Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi garage in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The GS200 quoted above does not support CAN bus protocol. If you car is post 2001 its more then likely CAN.

Two DIY units I would suggest for newer audis are :

VAG specific : http://cgi.ebay.ie/VW-AUDI-SEAT-HANDHELD-DIY-DIAGNOSTICS-OBD2-CAN-ABS-SRS_W0QQitemZ260005204218QQihZ016QQcategoryZ30921QQcmdZViewItem
    These units will diagnose ABS and Airbag problems aswell as generic and specific OBD2 and CAN codes.

Gs400 : http://shops.buyandsell.ie/AUTOBITZ/product_info.php?products_id=5835
    I have one of these in work and they are a great device . Bar live data it does exactly the same job as our €€€€ diagnostic box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

ondafly wrote:
    ironically we only put the car into Brady's because they *only* had a 4 week waiting list compared to 6 weeks with Park motors for just to get a window regulator fixed. I could go on, but it only annoys me when I think about it !

Bit more of an explanation, what type of car etc? every person I have talked about never had a problem with Brady's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

mike65 wrote:
    Which warning lights showed?

Mike.

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments. The ABS, Traction Control, EPC and Engine Management Light all lit up! Now, this is my first car (an A2) and as such I've been stalling it quite a bit! My sis, who's in the Army Transport Unit and knows a lot about cars, had a look at the car and took it for a spin on Friday and couldn't see any problem at all. I still wouldn't mind someone having a look at the fault code (if there is any). Would most independent garages have VAG COM? I have heard of UK Audi dealers charging £75 for a diagnostic scan!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

bogmanfan wrote:
    Hi guys, thanks for all the comments. The ABS, Traction Control, EPC and Engine Management Light all lit up! Now, this is my first car (an A2) and as such I've been stalling it quite a bit! My sis, who's in the Army Transport Unit and knows a lot about cars, had a look at the car and took it for a spin on Friday and couldn't see any problem at all. I still wouldn't mind someone having a look at the fault code (if there is any). Would most independent garages have VAG COM? I have heard of UK Audi dealers charging £75 for a diagnostic scan!!!!

On my Passat I was getting warning lights coming on every so often and telling me to go into a garage to service engine, when I checked it in it was just the brakes lights where gone in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 radix093

A good friend of mine dealt with MSL and he said never again...they bolted his gearbox at one side only, and it blew to pieces within a few thousand miles, costing him thousands upon thousands, with long waiting time and no replacement car, and they denied all liability.
    2 years ago, I bought an A6 in London. I have dealt with a lot of the garages in Galway, and all are as bad as each other. Western Motors (Audi) are a disaster, and Motorpark (BMW) are frankly an embarrassment, both of which have had their dealerships taken from them, but continue to sell Audi's and BMW's.
    I had considered everything when deciding where to get my A6 serviced, including Isaac Agnew in Portadown. I had been told again and again that Kevin Connolly Audi & VW in Ballina Co. Mayo are exceptional, but I remained sceptical that the alleged best Audi garage in Ireland would be in Co. Mayo!!
    They have the reputation for being very dear but very good, but I've found them to be far cheaper than any other prices I got.
    My level of perfection almost borders on psychosis, and I've yet to have a problem with them, and remain extremely satisfied!
    We have a Merc that's serviced in Cunningham Higgins in Galway, and they're ok, but only ok. No problems really with them, but nowhere near the standard in Connolly's! Well worth a visit!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

And the rule of not quoting bold posts is broken yet again!

Report and keep your mouth shut is the rule.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement