Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options
  • 01-07-2006 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Having seen the other thread, I noticed that there are about 10 counties that keep appearing. I was wondering of the others, which is the worst and why????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

dublin - some parts tbh (no names!) or anywhere flat with tillage eg Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Kilkenny , got some lovely chips there once . That's about the only positive though .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Offaly tbh. Just don't like it, driving through the place annoys me, dated a fella from Birr too who turned out to be a cheating baastard LOL Of course that has no bearing on my choice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Here's mine:

(Don't mean to offend anyone. take it on the chin!!!)

Offaly (because their roads are terrible (even through towns like Clara)
    Cavan (because they have weird accents and they're all loaded coz they never spent their money.)
    Dublin (what do i say......the smell of the Liffey sums it up)

Thats it. Everywhere else is pretty mcuh ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

Roscommon and Leitrim are one horse towns !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

whassupp2 wrote:
    Cavan (because they have weird accents and they're all loaded coz they never spent their money.)

:D I'm from there and that actually is true (apart from the weird accent bits, that's only in far Cavan).

I'd have to say Dublin. I like about 50% of the people/places in the county but loathe the other 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Clare.

There was a guy living in my estate and he would always have his clare flags hagging out the window whenever clare were playing cork. He'd call down a few days before the game in his clare jersey and talk **** to my ol' man about how Clare are going to win (the ol'man wouldn't have a clue about hurely), and he'd generally talk ****e anyway.... Needless to say I had the last laugh! AH HAAA!

edit: Hurling of course, not hurely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Yes Kilkenny is a sh!t hole try living there:( My worst country is probly the aran islands(not exactly a county, tho I love Galway), an uter pile of horse and cart sh!t. They have a shop there and its called, wait for it "SPAR", must of been the talk of the island for a year or so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Worse county, got to be Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Donegal,easily Donegal!!!

Can't understand a word any of them are saying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Plug wrote:
    Yes Kilkenny is a sh!t hole try living there:( My worst country is probly the aran islands(not exactly a county, tho I love Galway), an uter pile of horse and cart sh!t. They have a shop there and its called, wait for it "SPAR", must of been the talk of the island for a year or so:rolleyes:

Has the Aran Islands finally got country status now? Wow! LOL

couldn't resist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Sorry, but it's Cork for me. Dublin comes a close second. I've lived all my life there and familiarity does breed contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

TheGooner wrote:
    Has the Aran Islands finally got country status now? Wow! LOL

couldn't resist :D
    Sh!t hole none the least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Slow coach wrote:
    Sorry, but it's Cork for me.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

cork, terrible accents and always going on about how great it is to be from cork, does my head in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Probably Cork, but I don't really mind it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

cork of course

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Kildare or Longford can't decide which gives me a stronger urge to pull each of my finger nails out very slowly to distract me from the pain of being there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

cork!!!!!!!! arseholes!!!(ones i met anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Limerick :mad:

What a horrible, horrible place.

It's so depressing. Everything about the place is in need of modernizing. Anyone ever see the Roches it looks like it's from the 70s :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dublin by far and then Louth, oh and Derry (so booooring)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Hey louth is...actually your right:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

dublin, what a scum hole! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Cork. Who the hell would be proud of being from the 2nd city??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I only know sligo, dublin and galway well, so um...dublin maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Carlow. I mean, what is the point? One of its top historic battle sites is actually located in a county council yard! Tyrone bores me whenever I drive through it. But I will admit, I love to get away from Meath

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Some parts of Dublin are Hell on Earth (I'm from Dublin btw)
    Don't really like Derry... Bit depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

why?

Full of themselves. Show no respect to anyone else, particularly the real capital.

(Crosshaven is nice, though, but why was Fort Camden allowed go to pot?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dublin and Kildare though they arent so bad, just full of w******

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The six in Northern Ireland. Only because of The Troubles, especially during marching season. Once that's resolved someday, then I would have to reconsider.

Advertisement