Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heath ledger is the Joker

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Aaron Eckhart confirmed to be final neogtions to play Dent. Great choice in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Got this Joker suggestion from a work colleague, best of the lot in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Excellent, completely mental is the way Joker should be. Jack Nicholson's portrail was ok for little kids but for the new Dark knight the Joker should be one sick messed puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

accordingh to another thread, arrons been confirmed to play.
    good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

this is all ya need to know
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

sorry if this offends but my very first impression of that picture was "is that the grinch?..." seriously though not taking the p1ss, it does look like the grinch, still a pretty good joker though. It'll be really interesting to see how they change heath's appearance, from the pictures I saw it looks like it might be quite a task to make him in any way scary, got the grin but lacks the jack nicholson eyebrows me thinks.

shaping up to be the movie of 08

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Whilst Heath is more than capable of playing the role well, I think it could be a mistake re-introducing the Joker as, imho, the portrayal of the Character by Nicholson is legendary and I will always associate the Joker with Nicholson. Hope I am wrong though.

but they could hardly leave him out for good,eh?

and even if the protral is terrible, whould you rather the joker character was destroyed sooner rather than later, so it could be corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Whilst Heath is more than capable of playing the role well, I think it could be a mistake re-introducing the Joker as, imho, the portrayal of the Character by Nicholson is legendary and I will always associate the Joker with Nicholson. Hope I am wrong though.
    You're wrong. Caesar Romero is often mentioned amongst the best Jokers for his portrayal in the 60's series, so would it have been wrong for Nicholson to have played the character because of that? Of course not.

I say let Ledger have a shot, if Begins has proven anything its that Nolan knows what he is doing with the series, and I have faith that he knows what Ledger will be able to bring to the role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

You're wrong. Caesar Romero is often mentioned amongst the best Jokers for his portrayal in the 60's series, so would it have been wrong for Nicholson to have played the character because of that? Of course not.

I say let Ledger have a shot, if Begins has proven anything its that Nolan knows what he is doing with the series, and I have faith that he knows what Ledger will be able to bring to the role.

How am I wrong? I offered an opinion and stated I would always associate the Joker with Nicholson, I didn't say everyone else necessarily would but, bringing the point up, I would believe that if you asked people who springs to mind when they think of the Joker, they would say Nicholson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I think Heath Ledger would be great as the joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bonerm wrote: »
    I think Heath Ledger would be great as the joker.
    You sir, are a riot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

basquille wrote: »
    You sir, are a riot!

Yeah you're right. I really shouldn't be digging up dead stuff like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement