Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And Were Off!!!!!!!

Options
  • 25-06-2006 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

WSOP has started 27 playing in a tourny of champions including Andy Black $2m prizepool:D

(only 26 left)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Where can you see updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Andy has near doubled up through Joe Hachem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What did Andy win to get into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

invitational as far as i know. final 9 of WSOP 2005, some WPT finalists and 6 additional pro's were selected.

• Advertisement

11 players left - Current chip counts

1 Daniel Negreanu $58,500
    2 Andrew Black $50,500
    3 Aaron Kanter $42,000
    4 Mike Matusow $28,200
    5 Chris Ferguson $18,500
    5 Mike Sexton $18,500
    7 Thang "Kido" Pham$18,000
    8 Daniel Bergsdorf$13,000
    9 Darrell Dicken$12,500
    10 Gus Hansen $9,500
    11 Chris Reslock$8,400

9 player get paid.

1$1,000,000
    2$325,000
    3$250,000
    4$150,000
    5$100,000
    6$75,000
    7$50,000
    8$25,000
    9$25,000

nicked from http://www.cardplayer.com/

yes!! Andy just took Kanter out in a monster pot.

ATx board, Kanter got it all in with AK. Andy had AT and called. No miracle this time for Kanter!

Andy now has 97k.. closest to him is Daniel Negraunu on 44k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Nice one Andy! I was following this last night but I'm behind a firewall now :( so all updates are welcome ocallagh.;)

ollyk1 wrote:
    Nice one Andy! I was following this last night but I'm behind a firewall now :( so all updates are welcome ocallagh.;)

think they've finished for the day. starting again later tnoight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Go Go Go Go Go!!!!!

• Advertisement

im firewalled as well can someone post the end of day chipcounts if they get a minute

thanks

carrigeen wrote:
    im firewalled as well can someone post the end of day chipcounts if they get a minute

thanks

1 Andrew Black $94,175
    2 Daniel Negreanu $44,325
    3 Daniel Bergsdorf $24,500
    4 Thang "Kido" Pham $23,825
    5 Mike Matusow $21,300
    6 Chris Ferguson $16,600
    7 Mike Sexton $16,100
    8 Darrell Dicken $15,425
    9 Gus Hansen $7,375
    10 Chris Reslock $6,375

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

carrigeen wrote:

thanks

1 Andrew Black $94,175

2 Daniel Negreanu $44,325

3 Daniel Bergsdorf $24,500

4 Thang "Kido" Pham $23,825

5 Mike Matusow $21,300

6 Chris Ferguson $16,600

7 Mike Sexton $16,100

8 Darrell Dicken $15,425

9 Gus Hansen $7,375

10 Chris Reslock $6,375

Nice one Andy knockin out Kantor, glad it was him who knocked him out

EDIT: Feckin new someone would have them posted when I was postin lol thanks Nicky

This is one hell of a freeroll isn't it?

It just shows you the +EV of playing the WSOP. There may not be any money added and the reg is way too high but on the otherhand if you make the FT and are anyway commercially savvy there seems to be a lot of additional money to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

Good publicity for the main even alright. Another million dollar winner!

Kanter would need to be seriously commercialy savvy to overcome public opinion after dogging raymer! :p

As a matter of interest, how much do they take from the 10k as a reg fee?
    Or is the reg extra?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The main event has something like 2% withheld from the 10k for costs and dealers wages I think I read somewhere.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Daily coverage will start today on Antesup.com. I'm just out of bed :)

I'll post when we have the latest news up.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

Is there any TV coverage of the WSOP events anywhere....I know challenge and player do the edited/recorded shows that will be on later in the year but surely some Sky or foreign satellite channel has rights to the ESPN coverage

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ESPN only shows them later in the year too. No live coverage on TV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Here's the short version:
    ANDY'S DESTROYING THEM.

The longer version can be found here

I knew Andy was chip leader but omg.... He's on a rampage!

I'll try and get you updates as quickly as possible but none of the press are there yet (its waaay to early for Vegas just yet!)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

The word is ESPN will be doing live FT pay-per-view coverage in the states.
    So hopefully I can get in touch with some cousins over there around that time... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Andy was crushing the field at last years WSOP & kept his foot on the accelerator until he ran into a very bad beat. My question is will he keep it in fifth gear & try to crush them all or will he gear down & let them cut one anothers throats ?

The Andy that is there this year has another years experience behind him and this time at much higher levels thanks to his new found bankroll. I think he'll terrify them. I think he will also simply pressure the bigger stacks and only take on the smaller stacks with half decent hands. But what do I know, God only knows what Mr Black is thinking of doing... but its sure to be interesting!

DeV.

To say that he's destroying them is more than a little silly. I think He moved up 43K in chips on the last blind level primarily through outflopping Kanter's AK with AT and having kanter dump his stack to him. I think Kanter was 3rd in chips at the time. Sometimes massive chipleads just land right in your lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

NickyOD wrote:
    To say that he's destroying them is more than a little silly. I think He moved up 43K in chips on the last blind level primarily through outflopping Kanter's AK with AT and having kanter dump his stack to him. I think Kanter was 3rd in chips at the time. Sometimes massive chipleads just land right in your lap.

Nicky,

We're not in the world cup, it's the end of june and it's still p*ssing out of the heaven's.

Let us have something to brag about eh! :D

ntlbell wrote:
    Nicky,

We're not in the world cup, it's the end of june and it's still p*ssing out of the heaven's.

Let us have something to brag about eh! :D

Brag when he's won!!! We all know he has a tendency to get overaggressive with a big stack.

I think an interesting factor is Andy is going to be a lot less tired and mentally drained at this FT then he was at the WSOP FT at the end of a very long month of poker.

He may not win this but I don't think he'll blow it and the coverage a win here would get him could be absolutely massive.

G'wan the Andy!

94,175 chips when your next nearest opponents have 44,300 and 24,500 is "destroying them" in my book. He had 50k when he took out Kanter but that only makes it worse because each of them has LESS then Kanter had when Andy took him on with half his current stack.
    Besides, how did he manage to get 50k in the first place? :)

I'm with NTLBell... I think supporters have a tendancy to shout for their team BEFORE they actually win :)
    (unless you are Man U.... then the supporters arrive after the silverwear. oh no he didnt!!)

Dev.

you can subscibe to see the final table live next month (sorry august :D )

will we be able to do this outside the states?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=2476712

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wrote:
    Brag when he's won!!! We all know he has a tendency to get overaggressive with a big stack.

Hey what you got against homer anyway!?

Advertisement