Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly people are genetically inferior?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Terry wrote: »
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, and that lame episode of Enterprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

I don't know if i'm ugly or not. I've never been told I was ugly but I don't find myslef attractive....
    I'm pretty intelligent tho. Usually intelligent people aren't good looking(stereotypically) but if ugly people are genetically inferior then that doesn't really make sense does it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭winter soldier

sorry about replying to a 3 year old thread. they call that trolling dont they? well i like to go through the different topics and posts when i am online. and yes khan hmmm what a villain. i wonder will he be in the sequel of the new star trek movie? (and now i am going off topic) surely to god terry i deserved to be banned!!:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

slipss wrote: »
    after all ugly people do tend to spend more time studying and reading than good looking people so wouldn't that explain why the top scoring people in school and college always seemed to be the ugliest.

lol at this, one of the girls in my undergrad class got a first class in her degree and she was a stunner with huge bewbs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've been told once or twice I was fit (which I assume were dares :P)

I presume this because I've been told dozens of times I'm ugly... it's a lovely thing to hear.

My mom and dad are hardly hideous though.. God knows where they got me from

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

brummytom wrote: »
    I've been told once or twice I was fit (which I assume were dares :P)

I presume this because I've been told dozens of times I'm ugly... it's a lovely thing to hear.

My mom and dad are hardly hideous though.. God knows where they got me from

Ah yeah, first time a girl calls you hawt is quite a confidence boost. You're like the fonze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    lol at this, one of the girls in my undergrad class got a first class in her degree and she was a stunner with huge bewbs

Not some degree on optics or anything was it?

Ah yeah, first time a girl calls you hawt is quite a confidence boost. You're like the fonze :D

even coming from the mouth of one of these??

http://lovelifelikeyourself.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fat-women-bbw-singles.jpg

rossie1977 wrote: »

Thats like two women telling you that you are hot.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Not some degree on optics or anything was it?

nah it was business IT

• Advertisement

Oily hair, some leather fetish and an obsession with spanking Jukeboxes? Thanks

Yeah it was a confidence boost, she said (God bless MsgPlus Chatlog):
    "(20:57) ' charlott:NEW HAIRRRRRRRR! love the pic ulook fit! :eek: "

but then followed it with: "cant believe i sed that"

which was depressing :P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

sorry about replying to a 3 year old thread. they call that trolling dont they? well i like to go through the different topics and posts when i am online. and yes khan hmmm what a villain. i wonder will he be in the sequel of the new star trek movie? (and now i am going off topic) surely to god terry i deserved to be banned!!:p:D
    I'll ban you if you want me to.
    To be honest though, I'm not really bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Terry wrote: »
    I'll ban you if you want me to.
    To be honest though, I'm not really bothered.

Wuss!!

You forgot "Snape Kills Dumbledore" in the title there BlackWizard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ugly people are genetically inferior?

Nope. Utter rubbish.

I know many brainy people and some stupid people. From both categories I found an equal amount of cleverness or lack of it, in both sections.

For example - four quick names:

Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper in "The Wonder Years)
    Pic: http://danica-mckellar.celebscentral.net/photo/140501/
    Brains to burn. Writer, actress, model and in her free time writes scientific papers about complex maths theorems.

Emma Watson. At her last exams she got the equivalent of 7 A's.
    Brains to burn too.

...compared to Maria Carey and Paris Hilton. Both might be good to look at (for some, not me) but both as thick as two planks.

I could name ugly people too that are brainy and that are also as thick as an RTE tv producer at a Galway race...

Looks and brains are not related I feel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oily hair, some leather fetish and an obsession with spanking Jukeboxes? Thanks

Yeah it was a confidence boost, she said (God bless MsgPlus Chatlog):
    "(20:57) ' charlott:NEW HAIRRRRRRRR! love the pic ulook fit! :eek: "

but then followed it with: "cant believe i sed that"

which was depressing :P :(

Just ask her out already youngin'.
    Chatted to a hottie for years, that I liked, on the phone, texts, msn etc
    not realising she liked me, don't be as dozy as me. :p

even coming from the mouth of one of these??

http://lovelifelikeyourself.files.wo...bw-singles.jpg
    I don't think an unattractive person(lookswise) to me, means that they will only be attracted to unattractive people.

Just ask her out already youngin'.
    Chatted to a hottie for years, that I liked, on the phone, texts, msn etc
    not realising she liked me, don't be as dozy as me. :p

She's got a boyfriend she's had for a year... and I find her a bit of a cúnt now tbh :D
    Girls don't like me in that way... I'm the funny one or the agony aunt type ... just kill me now :(

And since when have you been a fella??!

She's got a boyfriend she's had for a year... and I find her a bit of a cúnt now tbh :D
    Girls don't like me in that way... I'm the funny one or the agony aunt type ... just kill me now :(

And since when have you been a fella??!
    If you are funny/listener type, don't worry, humour etc will get you the girls.
    make em laugh.

I'm not a fellow, I'm a lesbian. A hot hot lesbian.

If you are funny/listener type, don't worry, humour etc will get you the girls.
    make em laugh.
    Funny/Listener = Gheyyy
    Most girls think I'm gay when they first meet me... that can't be good can it? :P
    I'm not a fellow, I'm a lesbian. A hot hot lesbian.
    PICS or GTFO

(I don't think I've said that before.. go me)

Funny/Listener = Gheyyy
    Most girls think I'm gay when they first meet me... that can't be good can it? :P
    Well is your index finger longer than your ring finger? Cos that makes you gay.
    Plus if they think you are ghey they will show you their bewbs, 'sure he is gay, what does it matter' :S
    PICS or GTFO

(I don't think I've said that before.. go me)
    Just google hot lesbian, that's me. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah I know it's a three year old thread and the OP is probably long gone by now but still, I'd just like to say that I hope you and your friends are never in a position of power. Just stick to living off Daddy's credit card, you'd be doing yourself and the rest of us a favour.

Well is your index finger longer than your ring finger? Cos that makes you gay.
    Plus if they think you are ghey they will show you their bewbs, 'sure he is gay, what does it matter' :S
    No it's not..

Are you sure shouting "IM GAY, SHOW ME YOUR BEWBS!" will work?.. I s'pose it can't do any harm (I got sent to the deputy head for being "Inappropriate" to girls.. he'd love that)

Just google hot lesbian, that's me. :p
    Jesus, you get around don't you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ugh Tommy!!! What a vile, vile word. Say sorry!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Alcohol: messing up natural selection for over 12000 years.

No it's not..

Are you sure shouting "IM GAY, SHOW ME YOUR BEWBS!" will work?.. I s'pose it can't do any harm (I got sent to the deputy head for being "Inappropriate" to girls.. he'd love that)

Jesus, you get around don't you?!
    I'm pretty certain it will work a percentage of the time, and that will only improve as you get suave about it. :P
    'deputy head'...must not make joke.
    MizzLolly wrote: »

I find her a bit of a vagina???
    :p

MizzLolly wrote: »

Solly, Mizz Lolly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ugh, I know you're a raging lesbian but control yourself woman!!

Solly, Mizz Lolly :(

Good fella ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Blah, zombie thread.

I'm pretty certain it will work a percentage of the time, and that will only improve as you get suave about it. :P
    So take advantage of the gay assumption? "Well helloooooo :) I'm a tailor don't you know? Hows about some loverlyyy underwear?"
    'deputy head'...must not make joke.
    Yes It is a catholic school before you ask.. and the deputy headTEACHER was in the army.. could it be any more gay?

Ugh.. I find that word disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself woman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

i heard that also..THe more symmetrical,the more beautiful.

Yeah that's right.
    It's kinda obvious- symmetry/order/
    elegance/beauty etc.

I'd say generally there are absolutes (such as symmetry) when it comes to beauty/attractiveness- makes sense since physical attractiveness in terms of face/body shapes is anchored to functional ability (the ability being the underlying desired trait presumably).

With the rest down to idiosyncratic personal preference- "eye of the beer-holder" and all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement