Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fiona23

ok word from student services is that ITD are running scripts so some people can access some people cant, and all letters are sent out by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

Did they say when the rest of us will get our results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Can barely get the log-in page to load now. Yet another fine results cock-up from UL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fiona23

she said probably Monday she said this is because of ITD not Student Services. This is insane, I'm sick of the way UL always mess results time up. No other college does this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sonofabitch! Why didn't I check em last night? I hate ITD :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

The student CV isn't working anymore. "The Education section of the Student CV is not available at the moment due to grading." Feck sake, its Friday and there's nothing up. Same old UL huh. All I can say is they better be ready on Monday or there'll be hell to pay

Looks like I'm in for the most painfully long weekend of my life. Those of you whose results went up on Wednesday should consider yourselves very lucky indeed!

I swear if I don't get them on Monday I'll personally smack each and every one of them. I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

i can get my results the normal way now,under the view my results so far part..but i can't get my brothers..there's no my course information part on the page for him is anyone else having the same problem???he's in 4th year so he really wants his results

I have no view my results so far bit. All I have is "There is a problem displaying the full transcript at the moment"

I'm also in 4th year and am ready to explode...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Got mine the normal way now :D ...couldn't even log in yesterday/this morning ;) though ...so perseverence will get you there in the end...good luck with them all !!

• Advertisement

DV I've been waitin all night for mine too. 4th year as well. But I've been keeping my cool.....somewhat....clicking...loading....waiting......patiently.........I HATE ITD SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!....................in other news this episode of lost is good...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Bah, the results are up the 4 days I dont have access to a PC.

The software as usual seems to have collapsed in on itself.

Inept muppets, its probably something as stupid as changing the default connection limit on the server software.

Still as far as I know I didnt get a letter so fingers crossed

EDIT: Got em, 3 B1's a C1 and a D1 (Paddy!!!!)

What does the C or the O under status mean? I've got 3 C under the B's and a O beside the C and the D?

Arg.....the site is up again, but my results aren't on it!

Zapho wrote:
    Arg.....the site is up again, but my results aren't on it!
    Ditto. I'm actually starting to go slightly insane. This thing with some people's results being up and others (i.e. me) not is ever so slightly rage-inducing.

And is it me or are most of the people who can't get their results in 4th year? Any 4th years out there get their results?

No idea what C or O for status means (well done anyway).

And now to plot the best way to annihilate ITD...

I might have sort of figured out the problem. People who have their results are able to click on "View your results so far" but 4th years are finished so we don't get results "so far" we get them all. And when we log on to si we see "There is a problem displaying the full transcript at the moment."

So they use a different system to show 4th year results than everyone else's and there's some sort of problem with that system (probably a misplaced semi colon in the code or something similarly stupid). And of course because ITD are so incredibly thick they didn't bother testing it in the last 5 weeks since the exams finished and probably don't know how to fix it now anyway.

I guess it's a sort of goodbye slap in the face for us long suffering 4th years.

That's my theory anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Hip Hip!!!

(How do you spell sarcasm?!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

i know of a few 4th years who got their results through the cv/education thing the other day when people were gettin them that way...So it aint all fourth years its only some...even if u look under the adviser information there's nothin there its like they've just forgotten about some 4th years altogether!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

still no results...I hope that they will be up in the morning.

Cork Boy wrote:
    Hip Hip!!!

(How do you spell sarcasm?!)

:D

Yeah DV I think you could be right. The only 4th years I know who got their results either new a person in ITD or got them through the CV (but ITD thought 'We can't possibly continue allowing people to do this illegal act!" and stopped it)
    Anyway I tried this morning and guess what?!........they weren't there.
    I'm actually going in to student services now to get the transcript. Oh and just to warn anyone doing the same....they don't open until 10.30 on a monday but they don't advertise that. Geez Im really bitter for this hour of the morning......

Ok looks like the 4 year results are up now!

• Advertisement

...good.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ublinina2

What QCA do you need for a first , 2.1 , 2.2 etc ? Are third class awarded ?

Has the qca requirements for the above changed from last year?

BTW - Has anybody ever seen a marking scheme for any of these exams in any department or do you know if any department has a policy of keeping one?

3.4 = First
    3.0 = 2.1
    2.6 = 2.2
    2.0 = Third class honours (used to be called pass)

The QCA for a 2.2 changed last year. It used to be 2.7.

Advertisement