Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

just remove the head that way it will never spark ,thats all they are really concerned about. plus if new it will be free of fuel. I brought my rtr hpi home from australia they only stopped me at the airport because the guy there wanted to see one of these cars.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

just remove the head that way it will never spark ,thats all they are really concerned about. plus if new it will be free of fuel. ..
    Mugenextreme is spot on.
    They want no fire hazard.
    On one occasion I was questioned about rechargeable batteries.
    I had to demonstrate at the security checkpoint that my batteries were discharged (empty) and could not spark.
    After that they let me carry them through.

But don't forget the weight bit. If you go over your baggage limit they charge € 50-60 extra approx. And the baggage allowances seem lower than they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

And then there was EBAY..!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

hahaha i was waiting for that vectra!! lol!! eh if the car is second hand, i dont c any problems as technically it may not have beeen puchased in the us, i.e. not having to be claimed in customs, or if its new, ya might wana break it in over there, that way its not "new" then the ony problem is this "spark" whats that all about? as in start? but sure they air post cars all teh time (ebay) so where's the prob? just wondering, as want to take my truck to scotland so need to know these things too!!

just wondering, as want to take my truck to scotland so need to know these things too!!

Drive it on the ferry and off at the other side.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

LOL:D I could just imagine there faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

hahah yeh! pay passenger fare, and drive it on and park it...hah good stuff, nah im on the plane to glasgow so that aint an option!! i dont think they'll just let me pop it under the seat"!!(not that i cud as im on fe**in crutches)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

it will be grand for scotland, just put it in your case :) i would wrap it in towls and things and fill the inside with your socks so that the shell and things can be dammaged/crushed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Just a bit of advice, I'd never buy anything from boystoyz in santry as they rip people off big time.i priced parts there before and it was twice the cost of buying from towerhobbies even after shipping costs. for example, the last order i got, i priced a set of HPI wheels and tires, €60 for the lot in santry. i then ent to tower hobbies and got the same wheels and tires plus inserts, plus graphite swing arms plus a new pull starter and an M3 style mirror kit. grand total of €68 including shipping.

Thats why I always use tower;)

• Advertisement

plus ya get the 20 dollars off vouchers every so often in their e-mails.
    Anyone any expierence of buying a full truck from them? im toying with the idea of getting a Traxxas JATO and i just know that it will cost a fortune to buy over here.

I got my T-maxx, ultimate combo for E450 including the price of fuel here:)

where was that?
    there a shop in dun laoghaire and thats about the only one besides boystoyz that i know of over here. halfords dont realy stoc much.

Tower hobbies of course:D If you saw that with a price like over hear its bound to be second hand. I was offered to buy a T-maxx for E800 here:eek:
    There a few model shops over here:
    Model centre in Waterford.
    Marks models in Dublin.
    Green hobby in Dublin.
    The model centre in Waterford do Traxxas:)
    Theres a good few more I,m just to lazy to name them:D

Plug wrote:
    The model centre in Waterford do Traxxas:)

Yup.
    I priced one there last year before I bought my sons one. They wanted €875 :eek:

Like I already said.. "Bloody Bandits" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

so if were to get a traxxas 4 tec car, id need to know how to look after it and all that yeah? if i get it i'l have absolutely no clue what im doing with it

riddik wrote:
    so if were to get a traxxas 4 tec car, id need to know how to look after it and all that yeah?

Well for a start off you dont really need to know much to be honest as long as it runs for you and you dont crash it ..

Yes you will have to read the manual and watch the dvd that will come with it.
    But to be honest. I have my revo since Christmas and touch wood I havent broken anything on it yet.
    The only issue I have is getting the tune spot on..but I dont think everyone does get it "just right" anyway.
    Dont worry about it..just go get one.

Only thing is.. Why get a car when you could buy a buggy or Monster truck and have the best ob both worlds..
    I am actually thinking of getting 2 sets of "Slicks" For our Revo and T-Maxx to have a bash onroad..:D
    if i get it i'l have absolutely no clue what im doing with it

Do you think we all knoew everything about them when we started off?
    I bet even coolwings was clueless at one point..:D ( Hard to believe though ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Do you think we all knoew everything about them when we started off?
    I bet even coolwings was clueless at one point..:D ( Hard to believe though ;) )[/QUOTE]
    I heard coolwings was "born" in the Graupner facility somewhere in Germany :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

tallus wrote:
    I heard coolwings was "born" in the Graupner facility somewhere in Germany :P

Vorsprung durch technik !!! :D

if you are buying second hand and you can, get the booklets off em. try taking the car apart and rebuilding it. i got my car as a build it yourself kit so that i could learn how it goes together. they are fairly simple once you take your time. boystoyz are selling their display model of the HPI Savage for €600. €170 off?

• Advertisement

boystoyz are selling their display model of the HPI Savage for €600. €170 off?

Halfords have the Revo for €599 NEW :D

Or have a look at my Ebay thread..;)

vectra wrote:
    Yup.
    I priced one there last year before I bought my sons one. They wanted €875 :eek:
    I was told by the owner they sell T-maxxs RTR for E600:confused:
    I have my revo since Christmas and touch wood I havent broken anything on it yet.
    Sunday driver:D

Plug wrote:
    I was told by the owner they sell T-maxxs RTR for E600:confused:

That was last year I spoke to the young guy in the shop and he had to look through the price catalogue. :rolleyes:
    Plug wrote:

Wanna bet? :D

Lost out on the 3.3 engine.

Looking at a few OS18 TM engines now.. :D

vectra wrote:
    That was last year I spoke to the young guy in the shop and he had to look through the price catalogue. :rolleyes:
    That young lad don't know sh!t:rolleyes:

Wanna bet? :D

Lost out on the 3.3 engine.

Looking at a few OS18 TM engines now.. :D
    Gutted:p What about the 18tz:cool:

Plug wrote:
    That young lad don't know sh!t:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know.. :cool:
    Plug wrote:
    Gutted:p What about the 18tz

I have done a bit of reading about them and apparently the TM has much more controllable power. which is what I am after as a result of looking at many video clips of the revo's with tz engines in them and the front wheels constantly pointing towards the sky.:rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, I love the wheelies but not everytime I would hit the throttle if you get my meaning.

I have since been offered a 2.5r engine to which the owner stated that it has had only 2 litres of 16% through it.but needs a new carb. Asking for £20 :eek:

Makes me wonder if he means 2 litres or 2 gallons.:confused:

Another one has had around 20 tanks through it and is running mint... £40

vectra wrote:
    I have done a bit of reading about them and apparently the TM has much more controllable power. which is what I am after as a result of looking at many video clips of the revo's with tz engines in them and the front wheels constantly pointing towards the sky.:rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, I love the wheelies but not everytime I would hit the throttle if you get my meaning.

I have since been offered a 2.5r engine to which the owner stated that it has had only 2 litres of 16% through it.but needs a new carb. Asking for £20 :eek:

Makes me wonder if he means 2 litres or 2 gallons.:confused:

Another one has had around 20 tanks through it and is running mint... £40
    I think your better off getting a brand new engine, I wouldn't take the chance, someone might be fcuking around with you selling you a wrecked engine. I got the revo engine for E90 with 2 spurs, the 3.3 is dearer again but the 18tm is over $220 brand new even tho the 3.3 would destroy it:eek:

Plug wrote:
    I got the revo engine for E90 with 2 spurs,

How did you manage that?
    what shipping method etc.? :confused:

A $20 discount and the air shipping not the UPS. And no tax to pay:)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

vectra wrote:
    Halfords have the Revo for €599 NEW :D

Or have a look at my Ebay thread..;)

The shop in blanchardstown? which revo, the 2.5 or 3.3?

Thanx

• Advertisement

riddik wrote:
    The shop in blanchardstown? which revo, the 2.5 or 3.3?

Thanx

DOH...!!

Sorry, I meant to say the Savage..not the Revo... :o

Sorry... :rolleyes:

Advertisement