Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integration chaos

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

extragon wrote:
    I was misled .. by the fact that they'll build a new underground station in St Stephens green - and then come back a few years later and build another underground station in the same place.
    <Philip raises hand and groans>. I'll take this one. There is no good reason to build both metroNorth and DART stations at the same time. All the powers that be (in this case the RPA as they'll get there first) have to do is ensure sufficient allowance is left in the metroNorth station to provide escalators/lifts/stairs to access the DART station which WILL be below it. The DART station was always going to be mined from the tunnel bore, as opposed to the box tehnique that mero will use. The DART station platforms will be at 90 degrees to the metro ones btw, it would not be a solution to just dig a really deep box as the lines approach from different directions. The RPA and IE (and their respective consultants) are working VERY closely on the Stephen's Green interchange, believe it or not.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

extragon wrote:
    I realise that funding has been promised and "ring fenced" - on the strength of the public finances that we know will be fantastic in five or ten years time. What I failed to realize was that "promised" is the same thing as "provided."

Actually the ring fenced funding is very conservative percentage of GDP and should easily be affordable even if things don't continue going so well for the economy.

Actually one of the complaints about the T21 plan was that it is too conservative, that it was only spending the same percentage of GDP as the last 20 years and with more money in the economy we should actually pouring more money into transport.

From everything I've seen the T21 projects aren't just promises, they are very serious and work and financing of them is procedding very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bk wrote:
    From everything I've seen the T21 projects aren't just promises, they are very serious and work and financing of them is procedding very quickly.
    Adn this is why the entire plan is 17 pages long. :rolleyes:

Advertisement