Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it normal for a brand new diesel.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

el tel wrote:

I'll get me coat...

Exactly :rolleyes:

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

junkyard wrote:
    VW dealers will tell you any problem is normal with VWs anyway, like the Golfs that drink 2 ltrs of oil between services or the Passats that windows open and close on their own or the Polos that gearboxes disintegrate at 100k miles. Thats because anyone who know about VWs know that they are rubbish.:rolleyes:

Had that problem with the windows on old passat but it only happened when you where locking the door, didnt have the push button so you used the key, when locking if you held in the lock position for a long time both windows would pop open! only ever happened 2-3 times in a year

IN regards to the Black smoke, if you floor the passat you will get it, same in mine, my old one and my brother GF one, if you are not flooring it and you get black smoke there is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Big Nelly wrote:
    IN regards to the Black smoke, if you floor the passat you will get it, same in mine, my old one and my brother GF one, if you are not flooring it and you get black smoke there is a problem.

Same here, in mine if you put the boot down and jump to high revs then there's gonna be a big cloud of soot out the back. When the engine is warmer the cloud is more light grey than dark but its big, and it's there.

(Pulling away from the the toll booth it's always nice to look back and see the car behind emerge from a big smoke screen with the driver choking at the wheel:D )

Advertisement