Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real or Fake?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Sorry, I don't watch youtube videos that much but I've seen this story a bit.
    What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

No idea what youre on about, have you got links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

Links would be good since I had been watching her videos for the past while. I thought she was fake (she was too normal and rehearsed for a 16 year old) but I didn't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Heres the profile for the account.

Watched one or two of the videos, they're quite boring.
    Just read an article about it, turns out even her "fansite" was created a month before her first video even went up, and watching the videos you can tell somethings suspicious about it. Will be interesting to see whos behind it and what its building up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Who is Lonelygirl15, and whats the deal?

• Advertisement

Who is Lonelygirl15, and whats the deal?
    Click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

And this drivel is going to launch her to stardom????
    Then again in america................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

it was so fake, you could tell by watching it. i thought maybe the first one i watched was ok, then i started to hate it and get really pissed off it was so obviously staged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oh my there is a fair amount of angry people after finding this out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol I was linked to her piece on Pluto's decommisioning as the 9th planet the other week....definitely was something fishy...too nicey nicey, too perfect...it almost seemed scripted.

So youtube attention whoring is the new black?

Come back Sandi Thom, all is forgiven *

*Alll may not actually be forgiven.

[edit] http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1868353,00.html

Full story. Also some interesting stuff on the wiki page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

To Our Incredible Fans,

Thank you so much for enjoying our show so far. We are amazed by the overwhelmingly positive response to our videos; it has exceeded our wildest expectations. With your help we believe we are witnessing the birth of a new art form. Our intention from the outset has been to tell a story-- A story that could only be told using the medium of video blogs and the distribution power of the internet. A story that is interactive and constantly evolving with the audience.

Right now, the biggest mystery of Lonelygirl15 is "who is she?" We think this is an oversimplification. Lonelygirl15 is a reflection of everyone. She is no more real or fictitious than the portions of our personalities that we choose to show (or hide) when we interact with the people around us. Regardless, there are deeper mysteries buried within the plot, dialogue, and background of the Lonelygirl15 videos, and many of our tireless and dedicated fans have unearthed some of these. There are many more to come.

To enhance the community experience of Lonelygirl15, which you have already helped to create, we are in the process of building a website centered around video and interactivity. This website will allow everyone to enjoy the full potential of this new medium. Unfortunately, we aren't programmers. We are filmmakers. We are working furiously to complete the website, and hope to have it up and running shortly.

So, sit tight. You are the only reason for our success, and we appreciate your devotion. We want you to know that we aren't a big corporation. We are just like you. A few people who love good stories. We hope that you will join us in the continuing story of Lonelygirl15, and help us usher in an era of interactive storytelling where the line between "fan" and "star" has been removed, and dedicated fans like yourselves are paid for their efforts. This is an incredible time for the creator inside all of us.

Taken from Lonelygirl15.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone that could see that was fake needs their head checked to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I watched two episodes of it and it was so stupid. Even if it wasn't staged, it would still be boring. I don't get why people are entertained by this sort of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This is what appeared to start it all.

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=36

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thats the exact message that I quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

never seen this.

Took one look.

how the F*CK did people only *suspect* its fake. Its bloody blatant that its fake and I'm not even talking about the stereotypical me vs my parents plot. Its not a webcam and the audio is being clearly inserted in (parents walking up stairs...yeah a pc microphone CAN REALLY PICK THAT UP!).

I put my money on that it was not actually owned by some company (it is now most likely) but a bunch of film students who started it as a prank (see emo kid) but suddenly found they could make money from it. Hence its gone from prank to form of entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I thought people had learned better after EmoKid21Ohio...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i didn't know anything about her (don't follow the "blog" scene) before but ranted at everyone on youtube afterwards anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I remember seeing somethng about this girl a while ago. After a few seconds of her latest vlog, I couldn't bare anymore. How can people listen to that shíte and it's so obviously fake, so put on!

The wikipedia has interesting details on it.

The investigation is a suggestion that it is a take on HP Lovecraft (cue Karl Hungus :) ). She makes references to stars alignments, Crowley Shrine in the back left of the bedroom and her parents saying she has to practise for some ritual and that she is learning a language that no one has ever spoken before and her boyfriend wanting to be known as DanielBeast666.

It may be that she is a sacrifice for some ritual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah I read a few articles on this. It seems like a set up for a Blair Witch type film. There just isn't any films being released on the date that is hinted at in the video's. And didn't they trace her email account to CAA, the film agency in LA? I say it's just a publicity stunt that's gone wrong because people are just too suspicious these days :D

(or maybe she really is going to be sacrificed! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

What aload of ****e, anyone who believed or even watched that tripe was a retard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

Lonelygirl15 is indeed a fake. The actress playing the part was identified the other day and is now giving interviews:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/unmasking-lonelygirl15/2006/09/13/1157826998165.html

Apparently, the videos on YouTube are going to continue regardless... seems kinda pointless now.

StarryBud wrote:
    Lonelygirl15 is indeed a fake. The actress playing the part was identified the other day and is now giving interviews:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/unmasking-lonelygirl15/2006/09/13/1157826998165.html

Apparently, the videos on YouTube are going to continue regardless... seems kinda pointless now.
    Theres a whole thread on it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

irlrobins wrote:
    Well here are some real boobs for you so.

That guy appears to be holding in his gut so he won't look fat. Go him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cy Kotic

An interview Jessica Rose gave to MTV. Looks like she's hit the jackpot. Hollwood pruducers are queing up to sign her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUTnoh7Rybw&NR

Shes not just fake. She is a viral marketing advert for revver.com which is basically a rival of YouTube. The lonelygirl15 team are on thier payroll and there are adverts around with lonelygirl15 standing in front of a revver advert.

The idea was to grab as many people to the new site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

so youtube ended up handing over hunderds of viewers over to its rival?

oops.

don't think so. If anything them being caught out so soon probably alienated a lot.

Also her latest video she mentions the Order of Dagon. Maybe someone should ask Karl to see if shes a member. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement