Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz EOM game

Options
  • 29-06-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

I assume this is on tonight, unless i find out its not, i will be there.
    Who else is going, maybe we could get another last longer going since i missed the last one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

do you know if there's any satellites on beforehand Rob?

300 smackers to play is a bit rich for me but if I could luckbox my way in that'd be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I'm gonna head in to this I think. Count me in for the last longer

El Stuntman - They do have satellites. They have an MTT around 5pm I think. (not sure on that - ring them to confirm).. and they have STTs from about 6pm onwards. Also if you feel lucky you can play a one handed blind Omaha STT for 30.

ocallagh wrote:
    a one handed blind Omaha STT for 30.

this sounds completely bonkers!!!

is this what I think it is i.e. a 10 way coinflip?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

this sounds completely bonkers!!!

is this what I think it is i.e. a 10 way coinflip?
    There is a lot of skill involved I'll have you know!!!

The funniest thing I saw in a long time happened last month when one guy was sitting to take his seat at one of these and ended up leaving the table when it was explained to him as he 'didn't know how to play Omaha'. Even when it was explained again to him that you just turn over your cards in sequence he still didn't want to play, but he would have played a 1 handed holdem hand. Strange indeed.

This time last week I was probably not going. This time Yesterday I was definitely going. Now I am 50/50, but I don't think I have missed one in a year. A combination of early morning and wanting to see football tomorrow evening and having some work to do tomorrow night is making me think I shouldn't go, but I still want to. Hmmm, head or heart. I'll decide around 8pm tonight. If I am going I am in for the last longest anyhow.

El Stuntman - The freeroll with €15 rebuys starts at 4.30 and sats start around 5 or so, whenever they have enough names basically. One handers start around 8.20 or so, and the thing won't get going until around 8.55 normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I'm on a really tight BR at the moment 'til I sell some shares next month, so I cant really justify spending the full 270.:( But I only work a couple of minutes from the Fitz now, so I might stroll down and take a gamble on the freeroll.

El Stuntman, there are 10-handed (€30) and 6-handed (€50) sats beforehand. If you decide to play these, I definately think there is more play, and hence more value, in the €50 sats.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:

This time last week I was probably not going. This time Yesterday I was definitely going. Now I am 50/50, but I don't think I have missed one in a year. A combination of early morning and wanting to see football tomorrow evening and having some work to do tomorrow night is making me think I shouldn't go, but I still want to. Hmmm, head or heart. I'll decide around 8pm tonight. If I am going I am in for the last longest anyhow.

El Stuntman - The freeroll with €15 rebuys starts at 4.30 and sats start around 5 or so, whenever they have enough names basically. One handers start around 8.20 or so, and the thing won't get going until around 8.55 normally.

cheers for the info Dom, I think a one-handed satellite is just about perfect for my level of Omaha skillz....who dreamt up this wonderful concept?

now all I have to do is convince the wife that I should be let out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

5starpool wrote:

See u later on then Dom !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

oh how i would love to go to this.
    girlfriends are deffo deffo deffo -EV .

Gholimoli wrote:

THEY TURN INTO WIVES...BE WARNED GHOLI!!!!!

Gholimoli wrote:
    If she is any good looking I'll take her off your hands if you like for a wee while. :p

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:
    If she is any good looking I'll take her off your hands if you like for a wee while. :p

teach her poker

problem solved

5starpool wrote:
    man no problem i will even pay you so you can take her out for dinner 2nite .
    deadly looks like i may be playing 2nite after all then hey Dom?

teach her poker

problem solved
    did you read the other thread about the 5K prob bet and how scary that was and what would be the irish version of this.
    teaching her poker would be my prob bet for 10K if any one is interested.

Gholimoli wrote:
    man no problem i will even pay you so you can take her out for dinner 2nite .
    deadly looks like i may be playing 2nite after all then hey Dom?
    I'll buy her a roast dinner with dessert afterwards at the break in the Fitz. Classy act I am. ;)

Edit: Another thing, is she Irish? If so then don't come over here taking our women, it's hard enough to get one as it is!!!!

Bloody foreigners, almost as bad as those bloody students. Taking my poker money too. Bah.

/end rant

5starpool wrote:
    I'll buy her a roast dinner with dessert afterwards at the break in the Fitz. Classy act I am. ;)

Edit: Another thing, is she Irish? If so then don't come over here taking our women, it's hard enough to get one as it is!!!!

Bloody foreigners, almost as bad as those bloody students. Taking my poker money too. Bah.

/end rant
    LMAO ...
    she is irish indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

who won it?

I won a sat but decided not to play...money now was too tempting :o

any reports on this.i assume the ppl who went deep on this are still in bed.

I went out in about 24th or so :( at around 1.40. I never really got going properly, but early on I was always above average, but one loss and the blinds creeping took their toll. I will write a full report in my blog thingy at some stage today. I should have taken your missus out Gholi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

5starpool wrote:
    I went out in about 24th or so :( at around 1.40. I never really got going properly, but early on I was always above average, but one loss and the blinds creeping took their toll. I will write a full report in my blog thingy at some stage today. I should have taken your missus out Gholi :)

Unlucky. How many played and how many places paid?.

5starpool wrote:

/end rant
    yeah that way we would both prob have gotten better results ...

• Advertisement

Unlucky. How many played and how many places paid?.
    I think there was in the high 90's in terms of runners. The prizepool was not displayed when I left so I don't know how many prizes or who won it or whatever. The only boards player that I seen left when I finished was NTLBell, but I didn't visit the table downstairs at all.

Boardies seen there: Cardshark202 - Lost with quads on my table.
    Norwich Fan Rob - Down to the cloth, made a good comeback, but seemed to be gone before me
    OCALLAGH - No idea how Niall did.

I can't recall meeting any others from here last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

5starpool wrote:
    I

Boardies seen there: Cardshark202 - Lost with quads on my table.

With quads or against!?!? Sounds like a real bad beat story, not the usual wishy-washy crap that's bandied about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

there were 96 runners, i came 34th.
    5 star and hawk eye were still in when i left, just saw 5 star got 24th.

went down from 5k to 450 early, then had about 11k with half the field left, so average, kept running into the same player at the table, who had a monster literally everytime i played a pot ! , total card rack.

went out when he hit a 4 flush with AK vs my pair.
    66/AJ were the 2 best hands i saw all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

there were 96 runners, i came 34th.
    5 star and hawk eye were still in when i left, just saw 5 star got 24th.

hmmm must have me mixed up with someone else as I didn't go to this last night.

Hawk Eye wrote:
    hmmm must have me mixed up with someone else as I didn't go to this last night.

your evil twin brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Left home at 8.40. Walked into the Fitz, handed in 270. I think I might have played 1 hand of poker. Got ALL of my chps in with a sh1t hand, got back in my car and went home. 45 minute round trip or something like that.

ocallagh wrote:
    Left home at 8.40. Walked into the Fitz, handed in 270. I think I might have played 1 hand of poker. Got ALL of my chps in with a sh1t hand, got back in my car and went home. 45 minute round trip or something like that.
    sounds like you meant business Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ocallagh wrote:

D'oh! Hard luck Niall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

ocallagh wrote:

your not still upset about Wednesday?lol.

By the way, the old man says sorry, he realised the next day what he done and felt like a right fool, he couldn't believe he bet into a empty side pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ollieboy wrote:
    your not still upset about Wednesday?lol.

By the way, the old man says sorry, he realised the next day what he done and felt like a right fool, he couldn't believe he bet into a empty side pot.

So that's where you get it from ;)

Advertisement