Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Got myself a bargain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wonder what's with the service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ninty9er wrote:
    It's 11 yrs old, why do you think you got a great deal at 2700, You could have gotten a 95 Carina or Corolla in good nick for that and a Mondeo, Vectra or astra for less

A civic is far more desirable though

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Also, check the passenger door - it seems out of alignment at the top. Possibly broken into and\or possibly stolen or attempted stolen at some stage... :cool:
    Seems a lot of money for a small old car. High insurance group and a target for thieves. Sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

zapata wrote:
    Also, check the passenger door - it seems out of alignment at the top. Possibly broken into and\or possibly stolen or attempted stolen at some stage... :cool:
    . Sorry. :(

nitpicking?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

the induction kit has only been put on as is the lexus lights they were a present
    from a friend who was at the car show in the rds last weekend.I will get pics of the honda service history and let you all see it.:eek: dont frighten me lads
    about the milage. the timing belt was done only recently have records of that
    as regards the steam cleaning! surely it would show up loads of rust and stuff?
    will get back as soon as I can with the info on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Explains a bit aright being add ons after the buy....

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bettyboop wrote:
    will get back as soon as I can with the info on it.

So does Colm have an eagle eye and did it state "TB 70K"?
    If not, what was it? If you don't know, take a high-res pic and post here. Surely someone will be able to figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

unkel wrote:
    If not, what was it? If you don't know, take a high-res pic and post here. Surely someone will be able to figure it out
    Would it mean it was changed and needs to be done AGAIN @ 70K rather than implying the car was clocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Would it mean it was changed and needs to be done AGAIN @ 70K rather than implying the car was clocked?

Theoretically it would be possible, but I very much doubt that. It would imply that a Civic needs a TB every 35k miles. I don't think so. That is strictly FIAT territory :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Bettyboop wrote:
    Bought a 95 civic 36,000mls full honda service history every 500mls.
    the car is immaculate the engine looks brand new. never seen such a clean
    engine the whole car is spotless (1 lady owner) guaranteed and all for the
    small price of €2,700 even the manuals are new bought from a well known garage:D :D after all the boy racer civics i have seen I feel i done well as a woman in finding the right car.All on my own too:D

Serviced every 500 miles.

Id have to service mine every 2-3 days in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

unkel wrote:
    no colm is wrong it says "TB" 30,000will have pics later.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Surprised someone didnt point out the obvious defect in the car.

Its white.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

I'm a friend of the lady who owns this car the timing belt was done at 30k so your eagle eyes mustn't be that good trip to specsavers maybe???? And the doors ARE aligned properly it was just the rubber that made you think that. You'd have to see this car in person to really see how new it is and as for a mondeo and the likes!!!!! yeah..............right............... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

I'm a friend of the lady who owns this car the timing belt was done at 30k so your eagle eyes mustn't be that good trip to specsavers maybe???? And the doors ARE aligned properly it was just the rubber that made you think that. You'd have to see this car in person to really see how new it is and as for a mondeo and the likes!!!!! yeah..............right............... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

youve got a attitude problem your friend wanted advice and she got it, just because it wasnt 100% positive doesnt justify insulting people, who is she anyways she makes remarks about boy racers and 1st mod she does is a induction kit and ****ty out of date lexus lights??what the **** get a life. ye maybe a mondeo or astra might be better when you go to get the thing fixed hondas aint cheap ta repair, and heres my 2c why didnt you get a v-tec a 1.3dx is a heap of ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

think the lads are trying to say go back to your louis vittone handbags and peugeot 206cc's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

youve got a attitude problem your friend wanted advice and she got it, just because it wasnt 100% positive doesnt justify insulting people, who is she anyways she makes remarks about boy racers and 1st mod she does is a induction kit and ****ty out of date lexus lights??what the **** get a life. ye maybe a mondeo or astra might be better when you go to get the thing fixed hondas aint cheap ta repair, and heres my 2c why didnt you get a v-tec a 1.3dx is a heap of ****

that was a bit much there godfather69er. Why do these discussions always bring the worst out in people ? Sick of seeing this kind of agressive response on boards.

Looks like a genuine car in as much as one can judge on the other end of a computer screen. I had a 1.5Vtec as my first car, and I wish I still had it. Great little motor.

Good luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

No need to get defensive! Its a nice car in good condition, but so it should be for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

On the one hand €2700 is way over the odds regardless of it's condition but on the other hand it's still makes more sense than buying a new small Renault or Peugeot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Bettyboop wrote:
    Bought a 95 civic 36,000mls full honda service history every 500mls.
    the car is immaculate the engine looks brand new. never seen such a clean
    engine the whole car is spotless (1 lady owner) guaranteed and all for the
    small price of €2,700 even the manuals are new bought from a well known garage:D :D after all the boy racer civics i have seen I feel i done well as a woman in finding the right car.All on my own too:D
    OK, average mileage of 62 miles per week for 11 years, just about believable.
    Does the car have its original pedals/gearstick/steering wheel?
    Is there noticable wear on any of these?

As for the perfectly clean engine, body and interior - not neccessarily bad signs, its well worth carefull cleaning to get maximum value.

Brand new manuals as a selling point :rolleyes:

What will tell you most is the guarantee - how long and whats covered?
    all parts & labour?
    all except consumables?
    major parts only?

Way over the odds in general for a '95, but if its as good as you think it is €2,700 wasn't a bad price.

Best of luck with it.

Gurgle wrote:
    OK, average mileage of 62 miles per week for 11 years, just about believable.
    Does the car have its original pedals/gearstick/steering wheel?
    Is there noticable wear on any of these?

As for the perfectly clean engine, body and interior - not neccessarily bad signs, its well worth carefull cleaning to get maximum value.

Brand new manuals as a selling point :rolleyes:

What will tell you most is the guarantee - how long and whats covered?
    all parts & labour?
    all except consumables?
    major parts only?

Way over the odds in general for a '95, but if its as good as you think it is €2,700 wasn't a bad price.

Best of luck with it.

The most important thing on a car of that type is a documented service history. This will confirm the mileage, show how the car has been cared for and indicate when the timing belt has been changed.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    The most important thing on a car of that type is a documented service history. This will confirm the mileage, show how the car has been cared for and indicate when the timing belt has been changed.
    Unless:
    a) its all been made up

or

b) something has gone wrong / happened to the car which makes 11 years of careful use and maintenance irrelevant

A full 12-month parts & labour guarantee from the dealer is worth more imo.

Gurgle wrote:
    Unless:
    a) its all been made up

or

b) something has gone wrong / happened to the car which makes 11 years of careful use and maintenance irrelevant

A full 12-month parts & labour guarantee from the dealer is worth more imo.

Regarding point a., a quick call to the garage will answer that. The only way around your second point is to have the car examined by someone who knows what they're doing.

The problem with a warranty is that, in reality, you are largely left at the mercy of the supplying garage. This is why I would only buy either privately or from a reputable main dealer.

Anan1 wrote:
    The problem with a warranty is that, in reality, you are largely left at the mercy of the supplying garage. This is why I would only buy either privately or from a reputable main dealer.
    A warranty has to be for 12 months, pretty much any problem can be disguised in such a way that the car will go for 6 months before falling apart.

I only ever buy privately now.

The way I look at it is that if the car is €2k less than a dealer would charge for it, that €2k will cover anything that can go wrong.

Advertisement