Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE News' resident 12 year old news reader...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 donfeeney

It's great to see all the experts in the world come on here and rant and rave about things they know very little about. First off if your going to slag someone off please at least know enought about them to be able to get their name right! Secondly if you insist on publishing pictures of people make sure they are the right people and not some other randomer.

I would like to see how people would react to you if your job was done in public 24-7 365, all sorts of things happen during live broadcasting. Some of the slickist presenters on radio are the laziest and leasdt talented! That is the truth.

I'm just making a basic point, it is ingnorance of the highest order to slam someone and make disparaging and offensive remarks about them when you know very little about them let alone their name!

I think the moderators here have alot to answer for allowing this sort of public flogging to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

donfeeney wrote: »
    It's great to see all the experts in the world come on here and rant and rave about things they know very little about. First off if your going to slag someone off please at least know enought about them to be able to get their name right! Secondly if you insist on publishing pictures of people make sure they are the right people and not some other randomer.

I would like to see how people would react to you if your job was done in public 24-7 365, all sorts of things happen during live broadcasting. Some of the slickist presenters on radio are the laziest and leasdt talented! That is the truth.

I'm just making a basic point, it is ingnorance of the highest order to slam someone and make disparaging and offensive remarks about them when you know very little about them let alone their name!

I think the moderators here have alot to answer for allowing this sort of public flogging to go on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

bushy... wrote: »

WOW!:eek:

Reminds me of the new South Park episode:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Moreover, I think the execs at RTE have a lot more to answer for.

Are you related to Peter Feeney by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 donfeeney

It's interesting to see how so called contributors on this site respond to a honest piece of criticism of its lack of balance.

Why is it when people on this forum raise an issue its to criticise and seldome to praise. You'd be hard pressed to find a post in which their is postive rather than ignorant ill-informed comment.

Peter Feeney? Don't know a Peter I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Why is it when people on this forum raise an issue its to criticise and seldome to praise. You'd be hard pressed to find a post in which their is postive rather than ignorant ill-informed comment.

Sure don't ya know we're just a nation of begrudgers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

We take all our cues from the Joe Duffy show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Bad, but is she really this bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's interesting to see how so called contributors on this site respond to a honest piece of criticism of its lack of balance.

Peter Feeney? Don't know a Peter I'm afraid.

And why is it that when people dish out a bit of criticism you get a do-gooder who comes on and condemns them for doing that?

This thread is about someone who works in the public eye so criticism is inevitable. If you don't like the nature of the thread then don't post in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

I suggest that RTE should issue a weekly news bulletin entitled "Recent Nepotistic Appointments", to be read by Aine Gallagher.

:) Very good. RTE though is hardly the first or last large Irish organisation to engage in nepotism. However, when you think of how many good people there are out there that this person is keeping out of a (presumably) nicely-paid job ... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alankillian

I think Libreri is a good reporter - there is nothing wrong with her abilities. No one has made any proper criticisms of her. Armchair critics....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EmmaGr8

ya, i agree, she has a voice which is the aural cure for insomnia...............has anyone seen the new Ulster Bank/GAA ad on TV? I fancy the guy in the red t shirt on the beach :):D is he in anything else, anyone know? and ad where the guys try and power the electricity network, that is just plain stupid...............................

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I've been looking at this threat since it started, but have held off commenting... the matter of somebody's tone of voice, voice in general, accent, etc is largely a subjective one.

I'm not saying you can't complain about presenters' voices, but stations are never going to keep every body happy. Even if you go for a netrual or something like a "BBC accent", complains are still going to be strong on the bases you're not hiring people from one area or another.

Talk of nepotism in this thread isn't right at all to those named in different posts - it's making at least a loose link where there may or may not be one. And it's off topic anyway.
    Armchair critics....

Professional TV should be "armchair critics"!

Althought radio critics should have a balance in going between different areas normal listeners would. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keentolearn

The extent to which people are willing to crticise here in beyond belief, has no-one got anything good to say.

I think Samantha Libreri is an excellent reporter, with an engaging voice and she looks very well. Also Gavin Jennings on Radio 1 is a solid presenter and great interviewer, oh and when we are at it, Ray Foley is funny and really good on Today FM.

Wonder what the resident whingers will have to say about all this positivity!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think if you use the media to your advantage...say by going on and plugging something you're doing, or getting a magazine to pay for your wedding...then it's fair game and criticism has to be expected. But working for the media doesn't entitle people to abuse ya from the safety of their bedrooms. Nothing more pathetic imo than personal attacking someone on an internet forum...unless you want to give your real name etc...and not hide behind a username.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Nothing more pathetic imo than personal attacking someone on an internet forum...

While I think some of the abuse here is over the top, there's really not much difference between criticising somebody here or in the TV or Radio review pages of newspapers or magazines.

And as I said, on the subject of somebody's voice etc it's all subjective.
    unless you want to give your real name etc...and not hide behind a username.

You're going to lead by example, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The extent to which people are willing to crticise here in beyond belief, has no-one got anything good to say.

I think Samantha Libreri is an excellent reporter, with an engaging voice and she looks very well. Also Gavin Jennings on Radio 1 is a solid presenter and great interviewer, oh and when we are at it, Ray Foley is funny and really good on Today FM.

Wonder what the resident whingers will have to say about all this positivity!!!:p
    Id say its pretty obvious where all these shill acounts appeared out of...

Advertisement