Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heath ledger is the Joker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ryan Phillippe is Harvey Dent.

They're still talking with Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Penguin, I hope that one works out.

I like young Phillippe, I think he can pull it off... I haven't seen Ledger in enough things to know how good he'll be as the Joker, but I do have a resonable amount of faith in Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

They're still talking with Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Penguin

[\QUOTE]

omg he would be so perfect for it!

I enjoyed batman begins but I didn't like liam neeson in it, but with a hoffman penguin the next movie ( or whatever movie he's in ) just can't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

The Hoff for Penguin! :p

Neeson wasn't the best villain, but he was pretty good.
    He just seemed more like a businessman ninja than a mastermind.
    Guy who played Falcone was good I thought, I liked that scene between him and Bruce Wayne.

I'm no big comic fan, but is Harley Quinn a standard addition to anything with the Joker?
    Cast thoughts? Parker Posey for me... just going by her Blade Trinity gig.

BopNiblets wrote:
    I'm no big comic fan, but is Harley Quinn a standard addition to anything with the Joker?
    Harley was just a creation of the animated series.. but I think she has snuck into the comics since then.

Parker Posey would be good... she was a great villian in Josie and the Pussycats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

BopNiblets wrote:
    Cast thoughts? Parker Posey for me.

I love that character.. they way she calls the joker 'puddin' and 'Mr.J.'- so cute. It would be a nice addition to the movie, would show another side to the Joker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Madge wrote:
    I love that character.. they way she calls the joker 'puddin' and 'Mr.J.'- so cute. It would be a nice addition to the movie, would show another side to the Joker
    I think such things are fine in the comics and the TV series, but in the movie, you only get two hours to make the Joker as menacing an opponent as you can. While I like the character of Harley, I don't think she has a place in such environs.

There has already been a live action Harly Quinn actually. She was the overall villian in the TV series Birds of Prey, which was about the Huntress (Batman and Catwoman's daughter) and the Oracle (Batgirl, after the Joker put her in a wheelchair)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

BopNiblets wrote:

I always thought Brittany Murphy would be great for that role. Havnt heard of this Parker Posey person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

She was Lex Luthors gang bimbo in Superman Returns if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

thought I might just drag this thread back out of the graveyard. A mate sent me this pic of Ledger in Joker mode

joker2ge1nx.jpg

Doesn't look too shabby at all imo. Mate was also saying that supposedly Ledger is a fairly intense character actor and that he has had to see a pschiatrist about depression since getting into the role. Haven't gotten a source on that, so can't be sure if its true or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Great picture. The hint of green in his hair, crazy eyes and a smile that only a mother could love.

Wasn't sure when I heard that Ledger was cast as Joker, but that picture looks great. Just hope he can act the part.

I know it is a different take on Batman, but Nickleson's Joker will be a tough one to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

think i've seen that photo lurking around imdb since before they announce ledger for the part...so it could be fake.

not 100% though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That's not Heath Ledger, it's a photoshop of silent era actor Conrad Viedt:

ManWhoLaughs.jpg

^^^ You bet me to it!

When the poster campaign begins I doubt they'll just show a picture of Joker. Its gonna be one of those things that you'll have to see the film to get a good look at him or see it leaked in papers/internet etc. I doubt Nolan will go with a poster like that. Just like Raimi is keeping Venom a tightly kept secret and not splashing his face on all the posters to entice fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

my bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Oh well. Still looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

could be the greatest joker..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

I know it is a different take on Batman, but Nicholson's Joker will be a tough one to beat.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Ledger's Joker will triumphantly piss all over Nicholson's take on the character.

Not cos Ledger is necessarily a better actor than Nicholson, but because i can say with 99% certainty that the writing for the character (and the plot) will be infinitely better on The Dark Knight than on Batman '89.

Just like Bale in comparison to Keaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,224 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I dunno...for me Keaton's Batman is still the coolest mofo out there. Great mix of charm and suaveness with some serious darkness going on underneath. (grenade down the henchman's pants and then smiling as he blows up - classic!)

i agree!bales a close second.....................always though the second choice[David Boreanz] was born to play Batman............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

I think the reason Boreanz didn't get the role had something to do with the fact that, y'know, he can't act to save his life? Seriously, a Californian Redwood is less wooden than him. I think the Angel TV show proved that he lacks charisma and could no way carry a film.
    He definitely wasn't one of the several actors who auditioned for the role. I know there was Bale, Gyllenhaal, Cillian Murphy, and a couple of others whose names escape me at the moment but couldn't be arsed to look up, cos it's late and all, y'know?.

mwnger wrote:
    He definitely wasn't one of the several actors who auditioned for the role. I know there was Bale, Gyllenhaal, Cillian Murphy, and a couple of others whose names escape me at the moment but couldn't be arsed to look up, cos it's late and all, y'know?.

I was fairly certain Boreanez did audition for the role.

Don't think he's a bad actor though, I think he just suffers from being a TV actor who's portrayed a certain character for a long time (7 years isn't it?) and it can be very hard to break out of that.

7 years......it was actually 8 !

7 years......it was actually 8 !

Oh, my mistake.

is there any production shots on net yet?

is there any production shots on net yet?

No, and I doubt there will be untill they start filming.

So Maggie Gyllenhall is the new Rachel Dawes. Not bad casting really.

what!
    you have a accurate link with a statment from fox to back that up?
    i like her.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hah, imagine if Jake Gyllenhaal had orignally gotten the Batman role instead of Bale. Now that would've been weird, him hooking up with his sister :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

what!
    you have a accurate link with a statment from fox to back that up?
    i like her.....
    http://latinoreview.com/news.php?id=1458

I like her too, but I'd rather they just lose the character altogether. Or at least put some effort into writing it this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement