Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Lost Vs Prison Break!! (** Potential Spoilers **)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Up to episode 15 on PB and i must admit I am loving every bit of it, However I cant really see where they can go with a second season of it. With lost however, even though season2 has not been as good as one, I am dying to know what is going to happen with Season 3

So for me its lost also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I have to say Lost has more quality as a TV show... it's far more original, and has far more depth... The writers know how to drag it out... Even though a lot of people are complaning, they're still watching it...

That said though, Prison Break is damned entertaining even though a lot of the time it's really formulaic and conventional...

Every episode, a challenge appears, but Scofield always figures it out, or it always works itself out, and then another problem appears at the end, creating a cliffhanger...

There's little predictable things also, eg (and this always happens), the finale, when they are hiding in the bushes outside the prison, and the dogs start barking at them. The guards walk towards them, it's all really tense, but then they just disapear... sometimes it's all just ridiculously conveniant, but still damned good television :D

Still two different shows though, but I guess it's really down to which you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I am an IRL viewer, so have not really read this thread of of fear of spoilers.
    I am certainly a LOST fan, and must say that I am enjoying Prison Break so far.

However, I have heard people saying PB is far better cause it moves along better than LOST, which can be slow at times. I kind of take issue with this especially considering that the only thing that happened on episode two of PB was, He managed to unscrew a bolt on the back of his cell toilet. Thats it! In the greater scheme of things, that is all that really happened....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Ah come on! He got threatened with his life, twice, once by a mobster who sliced off his friggin toe for the laugh and another by a phsyco gay man! We saw the video of Linc killing the guy! A mysterious female 'boss' has been introduced. A crack head woman is coming forward with info! A riot occured. He got his drugs. He passed the drugs test at the last second. A man got killed. And yes he got the screw to which he will make his escape....what more do you want? An explosion and a helicopter crash and some ballet thrown in for the mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Maybe they need to introduce a polar bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stark wrote:
    Maybe they need to introduce a polar bear.
    Quit spoiling plotlines for next season, Stark! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Lost is really drawn out ,too many peripheral uninteresting characters.
    Too many white elephants ,too many unanswered events.
    I like Prison Break but to be honest neither of these shows can hold a candle to Battlestar Galactica which is without doubt the best TV series I have ever watched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Battlestar Galactica which is without doubt the best TV series I have ever watched.

super

somehow, season 1 and the mini series magically appeared on my pc this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Lost is really drawn out ,too many peripheral uninteresting characters.
    Too many white elephants ,too many unanswered events.
    I like Prison Break but to be honest neither of these shows can hold a candle to Battlestar Galactica which is without doubt the best TV series I have ever watched.

Word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

BSG is class! I was disappointed with the season 2 finale though. It ended really slowly....

but anyway prison break! woooh! Sucrae's missus! ye-haaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Ditto for BSG... :)

Outstanding show... rarely fails to impress.

Advertisement