Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz EOM game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Ollieboy wrote:
    your not still upset about Wednesday?lol.

By the way, the old man says sorry, he realised the next day what he done and felt like a right fool, he couldn't believe he bet into a empty side pot.

lol- no worries! I thought your dad played extremely well for his first game of poker! Is he going to play in Vegas?

I was thinking about it, in poker you are trying to get chips. By playing the hand the way he did he finished the hand about 20k richer! 20k at that stage was a lot of change.. 283k chips in play and the average stack was about 50k. so it was actually very +EV for him. I've seen guys argue it before online that they couldn't care less about 1 player on the bread line getting knocked out. They want chips.. And if it means bluffing a lad out of it from the side pot then so be it!! Going for the win etc. I think doing it with a hand that has no chance of beating the all-in is stupid, but he did have the nut high!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

With quads or against!?!? Sounds like a real bad beat story, not the usual wishy-washy crap that's bandied about.
    I'll let Reggie tell his own tale of woe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

ocallagh wrote:
    lol- no worries! I thought your dad played extremely well for his first game of poker! Is he going to play in Vegas?

I was thinking about it, in poker you are trying to get chips. By playing the hand the way he did he finished the hand about 20k richer! 20k at that stage was a lot of change.. 283k chips in play and the average stack was about 50k. so it was actually very +EV for him. I've seen guys argue it before online that they couldn't care less about 1 player on the bread line getting knocked out. They want chips.. And if it means bluffing a lad out of it from the side pot then so be it!! Going for the win etc. I think doing it with a hand that has no chance of beating the all-in is stupid, but he did have the nut high!!

lol, yeh I was thinking the same, he end up winnng money out of the pot, 20k so the move had its advantage, but its not a play I'll make.

Yes he'll be playing in Vegas, on the $1 tables far away from you....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

Anyone know the result?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Unlucky. How many played and how many places paid?.

90 something played.
    Last 18 got paid.
    €8000 first
    €4300 second
    Can't recall 3rd to 9th
    €450 10th
    €300 11th to 18th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Hawk Eye wrote:
    hmmm must have me mixed up with someone else as I didn't go to this last night.
    i heard you won....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I lost a huge pot which may have put me 2nd in chips, or at least with a very big stack when I called a re-raise all in with JJ v AK. AK held up. Down to 7BBs and pushed UTG+1 with Q9s, AK guy min-raised, I hit quads and lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

i heard you won....

Ok I give in, your sources are spot on I did take the 8k first prize I'm just ridiculously modest:o

But if you look at this and the time of post #3 somebody must be hijacking my boards a/c;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

it finished at 4:30 in the morning. 6 way split: iirc, 1 from Hull, 3 from north, 2 dubliners. ~3k each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

tricky D wrote:
    it finished at 4:30 in the morning. 6 way split: iirc, 1 from Hull, 3 from north, 2 dubliners. ~3k each.

6-way split for 3K each in the EOM... Boooooooooooo.:(

Why did they bother playing in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

its 1110% profit on their money, and if they are travellign from far im sure they were happy enough, although you have to wonder at the timing of it.

Well, first of all, I'm beered up and just in the door. I don't think there is one person on this forum who would make a 6-way deal in this game. Exceptions are mega-short stacks, and players who *really* need the money e.g. students in the middle of rag week. So I pose a drunk question... 4.30am in the Fitz, 6 players left, 8K for first, 1K for 6th... do you do a deal for 3K each, or do you want to win the game??? The integrity of the forum is at stake.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Some people are very anti-deal, others are generally pro-deal.

I try to be somewhere in the middel, i.e. always open to a deal if it makes sense at the time given time, money, who is involved etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I did a five way split for 4K each in the Fitz EOM last year. It was 6am in the morning, and it had been five handed for over two hours, and we all had even stacks.

Also, it was the first time I had ever had the chance of winning more than a few hundred quid (I was a poor student...:))

Its easy to criticise, but when you have paid less than 300 to get in, and 3K is being offered, it can be hard to refuse...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

So I pose a drunk question... 4.30am in the Fitz, 6 players left, 8K for first, 1K for 6th... do you do a deal for 3K each, or do you want to win the game??? The integrity of the forum is at stake.

I'm definitely up for a deal if

(a) I'm not one of the better players at the table.
    (b) I'm so tired I know I'm not thinking straight about my hands any more.

Other factors such as the utility of the money and chip positions might make me inclined to accept a deal in other circumstances. I don't know how any given poster's attitude reflects upon the integrity of the forum. Attitudes to deals are a personal thing and I find it hard to criticise anyone for the decisions they make in such a situation.

Here's an example: Until recently I was a player who made many final tables in small tournaments but never really got down to the business end (top 3) of a tournament. It is quite recent for me to have identified and solved the problems with my game that were causing this and so previously it would have been very foolish for me to refuse such a deal.

roryc wrote:
    I did a five way split for 4K each in the Fitz EOM last year. It was 6am in the morning, and it had been five handed for over two hours, and we all had even stacks.

Also, it was the first time I had ever had the chance of winning more than a few hundred quid (I was a poor student...:))

Its easy to criticise, but when you have paid less than 300 to get in, and 3K is being offered, it can be hard to refuse...

Fair enough Rory, but would you have done a deal if you had a decent lead? I doubt it. I just cant believe that out of six players, not one of them had the balls to play for the win.

ecksor wrote:

I don't know how any given poster's attitude reflects upon the integrity of the forum. Attitudes to deals are a personal thing and I find it hard to criticise anyone for the decisions they make in such a situation.

Apologies, it was a drunk post (I'm taking over from Doc!). The integrity of the forum is definately NOT at stake.

I have no problems with doing deals that are in your own interest, and often when it gets to 3-handed in the Fitz, doing a deal makes a lot of sense. But 6-handed? I dont think so, but if I was a short stack I'd probably welcome a deal.

Advertisement