Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

cork tbh - the people's republic of arrogance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

The six in Northern Ireland. Only because of The Troubles, especially during marching season. Once that's resolved someday, then I would have to reconsider.
    I think you'll find nowadays the 6 counties are very similar to the other 26. But i'm not going to turn this into another one of those debates.

I hate parts of dublin. Nobody hates monaghan then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Nope Monaghans fine.....they keep quiet and people only go to Monaghan when they're passing through.....nothing much there to annoy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cork. It's a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Laois and um, yeah mostly just Laois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,973 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Meath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Monaghan and Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Meath...

I think i dislike Westmeath too but theres something about the county that prevents you looking too hard at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Why isnt this a poll?

Cork. I dont really dislike it that much, but Cork people seem to take genuine offence when you slag their stupid county off, like it matters or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Cork. They have a chip on their shoulder 'cos they are not Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tipp

mostly due to having to waste 2 years of my life there due to a stupid second level course choice

it's just plain "meh"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

the Shades wrote:
    Kildare or Longford can't decide which gives me a stronger urge to pull each of my finger nails out very slowly to distract me from the pain of being there

Balmed Out wrote:
    Dublin and Kildare though they arent so bad, just full of w******

i hate you both.

westmeath. it's just there. it doesn't do anything. i don't see the point of it.
    it should just be part of meath proper and then meath could be its own province and it could have a king and be called the kingdom of meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Laois tbh:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

wexford or louth.

Best thing about them is the motorway out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Dublin. I just dont like it. (and no, its not because i'm from Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cork, just because it's full of so many arseholes with a major chip on their shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tipperary South Riding

I'm from Tipperary North Riding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Cork.

The only place in Europe where the inhabitants refuse to accept the status of second city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Tipperary North Riding

I'm from Tipperary South Riding ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Surprised at all the anti-Cork feeling, feel like changing my vote out of sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Definately Dublin, followed closely by Cork, Carlow and Offaly.

ThrownAway wrote:
    Limerick :mad:

What a horrible, horrible place.

It's so depressing. Everything about the place is in need of modernizing. Anyone ever see the Roches it looks like it's from the 70s :D

While I agree the centre of Limerick is a pretty ugly/grey place, most Irish cities are, do you always judge places on the standard of their Roches stores? what a brillaintly random way to decide whether you like a place or not.

While I agree the centre of Limerick is a pretty ugly/grey place, most Irish cities are, do you always judge places on the standard of their Roches stores? what a brillaintly random way to decide whether you like a place or not.

My cousin went into a chipper in Limerick a couple of years ago and woke up outside with several broken ribs, cuts, bruises etc. When he got home he was p*ssing and sh*tting blood. Not pleasant. He had been jumped by four guys. The Gardai were unable to prosecute as nobody from the chipper would agree to testify. Apparently the assailants were from an area called Moyross. What's it like?

Moyross, Southill and the Island Field are frankly the source of 90-95% of the trouble in Limerick, stay away from those areas and it's fine, well it is a depressingish in the city centre, but it's safe.

Could go into a big spiel about urban renewal etc, but not really bothered in what anyone else thinks of Limerick, tis enough for me that I like it.

Moyross, Southill and the Island Field are frankly the source of 90-95% of the trouble in Limerick, stay away from those areas and it's fine, well it is a depressingish in the city centre, but it's safe.

Could go into a big spiel about urban renewal etc, but not really bothered in what anyone else thinks of Limerick, tis enough for me that I like it.

Limerick is alright. Only been down a couple of times but had good craic.
    Nightclub called Teds.

That incident involving my cousin happened in the city centre though.

So the three places you mentioned would be considered 'working class'?

I said on another thread that the majority of violent assaults are caused by skangers from such areas and someone said I was generalising!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Why does everyone hate Derry?

;_;
    The only place in Europe where the inhabitants refuse to accept the status of second city.

Maybe becasue its the third city and not the second.

;_;

Maybe becasue its the third city and not the second.

Surely Belfast is the second city then?

Nightclub called Teds.

I said on another thread that the majority of violent assaults are caused by skangers from such areas and someone said I was generalising!

Limerick scumbags aren't working class, most working class people have pride in who they are, where they work and where they're from (ie like everyone else), most Limerick scumbags have never worked and are generally just a waste of skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

The FALC tbh. Its the only thing Ive ever had to do with the place and it was ****. Theres nothing in the town either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nightclub called Teds.

yes, you were generalising.
    i live in a council estate and when i had a car, i could leave the keys in the ignition and the windows open all night and it wouldn't be touched.

most of the scumbags in Leixlip are from middle class families.

Advertisement