Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needs advice ASAP - Rape

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lemme see... a 3 hour black-out, she's walking along a street, and claims rape... Yep. She remembers the entire 3 hours.

Goto the cops, tell them everthing (including the weed), or wait till she goes to the cops. And says you drugged her. And raped her.

You forget to mention the drugs, and she doesn't, they'll test you, and since you lied once, why should they believe the rest of your story?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

there is one other scenario that hasnt been considered,
    what if the french guy has already fed her somthing ... is in the process of working her back to his place when you show up and throw a spanner in the works by inviting them in ...

things are getting messy so he splits ... who knows though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

worst nightmare :(

Man, I'm with the folks who say go get some legal advise asap. A solicitar can advise on what to do next.

Don't end up being surprised by what she does next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Victor wrote:
    This is not legal advice

Consider writing everything down and posting it to yourself in a sealed envelope by registered post.

And/or go to a solicitor.

Isnt it all on here?

• Advertisement

Hi the original poster here.

No, I've decided to just let it pass. I don't think I want the hassle of going to the police. What if she decides to go with it and I have to go to court etc.? That would destroy me. People always think "no smoke without fire" and my life would become terrible.

I don't believe she had a blackout. She was not particularly drunk or stoned. Thinking about it I think the problem was that I was walking her home. Perhaps she lives with her boyfriend and was wondering what she can do to stop me from walking to her home? And she can use the rape excuse as an alibi if he asks her where she was. So I'm thinking if I just forget about it she will.

She'll do this again though. I'd like to be able to stop her (going to the police etc.) but I just don't want the hassle at this point in my life!!

Thanks everyone.

If you went to the cops first, told them everything so that if this girl comes in and claims rape, you'll have taken the first move.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Catch_22 wrote:
    there is one other scenario that hasnt been considered,
    what if the french guy has already fed her somthing ... is in the process of working her back to his place when you show up and throw a spanner in the works by inviting them in ...

things are getting messy so he splits ... who knows though

That's a point, and if she'd already had an experience of rape then she might be a bit "jumpy" and assume if she blacked out that it was the same thing all over agin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

There is another thing worth considering. Did you use protection?
    You had taken drugs which may have impaired your judgement.
    If you did fine, but if you didnt there may be some risk of STI.

You met this girl that night etc. you really dont know what she is capable of.
    You may want to get yourself checked out

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Personally think that you are mad not to go to the Police, what if you get a cop knocking on your door right now, what would you do? I agree with marksuttonie did you use protection? She could have even gone to the hospital claiming rape. Best to cover your ass. But I think if you haven't gone to the cops at this stage you aren't going to, I wouldn't like to have the thought of a rape accusation hanging over my head, but's that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

if money isn't an issue, i would seriously go to a lawyer.

there's a high chance nothing will happen, but if it does, as you say yourself, it will destroy you (just by association with that type of crime).

let's say there is only a five percent chance that something happens. what is that 5 percent risk to your reputation worth? a lawyer will reduce the possible negative consequences i.e. in having the potential to have any attempted case thrown out before the DPS decide to prosecute.

remember that the 'crime' could already be reported. maybe even DNA evidence taken. what happens if in twenty years time, for some reason, your DNA ends up on the garda database and then they backtrack and match you to this reported rape?

Really don't want to alarm you, but it is better that you think about worst case scenarios now, rather than let matters overtake you.

Of course, you alone know what you need to do. The responses in this thread are just our attempt to help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement