Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OT:anyone leaving ireland for vegas soon please read

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Red Lemonade...

Its an Irish-Only phenomenom

It's true, you say 'red lemonade' in any other country and they look at you like ya have two heads :D THEY HAVEN'T LIVED!

Also Purple wrappered Cadburys Snacks (the type like club milks, but better) are essential, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

Bring the man over a can of club orange while your at it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Lyons tea is far superior. That's the biggest and most obvious mistake made in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

peeko wrote:
    Bring the man over a can of club orange while your at it

Feck it, bring him over some 'Cavan Cola', I remember we would buy it as it was the cheapest softdrink available, though it tasted like sh1t, It would always leave you more room in your sweets budget for other items!

• Advertisement

It's like the obsession people have in this country with potatoes. Christ lads we're not in the fúcking great famine anymore. Red lemonade, club milks and purple snacks ffs. There's much better refreshments and munchies out there. I remember someone handed me a pack of digestives recently after offering me some "biscuits". I looked at him in disbelief when I saw a the pack being passed my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Lazare wrote:
    LOL, this is the funniest thread I've ever read!
    You have to be taking the piss!:D
    Not really!

ianmc38 wrote:
    It's like the obsession people have in this country with potatoes. Christ lads we're not in the fúcking great famine anymore. Red lemonade, club milks and purple snacks ffs. There's much better refreshments and munchies out there. I remember someone handed me a pack of digestives recently after offering me some "biscuits". I looked at him in disbelief when I saw a the pack being passed my way.

ah but these ones take us back to our youths

Grannies always have a bottle of red lemonade, its industry standard.

Don't get mixed up on the club milk thing tho, personally I think they are poor substitute for the Cadbury's Purple Snack, though maybe I should run a poll on that, I've no idea what section in...

The-Rigger wrote:
    ah but these ones take us back to our youths

Grannies always have a bottle of red lemonade, its industry standard.

Don't get mixed up on the club milk thing tho, personally I think they are poor substitute for the Cadbury's Purple Snack, though maybe I should run a poll on that, I've no idea what section in...

Try: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=505

And the next person to offer me a packet of digestives will have them flung back at them in disgust. Be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

The-Rigger wrote:
    It's true, you say 'red lemonade' in any other country and they look at you like ya have two heads :D THEY HAVEN'T LIVED!

Also Purple wrappered Cadburys Snacks (the type like club milks, but better) are essential, imo

Yanks especially are amazed at it.... One of them told me that it tasted of grenadine mixed with sprite once!

• Advertisement

ianmc38 wrote:
    Try: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=505

And the next person to offer me a packet of digestives will have them flung back at them in disgust. Be warned.

I like digestives, lol

Thanks for the link, there really is something for everyone here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

ianmc38 wrote:
    I remember someone handed me a pack of digestives recently after offering me some "biscuits". I looked at him in disbelief when I saw a the pack being passed my way.

I blame The Celtic Tiger for this sort of thinking....

I blame The Celtic Tiger for this sort of thinking....

Agreed, gone are the days when you would fight your sibbling for the last digestive, now it gets a nose turned up to high heaven...

..with all your fancy biscuits like Toffeepops, Wagonwheels and the like (I'm no expert or I'd name more)

I'm more old-skool, I'll take the digestives thanks very much!

Wagonwheels are the biscuit equivalent of a child molestor.

ianmc38 wrote:
    Wagonwheels are the biscuit equivalent of a child molestor.

Agreed, to quote avid merrion 'I don't know what you are'

Wagon wheels, zero parts wagon, zero parts wheel, zero parts biscuit, wtf are these things, sometimes I think they were just discovered at the Roswelll Crash site. :confused:

Also, wtf is the deal with Hobnobs? You could lose your life eating one of them, they are so coarse, I think they are part sedimentary rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

The-Rigger wrote:
    Agreed, gone are the days when you would fight your sibbling for the last digestive, now it gets a nose turned up to high heaven...

..with all your fancy biscuits like Toffeepops, Wagonwheels and the like (I'm no expert or I'd name more)

I'm more old-skool, I'll take the digestives thanks very much!

agreed, and put some butter on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

I thought this would be a good time to remind people to pack a sufficeint supply of their tea bag of choice.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Tis not tea you'll see me drinking.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

Very funny tread actully LOL, got some funny looks over office partitions, gasping for a cuppa now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bring them to him, wave them in front of his face and ask for 500. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

i just had a good laugh at this

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Bring them to him, wave them in front of his face and ask for 500. :D
    LMAO at this....
    Well done Robin....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 218 ✭✭CelticPhantom

ianmc38 wrote:
    Try MiWadi orange and Marietta biscuits. A staple for kids parties when I was growing up :)

PS I found a "yummy" smiley :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Mods. Is it possible to make all Vegas threads invisible to me please. I feel ill not going this year.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NickyOD wrote:
    Mods. Is it possible to make all Vegas threads invisible to me please. I feel ill not going this year.
    It certainly is. How long would you like to be banned for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

5starpool wrote:
    It certainly is. How long would you like to be banned for?
    :D:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I was about to post saying "Robin, ffs, you forgot last year too" :)

Nicky, I highly recommend you avoid Antesup for a while too :p

I fly on Monday and the inevitable giddyness of excitment mixed with the loathing of certain things about Vegas is reaching fevour pitch in my head.

Cant wait to stay in the Gold Coast too... mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sneaking hits of pure oxygen off the grannies playing the slots in the lobby is always fun.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

LMFAO here... Robin ur either stoned or love t bagging.. If you dont know what t bagging is ask 1 or 2 of the hookers in the bar beside ya. They ll sort ya for a bit of t bagging.

ANyhow for what its worth Barrys tea is better for the digestives...

''Ma me bisquits fallen in me brew. Gets a spoon will ye quick.. Hurry hurry. Ah ma ffs more milk next time ok''

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Jayminator wrote:
    ''Ma me bisquits fallen in me brew. Gets a spoon will ye quick.. Hurry hurry. Ah ma ffs more milk next time ok''

I never heard anyone from Dublin use the word brew before!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Ok Ok Tony im rippping off Peter Kay

''Ma Ma me bisquits fallen in me decaf white coffee no sugar''

Happy now

Advertisement