Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a good, affordable BB gun

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I have ordered a few cheap aegs for messing in the garden, but i do want to get a decent p90 ( http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/category.asp?page=category&id=32) or 2 for possible skirmish events if we can get some organised in the republic, from what i've seem the bb paintballs are ok if you mix every second round with a regular bb

Also love to get the alien kit for the thompson
    http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=GP132
    as a tech i'd have a lot of fun building it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Skatedude wrote:
    the depot is just the courier's werehouse, same as dhl etc
    where would that be tho? would it be in Dublin City?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

they have a few depot's, one in dublin port, coolock etc, same as your local post offices as such if you have to pick up a parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

For an estimate of €200 after taxes and shipping:
    http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Gamo_Shadow_Matic_Air_Rifle_p/gmo611001454.htm
    Gamo Shadowmatic
    A unique nine-pellet tube magazine automatically chambers a pellet when the gun is cocked for quick reloads and multiple shots. Synthetic stock has an ambidextrous cheek piece, a ventilated rubber butt pad and non-slip checkering on the pistol grip and forend. Fires .177 cal. pellets at 1,000 fps (for use with flat-tip pellets only). 38-lb. cocking effort. Equipped with TRUGLO® sights Lifetime Warranty

That will be soon mine after I scab money off me oul pair. Everybody better watch out, there maybe a 1000fps gun up your ass soon...hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Thats an airgun, which will need a licence. Zinc pellets going at 1000FPS is gonna hurt. Alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

yea that is an actuall gun in the eyes of the law. you could get it over the counter in england though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

B00MSTICK wrote:
    Thats an airgun, which will need a licence. Zinc pellets going at 1000FPS is gonna hurt. Alot.
    Yep, an 8 grain (approx. 0.52 grams) .177 lead pellet doing 1000fps is making about 24 joules at the muzzle, and therefore falls well outside the sub-1 joule definition.
    Most definitely regarded as a firearm, and should be licenced as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

ah **** it...I thought it was legal and the limit was actually sub-20 joules, in that case, i'm not going to bother with it. Are you sure 1joule is the max?

In England, if your found in the street with a BB gun or replica of any sort, you will be actually shot by the cops.

Thanks for telling me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That P90 looks the biz.

Planning on looking at one myself but not sure whether to go for a rifle or pistol. Definately wouldn't go for a shotgun though...

edit: pretty cool looking g36c on the gizmo site too...

ha nice dog!

yea that is a real p90 though, the ones on wgcshop.com look good and are cheaper than any where else i've found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

whupass wrote:
    thing is it has to be under 1 joule of energy read the last few pages of airsoft forum to find out.

why does NO ONE want one of these!!!! (ahemSEXY)

Are you sure thats a gun? :D It looks like..... I dunno, a vacuum cleaner :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

Finally, Airsoft is legal :D
    If i had my choice of guns, id probably go for a nice M4A1 or Steyr AUG. Problem is, they seem to expensive (around £200). I even had a look for an MP5 thinking it would be cheaper, still around the £200 mark. For a laugh i had a look to see if there were airsoft version of the SAW, and sure enough, i found a quality looking M249 (and the para) for around the £900 mark :cool:
    O well, might have to settle for a pistol, Glock or USP .40 would be nice. BTW, how could you ever bad mouth the P90... 50 round mag capacity, 900 round per min, straight through Kevlar vests... its probably the best SMG ever produced. Pity the Airsoft version doesnt do that :D Still, $40 seems a good price. Is it 1 joule or what? That site doesnt seem to say for any of the guns.

it's 200 feet per second now 328 is 1 joule so it's under, better ones are only 240/280 fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

HavoK wrote:
    Planning on looking at one myself but not sure whether to go for a rifle or pistol. Definately wouldn't go for a shotgun though...
    why would you not go for a shotgun? personally I find the shotguns to be the best. they are all going to be spring powerd and so won't cost as much as an electric or gas powered one. Also they look class, I can't f**king wait for my SPAS 12 to arrive

Advertisement