Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

breathalyzers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

well they can't use it again so they are not gonna keep it. they probly just asked if he wanted it in a joking way and he took it. not that big a deal its just a plastic tube

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I noticed about a dozen cars outside the Sliver Key this morning so maybe people are leaving their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

good to hear its happening

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

They gave him the tube when they were finished.

It's standard procedure, so you can use it for snorting coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I drove about 100kms in Dublin (at night, mostly) over the weekend and not one check point did I see. But I appreciate that there may be an 'introductory period" and that a bigger presence will be seen shortly - I hope. Of the pubs I passed most car parks were practically full.

Hopefully it will all change soon...................Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 thegreek15

Checkpoint on Thomas Street on Sunday night / Monday Morning at 3am ish outside the Guinness Medical Dept.. glad to see it, got stopped, asked a few questions and tax/insurance checked and then waved on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

I dont care how much money they make so long as something is done to get these wan ker drivers off the road.
    I dont care if I have to blow into 5 bags a night so long as I get to see the morning

i completely agree. its not a big hassle being stopped anyway....or so I'm told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mc23

Did anyone hear on last nights news that 4,000 people were supposed to have been breathalyzed over the weekend with 69 failing. I'm sure I will be corrected if this info is wrong. Also there was a huge drop in the amount of people killed over the weekend compared to before the new legislation.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The indo drove all around Dublin on Friday night (IIRC) and did something like 85 miles. No random checks were seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

kbannon wrote:
    The indo drove all around Dublin on Friday night (IIRC) and did something like 85 miles. No random checks were seen.

aw shi# here we go again....more new laws and nobody to enforce them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I was pulled by an unmarked car near Birdhill, Co Tipp at about 11 pm on Friday night.

The Ban Guard told me that from the way I was driving they thought I was drunk. They didn't bag me but did do the usual trick of sticking her head right into the car to see if there was any smell of drink out of it.

As it happened, I was actually coming from a pub, but I figured out a long time ago that the Porter and the Motor don't mix.

Advertisement