Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Lost Vs Prison Break!! (** Potential Spoilers **)

Options
  • 12-06-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it was an inevitable initial poll... and you're all just jealous ye didn't think of it first! :D

So which is it.... 'Lost' or 'Prison Break'?

Which is it? 34 votes

Lost
    0% 0 votes
    Prison Break
    100% 34 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I voted for Prison Break after watching the last 10 episodes in one marathon session today:D :D
    When you think about ALL that has happened in 22 episodes and compare it to 2 seasons of LOST-Nothing happened in LOST.That's not to say that I'll stop watching it though.
    Never have I come across a show which made me go,and I quote,
    Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.
    after every episode.

This is the best show on tv imo and I cant wait for season 2.

This is the first of what I hope will be many posts in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Very different shows, Prison Break always had me on the edge of my seat, but I don't think I've given it a second thought since the series ended.

Lost on the other hand... I think I'd have to give Lost my vote but their both enjoyable in very different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Gah,didn't expect you to put up such a poll basquille...

2 different shows,Prison Break is fast and exciting,much like 24...but as with shows like that,it gets a bit ridiculous at times.

As for Lost (and don't say ridiculous for this one,because it is sci-fi),I think it is better written and acted,and the mysteries just draw you in all the time,even if they answer sh!t all most of the time.

So I pick Lost,put Prison Break is a great show that everyone should watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Season 2 soured Lost for me. But it looks like Season 2 of Prison Break will also be a sour affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Stark wrote:
    But it looks like Season 2 of Prison Break will also be a sour affair.
    Don't say that!:eek:

What do you have to go by anyway?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

prison break is just as pretty as advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote:
    Gah,didn't expect you to put up such a poll basquille...

2 different shows,Prison Break is fast and exciting,much like 24...but as with shows like that,it gets a bit ridiculous at times.
    Yeah.. i know they're very different shows and i'm not asking people to compare them - just basing the poll on people's simple value of entertainment..

.. which do people find more entertaining of the two?

I couldn't possibly pick as i <3 (<-- how gay is that) both! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

At the risk of spoilers of either show, I skipped right through every reply! I've been thinking about this myself since I started watching Prison Break. One definate advantage is the way it addresses a previous cliff-hanger straight away in the next episode. While Season 2 of Lost has had its ups and downs and in some episodes it seemed like nothing was happening, Prison Break always seems to be moving at the same fast pace. I think people with less patience will tend to prefer it.
    I can't seperate them to be honest, and won't until I've seen up to at least the end of season 2 of Lost and season 1 of Prison Break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I think Lost is a more intelligent and "different" show, but Prison Break is more entertaining in a traditional way.

If I never saw season 2 of Prison Break I wouldn't be too bothered, but I do defo want to know what happens at the end of Lost!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

"We keep running"

oh hell yea!

DOLEMAN wrote:
    I think Lost is a more intelligent and "different" show, but Prison Break is more entertaining in a traditional way.

ouff i don't know about that, PB has a more defined structure, Lost is too chaotic for me to understant it purposely. I can live without Lost but PB is the best thing to happen to tv in ages. I Love It.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Erm. What about an "I never watched Lost" option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Lost just pipped it for me. The layered storylines give it the edge IMO, but Prison Break is undoubted quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

hurray! a prison break forum!

i have to admit i LOVE prison break. if i ever see anyone who looks remotely like michael god help them! i didnt think i wud like it cause of the violent brawls etc but its so addictive.

on the other hand the last episode of lost blew me away. such a good series finale!

Font22 wrote:
    such a good series finale!

the general concenus is that the finale was the worst ep of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

well obviously i'm not part of the general consensus then! am i??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

lost is more 'original'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ooooooooh... 50 / 50! :eek:

Think this thread is gonna be bumped numerous times when more Irish viewers start watching to make up their own minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

These are two completely different shows. I believe a poll between Prison Break and 24 would be better as they are both high octane thriller shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Someday I'll get around to watching the end of season1 of Lost, its just so damn boring.

Prison Break , is similar in the way its setup with the cliffhangers and repeated structure
    the way new obstacles appear

Prison Break for me, but I pity anyone who has to wait a whole week to see the next ep.

Has anyone watched the Behind the Walls special of PB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

lost is more 'original'

Lost is more 'shit' in my opinion.Example of Lost dialogue:

'Oooh let's press those buttons again to really piss off our audience,oh wait we don't have any because we drag our escapades out for too long which bores everyone!'

Episode Titles:
    2x03:Hurley Takes A Dump
    2x04:BLANK
    2x05:Hurley Wipes His Ass,Forgets To Wash Hands

Prison Break is great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Prison Break FTW

Lost is boring

Is there an option for neither :)

Prison Break is entertaining enough but it's nowhere near the best thing out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I can't really vote as I've only seen the pilot of prison break. But Prison Break'll have tomake one hell of an effort to beat lost. Lost's magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

OH God!'Lost' and 'magic' in the same sentence.I've lost all faith in mankind

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

I've only seen the first Prison Break, and I wasn't that impressed. Even in the first episode of Lost however, the characters were more likeable than the characters in PB.

Lost for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Sweet wrote:
    OH God!'Lost' and 'magic' in the same sentence.I've lost all faith in mankind
    You haven't met many lost fans then, have you? They're not that hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

This poll is crazy. Two very different shows. Lost and 24 are slightly more in the same vein. This is coming from a fan of both Lost and 24 and I've only seen the pilot of P.B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Prison break owned lost, lost took waaay too long for anything to happen, cliff hangers after every un-eventful episode, and most flashbacks sucked ass.

I started watching prison break on tuesday, finished watching it today, and I deffinately enjoyed it far more than lost. More happened in each episode, and they were all perfectly tied in together unlike lost-with its random spikes in episode content.

Prison Break ftw!!1 :D

(I still cant wait for lost though,
    that giant foot is genius
    )

Advertisement