Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Resit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭shellie11

Vegeta wrote:
    when doing those things take your time, you will make even more mistakes if you rush it.

yeh i know ill probly get myself into a panic, and try get it over as quickly as possible but fingers crossed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You'll be grand.. I'm actually well used to reversing at this stage as our car park in work is pretty narrow (and my car is actually fairly long for a coupe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    You'll be grand.. I'm actually well used to reversing at this stage as our car park in work is pretty narrow (and my car is actually fairly long for a coupe)

Oh a classic:D You do keep me amused kaiser during a long day in the office. You have to be the worst person I have seen reverse in my life. Have already warned you before about this and not checking your blind spots etc.

Faily long? its tiny. Also your carpark is massive. Want to see the cubbie hole they call a car park in here and then try to park a passat in it!

Big Nelly wrote:
    Oh a classic:D You do keep me amused kaiser during a long day in the office. You have to be the worst person I have seen reverse in my life. Have already warned you before about this and not checking your blind spots etc.
    Says the "driving legend" that is Big Nelly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I reapplied over 13 months ago now.. Was expecting it to tur up the day I left for NZ, but looks like I will be back in Ireand before I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭shellie11

Kaiser2000 wrote:

yeh i really dont mind reversing as i reverse into my space in work every day too,but im just worried about them marking you on how far away fron the kerb you have to be,but yet not too close to the kerb either,im goina practise for an hr before i go into the test centre,and im also goina eat the rules of thr road book to make sure i do well on the questions,its actually the questions im more nervous about cos ill have to speak to the Mr Tester.And because its not til 5.50 im sure he'l be pretty peed off at the hr of the evening and wont be in any form for me stuttering and stumbling thru the questions and road signs,cos i dont know the exact names of all the road signs but im sure if i tell him in my own words what they mean he shouldnt be too hard on me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Says the "driving legend" that is Big Nelly :rolleyes:

Will I start with going thru the car history?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

shellie11 wrote:
    yeh i really dont mind reversing as i reverse into my space in work every day too,but im just worried about them marking you on how far away fron the kerb you have to be,but yet not too close to the kerb either,im goina practise for an hr before i go into the test centre,and im also goina eat the rules of thr road book to make sure i do well on the questions,its actually the questions im more nervous about cos ill have to speak to the Mr Tester.And because its not til 5.50 im sure he'l be pretty peed off at the hr of the evening and wont be in any form for me stuttering and stumbling thru the questions and road signs,cos i dont know the exact names of all the road signs but im sure if i tell him in my own words what they mean he shouldnt be too hard on me!!

you have looked under the bonnet yeah and know where all the fluids go yeah, i.e. water, oil, break and clutch fluid, window washer stuff etc

shellie11 wrote:
    Where are you doing it? I'm doing mine in Finglas...

Guy I got last time was alright.. not much on conversation, but I expected that.
    As for reversing, you're allowed be as far as 18 inches out I believe which is miles :D... Just take it slow and look all around you and you'll be ok. It's not a race remember.

Advertisement