Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed

Options
  • 19-06-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

I'm a little disappointed over S4 I'm about 8 or 9 eps in and I can't believe
    the war is over just in one ep
    Like the click of the finger its over am I missing something will there be more about it... I thought it'd be dragged out a bit more tbh... on with the rest of S4 and
    earth final conflict
    Different show I get it but you know what I mean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I know exactly what you mean!
    The war ended in all of one episode
    and I was like, wtf?! what just happened?! Then I was convinced it was a dream or a hoax or something until my mate convinced me that it wasn't. Then I was sad :( and my mate gave out to me for not liking season 4 so I was more sad :( But given that there wasn't supposed to be a season 5 and then there was, it kinda makes sense that season 4 is so squished. Am defo a season 2/3 girl myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

But given that there wasn't supposed to be a season 5 and then there was, it kinda makes sense that season 4 is so squished. Am defo a season 2/3 girl myself.
    Thats pretty much what happened, the
    Shadow war
    was meant to go on for the rest of S4, but before they started filming they were told they were only getting 4 seasons instead of 5, then when they were finishing up S4 they were told they were going to get to do S5 afterall, which is why
    S4e22 is so rushed looking, the last episode of S5 was origionally made to end S4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah i remember when that happened on tv, god i was soo mad. but the rest of the season is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'm enjoying season 4 on ep12 i keep fallin asleep 'cause I'm tired not 'cause it boring so I keep having to re watch part of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the biggest downfall of the entire arc is what happened while season 4 was being penned and filmed. i think the way the execs handled it was the beginning of the end for bab5. if they had gotten to do it the way they wanted the shadow war would have lasted the whole series and (trish dont read this)
    the civil war would have been most of season 5

• Advertisement

yeah i think most people wish that it had happened that way but if it hadnt we probably wouldnt have got ont of the best seasons in any tv show

But I think its the best series because of the
    excellent fast pace, dont stop approach to the civil war, I would still have loved to see more of the Shadow War

Haven't got past disk two yet. Can't believe the civil war has been so easily won so far. The takin back of Proxima 3 was childs play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

dont worry trish some of the best episodes of the entire arc are yet to come.

Yeah, even though s4 was definitely not my favourite season of the lot, the second half of it does indeed rock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i always liked season 3-4 but felt s5 was very weak

I really don't like Mr. garabaldi at all even though he was programmed-ish I still don't like him

trishw78 wrote:
    I really don't like Mr. garabaldi at all even though he was programmed-ish I still don't like him

Actually the same thing happened to me. I loved in season 1,2,3 and from season 4 on I just found him painful! Dunno why :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was a little disappointing p'raps to end with
    "Now get the hell out of my galaxy!" and have them... get out
    but we all know why it happened so. Originally S4 would've ended with
    Sheridan's capture after Garibaldi's traitor-moment
    which would have been interesting.

I did enjoy S5, but it didn't hold up as well with the whole
    whining Byron
    storyline generally not making me feel the way it was probably intended to.

Oh well!

ixoy wrote:
    I did enjoy S5, but it didn't hold up as well with the whole
    whining Byron
    storyline generally not making me feel the way it was probably intended to.

Oh well!
    Thats pretty much the only flaw with S5 aswell imo, the whole
    centauri
    thing was done excellently imo.

I'm soo lovin s5 sad to know this is the end only the movies to go

trishw78 wrote:

Ahhhhhhh....but the loverly JMS has other B5 projects in the pipeline :D Happy days

trishw78 wrote:
    *waves hand*

there is no legend of the rangers...

madrab wrote:
    *waves hand*

there is no legend of the rangers...
    QFT :(

Qft?

• Advertisement

It means quoted for truth i think (or possibly quit f&cking trolling according to wikipedia im hoping for the former)

i.e. legend of the rangers kills kittens

madrab wrote:
    quoted for truth

Ahhhh....

I haven't seen LOTR yet but if it kills kitties I'm not too sure that I want to...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Ahhhh....

I haven't seen LOTR yet but if it kills kitties I'm not too sure that I want to...:(
    You've not seen Lord of the Rings?!?
    lol, sorry, couldn't resist...

But what's wrong with the Legend of the Rangers, bit dull and all I know but still?

farohar wrote:
    You've not seen Lord of the Rings?!?
    lol, sorry, couldn't resist...

Har har. My sides, they are a-splitting :rolleyes:

2 words, weapon system *shudder*

not to mention the flagrant disregard for the history that had been laid out in b5 & crusade & the horrible ships - had the designer never scene any of the previous minbari ships? & various other complaints

EDIT
    ie.
    ship01.jpg
    Vs
    minbari_warcruiser_5view.jpg

madrab wrote:
    2 words, weapon system *shudder*

not to mention the flagrant disregard for the history that had been laid out in b5 & crusade & the horrible ships - had the designer never scene any of the previous minbari ships? & various other complaints
    The weapon system was a big killer for me, omg it was disgusting, I nearly cried first time they used it, so, so bad.

Not too bothered about the ship designs, I cant remember off the top of my head (and Im not watching it again to check) but arent them ships a mix of human and minbari tech? if so they kind of fit for a mix of the 2 designs a bit. (even if its more ROmulan than either :rolleyes:)

yeah, it was meant to be a mix of human & minbari tech but so was the excaliber & there is no comparison between them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Heh i remember watching lotr for the first time and laughing my ass off at the weapon system then turning it over the second someone walked into the room as it was just to embarrassing to watch.The best film remains in the begining by far.

Btw isn’t that fugly earth/minbari ship supposed to be one of the first co op projects? Would explain why it’s so crap looking

(the enterprise would pwn any crappy b5 ship btw) ;)

bizmark wrote:

(the enterprise would pwn any crappy b5 ship btw) ;)
    i believe we had this discussion before :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 seren

I am a huge fan of B5. Have been addicted since my husband forced me to watch the series a few years ago (for my own good of course :) ) I have been participating in the Babylon 5 role playing game for the past two years months and have found it a wonderful way of immersing myself in JMS' universe. Has anyone else had a go at it yet?

Advertisement