Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real or Fake?

Options
  • 19-07-2006 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Have a look at the vids made by this girl:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=lonelygirl15

Looking through them, I think it's a fake. They're too well scripted and edited. Espec the Hiking video. Very Dawson's creekish.

So after emo kid and now this (assuming it's fake, what y'all think?), is the new you tube craze going to be Fake Lifes on Tape? Film students finding a quick and cheap medium for their output? Clever marketing by youtube to get site traffic?

Oh, and use some tweezers girl!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

She's cute :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

Real or fake, why would anyone watch that tripe?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

^^^ I concur

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

irlrobins wrote:
    Clever marketing by youtube to get site traffic?

In case you hadnt noticed, this is what youtube is for. All viral companys use Youtube and Google video to plant their viral campaigns (eg lynx click etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea, that is what i was thinking. Be interesting to see who is behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

The first one didn't even look like she actually was 15

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

irlrobins wrote:
    Have a look at the vids made by this girl:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=lonelygirl15

Looking through them, I think it's a fake. They're too well scripted and edited. Espec the Hiking video. Very Dawson's creekish.

So after emo kid and now this (assuming it's fake, what y'all think?), is the new you tube craze going to be Fake Lifes on Tape? Film students finding a quick and cheap medium for their output? Clever marketing by youtube to get site traffic?

Oh, and use some tweezers girl!

im lost. whats it about?

Watch the vids.

Are they real vids of a home schooled kid stuck in her room with her best (male) friend who later turns out to have the hots for her?

Or are they carefully staged viral vids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

It's just like watching the real life oc ....nobody knows what the hell they're on about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Real or fake? Who cares?? :D

And she's only 15? Now i just feel dirty, i'd be all over her like a rat on a cheeto!!!!

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote:
    And she's only 15? Now i just feel dirty, i'd be all over her like a rat on a cheeto!!!!
    In that case better hope it's a fake and that she's a college student. That way you can feel less guilty about your impure thought. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is the most disappointing thread ever :( I was expecting it to be a big boobs question (big real or big fake style). Spending too much time in Slydice maybe? I can't view youtube at work as it's blocked so haven't seen the vid, but judging by the comments it's not what I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

erm, no, im not going to watch the videos.

but do i get this right, we are wondering about some chick just talking about her life on a web cam?

i mean, are our lives that boring. surely this is just reality tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Of course its fake.. I mean look at this guy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGR4-SeuJ0

We are expected to believe hes a real shop manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hobbes wrote:
    We are expected to believe hes a real shop manager.

Are you trying to tell me Darth Vader is not the shop manager?

Dragan wrote:
    Are you trying to tell me Darth Vader is not the shop manager?
    No, he's the day shift manager. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

fake or not, what gets me is the bloody girl is so popular, thousands watch her videos for what!! There are many other much better video blogs or diaries worth watching.
    I think this guy brilliant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBB2ry3R9Aw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

jor el wrote:
    This is the most disappointing thread ever :( I was expecting it to be a big boobs question (big real or big fake style).
    I was expecting boobies too :(

Well here are some real boobs for you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

rofl, has to be a pisstake. For a start its called "boy problems" and she yammers on about yer wan, then halfway through goes, oh yeah Daniel could be watching this. hahahaha

but wtf is the purpose of this anyway?

EDIT make sure you watch "Grillz feat. Danielbeast, LG15, P. Monkey, and O'n." : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pE9uwYqbQs

wtf is i can say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Fake - the hiking MV was too well edited. It was better than most of the sh*te posted on the Video forum by Lump and Achilles, FFS.

It was better than most of the sh*te posted on the Video forum by Lump and Achilles, FFS.
    Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Since this thread seems to have become a bunch of links to youtube videos that have nothing to do with the OP, I might as well point out Ask a Ninja.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

theres obviously a light shield targeting her face, the diting is too well done, it has to be fake, theres probably subliminal messages or advertising embedded somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

it's stupidly boring to watch anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nehpets wrote:
    it's stupidly boring to watch anyway
    Ain't that the truth!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

irlrobins wrote:
    Well here are some real boobs for you so.
    *Falls of chair*

Christ... i didnt need to see that last thing before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

at first i thought real, but now i definately think fake. i mean just look at the quality of the video compared to ANY other video blog up there - it's absolutely perfect, not at all grainy or whatever. the whole 'setting' looks too perfect also, the position of the camera in relation to her, etc etc etc....fake!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Saw it on the guardian, tbh I didn't watch any of her youtubes at all as the one I did watch was boring.

But anyone know what exactly the story is about? Rumours I can find is it is for a horror movie as she has a shrine to Crowley in the corner.

Advertisement