Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Clare. And I'm from Clare. More specifically, the people of West Clare, Kilmaley, Inch, etc. You will never see more in-bred, tight-arse miserable ba***ds in your life. And Ennis has it's fair share of tight arses as well. I'm in college in Galway, and everybody who's not from Clare notices it. It's shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,329 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nothing wrong with being proud of your county but we aren't actually jealous of Cork people which I think was the guy's point. Did Derval O'Rourke represent Cork or Ireland?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Wow..Cork's getting a great mention!!:D
    cornbb wrote:
    The East Cork accent is pretty funny.. "How feaar is it to Dungeaarvan?"
    huh?!!
    Im from East Cork and I nor anyone else i know speaks like that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Fast_Mover wrote:
    huh?!!
    Im from East Cork and I nor anyone else i know speaks like that?!

QFT. Where did you hear someone talking like this, cornbb? Go on, name the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

could all the Cork and Dublin people stop whining like bitches, please?
    it's really pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

People from dublin are the most annoying people in Ireland. They are close-minded and their accent is awful.

People from Galway I've found to be the most layed back and chilled. Probably the nicest bunch of people you can meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Collie D wrote:
    Nothing wrong with being proud of your county but we aren't actually jealous of Cork people which I think was the guy's point. Did Derval O'Rourke represent Cork or Ireland?:rolleyes:

Exactly. If my county won a camoige title (and God knows it doesn't win much) I would feel no pride in it. It might sound ignorant, but who can be proud of winning something if nobody cares. I heard a Cork guy on Des Cahill talking about this a few months back. He listed 27 national titles won by Cork teams. He said it wasn't good enough that nobody had mentioned it. Des asked him did he want a special medel struck for the occasion. Fair play to any girls who win a camoige All Ireland, but honestly who cares. I can't think of another succesful county outside if Cork, who feel the need to list it's achievements so often.And before anyone says it's because you win so much, it's not. It's just annoying. And no. I'm not jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Tommy Tiernan kinda sums it up for me about Cork

"I'm de president of Ireland like, but more importantly I'm from Cork" :D

Fair enough, people can be proud of where they come from but thinking that other people "wish" to be from Cork is quite sad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

wow i was expecting this to be everyone hating limerick
    glad you goes have more sense though im from limerick county myself and its preety boring i love the city though

but i suppose because of rivilaries ill go with tipperary

i live on the border with tipperary and loads of tipp ppl go to our school and they never shut up about GAA and horse racing gets on yer nerves. being from limerick we cant talk about GAA because we have nothing to show for it so its all rugby and soccer here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Clare. There's feck all to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Sorry 1hugh1. I didn't realise Limerick had anything to show for soccer either :D Rugby on the other hand, well, hats off to Limerick:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Kilkenny...the only county thats pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork, they act as if being Cork is actually something to be proud of

No, nothing at all :rolleyes:

Anyway, that aside, I must say I cannot stand Dublin (theres a surprise), but I have a different reasoning. I like real Dubs, Dubs who have been born and raised by Dubs, who have been born and raised etc ect etc

I hate the blow ins from the rest of the country who have poisoned what could be a decent City. People say that Cork people are arrogant and so on, but the most arrogant is the noveau Dub who feels liberated that he/she has finally made it to Dublin. They speak with an afflicted Dublin accent within minutes of moving to there, trying to lose their Kerry/Cork/Mayo/whatever accent, and are the very people who call people from outside Dub - Culchies, in the wannabe thickest, most drawn out Dublin accent you have ever heard. They only want to drive a D reg car in order to show those at home that they have 'made it' by living/working in Dublin.

These are the people who give Dubs a bad name.

Not much time for Kerry people either. Always have a chip on their shoulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

oh i hate the dubs the loud mouthed not it all types with the scumy accents!!!!!!

love the clare and kerry ppl as yyou can insult em and take the piss out of em without them even realising it!!!!

but really dont like tipp people as there limericks rivals!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

After last Sunday...Laois! I sat in Croke Park surrounded by hundreds of Laois fans and cheered them on during the Mayo match and then during the Kilkenny match they roared for Clare. Me and my flag were lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

It would have to be Kildare. Too close to Dublin and yet not Dublin. No mountains or anything interesting. I doubt if anyone would miss it if aliens beamed it away. Some might even pay for it to be done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

LEITRIM LEITRIM LEITRIM please god wipe it off the map, shower of frog catchers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 knockinglass

how about change the county slagging to town slagging as there are some really grim kips around the country from kilkeel (in norn iron) to killenaule (tipp) and even my present abode swords. as for cork great craic in pubs prior to gaa matches

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dublin

• Advertisement

LEITRIM LEITRIM LEITRIM please god wipe it off the map, shower of frog catchers :D

Dont get you but I think ur from Roscommon..... the land of sheep :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Plug wrote:
    Yes Kilkenny is a sh!t hole try living there:( My worst country is probly the aran islands(not exactly a county, tho I love Galway), an uter pile of horse and cart sh!t. They have a shop there and its called, wait for it "SPAR", must of been the talk of the island for a year or so:rolleyes:
    The Inis Mor Spar must be one of the biggest in Ireland.

It's a good island though, they have cliffs and ablow hole.

H&#250 wrote: »
    The Inis Mor Spar must be one of the biggest in Ireland.

It's a good island though, they have cliffs and ablow hole.

The SPAR is!! I have a friend who lives on the Aran Islands and he told me about that. Thought it was mad :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

So the perfect county is SLIGO with 0 votes....

Until now! I vote sligo. he!he!:D

This leaves fermanagh with no votes... interesting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

Stepbar :eek: Im NOT and I repeat NOT from Roscommon :mad: what on earth made you think Im from there :confused::(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

1huge1 wrote:
    wow i was expecting this to be everyone hating limerick
    glad you goes have more sense though im from limerick county myself and its preety boring i love the city though

So did I, when I first saw this thread I was getting ready to come on and defend it big time.
    gimmick wrote:
    They speak with an afflicted Dublin accent within minutes of moving to there, trying to lose their Kerry/Cork/Mayo/whatever accent, and are the very people who call people from outside Dub - Culchies, in the wannabe thickest, most drawn out Dublin accent you have ever heard.

In all fairness people from Limerick city, Cork city and all other Irish cities (though maybe not Kilkenny, cause it's tiny) call all non city dwellers culchies. And lots of people do actually have a fairly neutral Irish accent, not everyone from Dublin sounds the same, nor does evryone from Cork or Limerick or anywhere else in the country.

I don't think I have a least favourite county, but I'll go for Offaly because it gave us, Brian Cowen and Albert Reynoldsand it is where Boris-on-Ossory is and I always hated having to stop there for 20 minutes whenever I got the Limerick-Dublin bus. The bloody buses have toilets now, we don't need to stop anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Femmy wrote:
    Dublin. I just dont like it. (and no, its not because i'm from Cork)

YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!! :D Of course its because your from Cork. Anyway Cork by a long way - reason - read my sig:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

has to be wicklow. bray is a cesspit and the rest of wicklow is used a landfill for pikeys and dubs

Stepbar :eek: Im NOT and I repeat NOT from Roscommon :mad: what on earth made you think Im from there :confused::(

Because only a tit from Roscommon would want to wipe Leitrim off the map......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,108 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gotta be Cork. Not only that thick ridiculous accent, but their utter contempt for the Dubs, all because Dublin is the Capital. Jealous shower of muppets!!!

Advertisement