Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormaholics Anonymous Thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You still got noone for that last place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

6th wrote:
    ooooh it just got busy in here 13 people!

We have a coven, hehe :D

Coincidentally, it's bloody hot here... 30 degrees :|

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

KatieK wrote:
    You still got noone for that last place?

its like the powers that be are holding it for someone:confused::confused::confused::confused:;):confused::confused:

6th wrote:
    its like the powers that be are holding it for someone:confused::confused::confused::confused:;):confused::confused:
    The powers that be need to stop annoying me, bloody mad I cant go.

Nah, everyones balking at the idea of paying for a bed they wont sleep in. :D

what the hell is balking?

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    what the hell is balking?

Heh, funny. I said balking when I meant baking... fingers were a bit tender after touching a very hot baking tray after it melted a hole in my bag of frozen peas. Muggins here decided to move the baking tray away from the bag of peas without the necessary protection.

Anyway...

balk (bôk)v. balked, balk·ing, balks
    v.intr.1. To stop short and refuse to go on: The horse balked at the jump.
    2. To refuse obstinately or abruptly: She balked at the very idea of compromise.
    3. a. Sports To make an incomplete or misleading motion.
    b. Baseball To make an illegal motion before pitching, allowing one or more base runners to advance one base.

v.tr.1. To check or thwart by or as if by an obstacle.
    2. Archaic To let go by; miss.

n.1. A hindrance, check, or defeat.
    2. Sports An incomplete or misleading motion, especially an illegal move made by a baseball pitcher.
    3. Games One of the spaces between the cushion and the balk line on a billiard table.
    4. a. An unplowed strip of land.
    b. A ridge between furrows.

5. A wooden beam or rafter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Allow me to be the first to say: :confused:

I used freedictionary.com >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Kennett wrote:
    We have a coven, hehe :D

"when three or more shall meet, a coven ye shall be" and i reckon thats a reguluar occurance here and well.... everywhere!!!

you must be referring to those peculuar types.... you know the crazy ones....

Kennett wrote:
    I used freedictionary.com >_>
    I guessed that much, the confusing bit was where the story about peas and baking trays came from, it was Katie that said balking. Did you maybe think you posted something that you actually didn't ?

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote:
    I guessed that much, the confusing bit was where the story about peas and baking trays came from, it was Katie that said balking. Did you maybe think you posted something that you actually didn't ?

It comes from this here:
    Kennett wrote:
    Heh, funny. I typed balking (in IRC) when I meant baking... fingers were a bit tender after touching a very hot baking tray after it melted a hole in my bag of frozen peas. Muggins here decided to move the baking tray away from the bag of peas without the necessary protection.

There we go. New words are bolded and bracketed for clarification. I didn't want to put my fingers thhrough more pain than neccesary at the time by pressing buttons to erase the "l" in baking... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Kennett wrote:
    The horse balked at the jump.

Haven't heard of that before...

sjones wrote:
    Haven't heard of that before...

I've seen the word balk(ed) in the game Betrayal at Krondor; "The Empress of Kesh would balk at the prices you are offering."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

hey if you guys need another body to make up the numbers on the ross trip, ill go, if thats ok with 6th, but like only if ya need me if someone else pops up grand and dandy, what weekend is it again, i dont want to crap anyones style!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

get it in there on the thread julz

Anyone for a pint this sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Maybe.
    Where and when ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th wrote:
    Anyone for a pint this sunday?
    Donate some blood? Sure thing.

Usual place ?

Ah damn, I'd love to come (I'm in Ireland then), but I've gotta do security at Charleville Castle!

• Advertisement

sure i'd be up for something different, any suggestions?

Keoghs off grafton street, it would be possible to grab the snug....

good choice, Keoghs it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

introducing myself- have an interest in all things paranormal, had my fair share of it over in Edinburgh on all the ghost tours, a place where mind/ body/ spirit shops dot ever corner of every street and where there's an underground section of the city that's been round since the plague and that's simply been built upon. to all ghost seekers i recommend a visit and to go on the City of The Dead tour.
    oh yeah im also a 4th year student in tcd and like chocolate and coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

Can anyone go to Keogh's on Saturday 6th? will you nominate me as whipping boy again, no takers from your last post about it :/ hello snorlax whats city of the dead tour, is it in Dublin?

Sure everyone can come along!

As fr the city - its edinburgh, have been there lots and have been on said tour .... very good.

There is a dublin trouchlight murder walking tour that runs in the autumn.

Hi Guys. Sorry for posting weird words. My bad:p In future use www.dictionary.com

So did I miss another ppp* beers?

*paranormal party people. Feel the need to explain myself all the time now

I've done the Zozymus walking tour of dublin and it was good, theatrical, but good.

As for missing a beers KittyKat, nope you didnt miss it, just gonna have a casual one this sunday if you're interested?

• Advertisement

Welcome to the forum Snorlax, feel free to come along on sunday too if you're around.

Keoghs it is so, around 8-ish ?

Advertisement