Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X17 - "Lockdown" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

That was a great episode. The thing i found most interesting was the uv writing on the wall. That cleaned up version of it is very interesting indeed. Whoever wrote it obviously had a keen knowledge of what was going on and of the other stations bar two of them. All the stations marked seemed to be linked to something in the centre (the big question mark), perhaps this has something to do with the "incident". On the map it shows that each path to the centre is blocked, is this where the poured concrete is in the swan hatch? Also, if all the paths to the centre are blocked where else would the others be?

As for the rest of the episode, i thought the poker game was a nice touch. After the game i actually don't really mind jack, he was played by sawyer before and now he's getting one back at him. Just shows he's not slow all the time.

When the lockdown happened, the supplies more or less coincided with this. But why would it lock him off from the computer, if something really bad is going to happen if they don't get to the computer why would it not allow them to enter the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

One niggling thought, though. when the lockdown first happens, why didn't locke go through the vents like Henry eventually does, instead of trying to pry open the blast door. Is he stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

One thing I forgot to post; was the woman who owned the house Locke was checking out Nadia(ie: Sayid's lady friend from his early flashbacks)? It's a while since I watched series one, so I could be way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, that was Nadia alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, this was a fantastic episode. It's full of suspense and mystery.

What did the map on the blast door mean? Obviously, there are now more stations, but what did the "?" mean in the middle. And I'd love to know why the blast doors went down in the first place. Seemed pretty random as Locke described.

The "henry Gale" character is proving to be one of the bets in the program. Who is he really? It's bugging me now!

I gave this ep a 9, but only because I brought a new mobile yesterday and I was playing around it at times during Lost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Remember Desmond said something about a replacement coming? (Perhaps Henry?)
    I'd say the food was for the new replacement.
    As for the map on the wall, if only we could give Locke that link.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

the simplest explanation: nothing was random
    1. blast doors come down when something invades the islands airspace - i.e. a plane/parachute with food. "blast" doors are obviously to protect against a bomb blast (otherwise just the outer doors wouldve locked)
    2. the countdown on the speaker system gave them time to type in the code, but was a bit busted so they didnt get to it in time
    3. Fake henry and the others captured and killed real henry after getting his life story - fake henry fed this to the losties. he is an other. no further explanation needed.
    4. The UV map - drawn by a previous number-enterer (or more than one). Either kelvin or desmond or both. Drawn when blast doors were down (no sh1t). They came down on several occasions (plane crashes/balloon crashes/food drops). It was possibly done in a hurry and is slightly coded (in latin/maths) to prevent just anyone from reading it.
    5. Henry did something with the lights to search for something (possibly the map). He found it/didnt find it and flicked the proper lights back on. The switch for this may also cause the blast doors to go back up.

His reasons for not running away were to infiltrate the group. Find out how much they know about dharma etc. He had to try gain their trust. If Sayid hadnt dug up the grave he wouldve totally won them over (it worked on me!) He took a gamble on this and lost.

Looking forward to next week's episode though - henry knows he's done for. no way of explaining his way out of it now. Hopefully the losties will start telling each other all the crazy stuff they've seen on the island (hatches, drops, medications, maps, beards etc) - time to get that army together perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Silage wrote:
    When the lockdown happened, the supplies more or less coincided with this. But why would it lock him off from the computer, if something really bad is going to happen if they don't get to the computer why would it not allow them to enter the code.
    Well, if everything was working as intended, one member of the two person team would have been on number punching duty, would have heard the lockdown warning, punched in the numbers (remember, John looked over at the computer just before lockdown and saw the prompt flashing, which doesn't happen unless the computer requires an input) and retired to the living quarters until lockdown was over. I'm thinking the countdown to lockdown was preceeded by these instructions; we did hear a few garbled words through the static.
    christo82 wrote:
    One niggling thought, though. when the lockdown first happens, why didn't locke go through the vents like Henry eventually does, instead of trying to pry open the blast door. Is he stupid?
    Creative license, christo ;) If he'd done that, he wouldn't have seen the map. Also, being a larger man than "Henry", he may not have fit through the vent and didn't want to send "Henry" until he'd exhausted all other options as he didn't trust "Henry" not to leg it.
    Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    blast doors come down when something invades the islands airspace - i.e. a plane/parachute with food. "blast" doors are obviously to protect against a bomb blast (otherwise just the outer doors wouldve locked)
    If that were the case, it would have happened to Desmond when flight 815 crashed and when the real Henry arrived (assuming we can trust fake Henry's time frame of events) and he would have told the survivors - he did seem to tell them everything he knew before disappearing. More likely, I think it would be activated manually from the aircraft doing the drop.
    Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    The UV map - drawn by a previous number-enterer (or more than one). Either kelvin or desmond or both. Drawn when blast doors were down (no sh1t). They came down on several occasions (plane crashes/balloon crashes/food drops). It was possibly done in a hurry and is slightly coded (in latin/maths) to prevent just anyone from reading it.
    Someone must've sat through a hell of a lot of lockdowns to have had time to write all that, the lockdown we saw didn't last anywhere near long enough for anyone to write that in one sitting.

Thought: Pretty sure I've spotted the "I am here" phrase on the mural, could that maybe be an attempt by someone who sat through the lockdown after the person who wrote it all had left the station to recreate it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

christo82 wrote:
    It is a TV show... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

christo82 wrote:

most likely.. he didn't want henry to escape.. as he only revealed when he himself was trapped and needed help..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

And I think that the drop off thing happened due to Henry possibly never pushing the button. Maybe when you don't push the button, the magnets in the hatch activate and draw anything around the island into the island.
    I think that's the most likely case, or something along the lines of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

loon wrote:
    most likely.. he didn't want henry to escape.. as he only revealed when he himself was trapped and needed help..

But the vent that Henry eventually goes through is in the pantry, not the armoury where they were holding Henry, so Locke could have easily gone into the vent without having to release Henry in the first place, or have him be any the wiser about where an escape route was.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

christo82 wrote:
    But the vent that Henry eventually goes through is in the pantry, not the armoury where they were holding Henry, so Locke could have easily gone into the vent without having to release Henry in the first place, or have him be any the wiser about where an escape route was.

hmmmmmm i see. Id say he just thought he might'nt fit through the vent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

Lost is really kicking into gear with Lockdown. i can tell things are really building to a great finale in approx. 7 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Intriguing stuff, i knew that Henry would help Locke as they seem to be forging some sort of alliance. Wasnt as mysterious as i had hoped hence the 7 rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

AOR wrote:
    hmmmmmm i see. Id say he just thought he might'nt fit through the vent.

Think about it,

He was confused by the garbled words on the intercom thing, Henry was shouting at him, and then big steel doors start to close him in.

Would your first though be: "I'll let them close and take a chance that I'll find a vent, that I'll fit through, that MAY lead me to safety", or would it be "I'll jamb something under that door".

I know what I'd do. The big mistake Locke made was using a hollow toolbox to keep it open, rather than something more solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

God damn that Henry!! After last nights episode I was fuming!!!Oh and for anyone that doesn't know fuming means really really mad:):)

Advertisement