Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

basic Rules of The Road many People dont know.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andrea

It's parking lights, and is supposed to increase visibility of your car for other drivers.

Fog lights though are a pet peeve of mine, I don't know how many times I've been blinded by them. Either coming towards me or driving behind me (they also tend to be the drivers that tailgate, to add insult to injury!)

Some drivers seem to think they are a replacement for ordinary lights, and drive with no lights other than fog lights on. If you flash them for this they put on full lights and take away your vision completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Fey! wrote:
    How about just leaving dims on all the time you're driving, like Volvo do (is that dims or parks?)

I grew up "near" Scandinavia, where you're required to drive with your headlights on ALL the time - so I do it anyway, even on a bright sunny day...

It's unreal though how many people wouldn't bother switching their lights on on a dark grey morning, or at dusk...and then they wonder why people can't see them...

Same with indicators - it's almost like some people think they have to pay extra for using the indicator, or that they'll get an electric shock or something...Just USE them, it makes all our lives easier, and it really doesn;t take much (or does it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Welcome to Ireland! Have you lived through an Irish winter yet?

Mike.

Advertisement