then i pushed with Q9 to be called by AT and i hit my Q on the flop.

3 handed me and V were all in pf she pushed with A9 i called with AK.
    i was up to 90k.

heads up was over in 4 hands against the other lady.
    first hand ive 85o in the BB. flop was K88. chk chk, turn and A. she check raises me all in and i call..she has the A unlucky for her

Sweet flop!! I had hopes of going on a similar rush after the 56o open push did over AK but I missed every bloody flop that I got priced in on spectacularly.
    last hand ive QcTs in the BB....flop comes down T high all clubs. she bets i re-raise all in. and she calls with AcQd and my Ts hold up.

heres a hand that came up though that didnt involve me 5 handed.
    blinds 2/4k im utg+1.
    utg has about 70k. he raises to 8k.
    i fold.
    guy in cap moves all in for 50k. V in the BB calls and utg folds after a good think.

guy in cap has 88 V has TT. utg says he folded QQ.

how many ppl are foldiing Qs in that position????? we all kind of niggled at him for folding and it put him on tilt im sure as he pushed on a K high flop with AJ and got called.

Whatever about folding it I'd never admit to it :p :rolleyes:

The last time Vera pushed in like that she had KK and maybe he was trying to limp up the cash but my chips would be in there 9.9 times out of 10 given the table dynamics and my knowledge of Vera and Terry. Good tilt work by the way with the niggling. LOL ;) If we can just add some good ole speech play to your repetoire you'll be moving into the very top bracket Washout !! :D:D

I have to say, I really enjoyed myself last night. It was fun, great craic, a bit of good natured slagging and some pretty good poker in general. I made 2 mistakes and both cost me big time. I didn't believe the guy had the flush when I made my set(rebuy). Then I called an allin with 77..up against KK....I put the guy on AK and was getting just about 2-1...I thought if I win that pot I am in good shape...All in all it didn't matter because the night was fun. Wish I would have lasted longer and been able to talk to more folks.....At least I lasted longer than Gholi!

I have to say, I really enjoyed myself last night. It was fun, great craic, a bit of good natured slagging and some pretty good poker in general. I made 2 mistakes and both cost me big time. I didn't believe the guy had the flush when I made my set(rebuy). Then I called an allin with 77..up against KK....I put the guy on AK and was getting just about 2-1...I thought if I win that pot I am in good shape...All in all it didn't matter because the night was fun. Wish I would have lasted longer and been able to talk to more folks.....At least I lasted longer than Gholi!

Nice to meet you P&P.

I was the guy with the KK and you are right I could have had AK (with the 2.5BBs raise from EP and then two callers I might push the BB with a lot of hands). So you could say you were unlucky.

Washout was in seat 9 on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

ollyk1 wrote:
    Nice to meet you P&P.

I was the guy with the KK and you are right I could have had AK (with the 2.5BBs raise from EP and then two callers I might push the BB with a lot of hands). So you could say you were unlucky.

i cant even picture who was in seat 8...seat 7 was way too much of a distraction.

• Advertisement

Washout wrote:
    i cant even picture who was in seat 8...seat 7 was way too much of a distraction.

Seat 1 for P&P Washout (you were on his right!) There was no one in seat 8 for most of the night and yes seat 7 was a terrible distraction. :D It took me ages to pick up a tell from looking at her heaving chest but I just stayed focussed and eventually found the tell I was looking for!! ;)

ollyk1 wrote:
    Nice to meet you P&P.

:) Likewise...GH again! I knew washout...Well done winning wash, shortstacked the whole time I was at the table, you did well. GG to u to Olly.

If I had been right and you had AK, i would have doubled up...I at least took some consolation in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Just like to say how much I enjoyed the game last night. It was my first time in the SE. Good standard of play and a nice bunch. Some nice distractions/attractions too..lol. Unfortunately for me I made a dumb steal move in MP 6/7 handed and ran into 2 callers, lights out in 12th place. Definitely be back to the SE.

Washout wrote:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Indeed!!!! Unreal!!! There should be some type of rule against that sort of thing. Part of my enjoyment last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

well done washout

Advertisement