Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caparison?

Options
  • 02-08-2006 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison.html

Anyone else familiar with these guitars? Seems to be a fair few metal players signing up with these guys. They'll cost you about a grand, plus shipping & customs from Ibeke. But damn, don't they look nice? 27 frets, and I have to say, I like the rather novel approach to pickup switching:

Horus%20Control2.jpg

Just looks very nice altogether:

horus%20bn.gif

If I ever head to Japan again, I might just have to bring home another baby. ;)
    Or maybe that rather tasty 27 Fret Edwards that the Doc posted a while back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, I've been GAS on GAS off over these for a few years. It's just the headstock really that gets me, I've yet to come around to really liking it. Still, even in Japan, where guitars are sanely priced, they are rather expensive, so my twisted logic says they have to be rather special indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doctor J wrote:
    Yeah, I've been GAS on GAS off over these for a few years. It's just the headstock really that gets me, I've yet to come around to really liking it. Still, even in Japan, where guitars are sanely priced, they are rather expensive, so my twisted logic says they have to be rather special indeed.

Yeah, well I'm sure next time I'm over there, I'll try and give 'em a go and let you know what I think. They are Japanese made instruments though, so they're more than likely immaculate.

Just priced the Edwards, and it seems like it's a better deal:

E-CY-155CTM_BKCH.jpg

Neck-through, nicer inlays, top, headstock, pickups, binding, and it's about €200 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

God i love caparisons, that tone that look i just cant get over em. Gassing over a christopher ammot signiture for around the last 2 years or so.MMMMMM what a tasty guitar.

Aparently the only place you can get em in europe is some shop in poland, anyone know more about this?

Patricide wrote:
    Aparently the only place you can get em in europe is some shop in poland, anyone know more about this?

Why would you bother wanting to get them in Europe? Just order from Japan.

I really like that Edwards. If they had a 7 string version of that I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cheesecake.

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    I really like that Edwards. If they had a 7 string version of that I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cheesecake.

Neck-through, 27 fret 7 string? Mmm... Cheescake! :o

Why would you bother wanting to get them in Europe? Just order from Japan.
    because i would imagine itd be more expesive with import tax and all that jazz.

Patricide wrote:
    because i would imagine itd be more expesive with import tax and all that jazz.

Try buying a high end Ibanez in Europe and compare it to the Japanese prices, including jazz. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

I'm still waiting for ishibashi to send me this:
    http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/original/E-CY-155CTM_BKAQ.jpg
    Hopefully Ace will get back to me some time this week, as this was supposed to arrive in late July. I didn't check about the black cherry or natural finish, but the honey sunburst won't be available until October.

Now I am waiting for Ishibashi to send you that too :D

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    Now I am waiting for Ishibashi to send you that too :D

Agreed.

I'd go for the Black Cherry one myself though. That just looks sweet as hell. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I think Caparisons look hideous. The head stock looks like an elf slipper. Boo-urns. Boo-urns, I say.

There's a whole troop of Caparison fan boys on the Harmony Central Amps forum. They've ruined that place for the rest of us. ;)

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the headstock either. I think the Edwards definetly has it beat. I'd still love to try one out next time I'm in Japan though. ;)

Bah that headstock is SEX like. If i didnt have only one kidney left ( a warwick took my other one) id sell it and get me a christoper ammot sig. LOOKS CLASS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Is that the ESP Ninja Pat?

GStormcrow wrote:
    Is that the ESP Ninja Pat?

No, that's Mike Amott's sig. He's talking about Chris Amott, who uses Caparison.

Ooooooh.... Hello!

dellinger7%20om.gif

Hmm, if I went in for natural finishes, that would be sweet as hell.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Doctor J wrote:
    Ooooooh.... Hello!

dellinger7%20om.gif

Oooh, how much?

• Advertisement

Guitar Asylum? Why in the name of Bo Diddley would you even bother looking at that site for the price of a Japanese Guitar? Sense it makes not! Go Japanese, Ibeke for the win! €1400, then taxies and whatnot after that.

Ooohhh... hadn't seen this one in natural. Very nice

58076_b.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Oooh.

It should be illegal to sell them at this price :mad:

Sorry about this fellas... big time GAS alert...

sub1.jpg
    sub2.jpg
    sub3.jpg

Anyone want to buy a kidney? :p

I think we should all pool our resources, and rob a bank! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Edwards guitars seem sweet indeed but that particular model does nothing for me. Too much abalone. That's the problen with Deluxe Ltds as well.

Ravelleman wrote:
    Edwards guitars seem sweet indeed but that particular model does nothing for me. Too much abalone. That's the problen with Deluxe Ltds as well.

I see where you're coming from, and I kinda agree, just a bit too much binding on there, and inlay work. Looks too busy. I think the Ibanez J Customs get it just right.

But Edwards is owned by ESP, so what's to be expected, eh? ;)

I usually hate abalone but for some reason... I am bewitched... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Watched the Killswitch Engage DVD again last night so went back to my "I <3 Caparison" mood. The only downside as far as I can see is that their paint jobs are fairly boring and since I'm not a fan of natural finishes its really only the headstock (and tone) that make me want one. :D

Advertisement