Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 and 'N'8

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hoof Hearted

Well the guys at the NRA and Fingal Co. Council must have reading this thread because they increased the speed limit on the the N2 dual-carriageway to 120km/hr. And it looks like this will be done on other HQDC sections around the country. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the NRA guys read some of these posts during their "tea break". Maybe we even have a few insider posters on this board, "please own up lads"
    I heard something about the N8 in Cork also have it speed limit increased to 120.

Murphaph is right about the investors thing. On a first impression basis some potential countries are eliminated from consideration. When the list is narrowed down only then is the detailed analysis done of the potential countries.
    The Michelin road map usually does a good job of distinguishing road types however they have frequent inaccuracies e.g. the HQDCs in the Limerick area are shown as standard dual carriageways and not as "Dual carriageways with motorway characteristics" the term Michelin uses for HQDCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Well the guys at the NRA and Fingal Co. Council must have reading this thread because they increased the speed limit on the the N2 dual-carriageway to 120km/hr. And it looks like this will be done on other HQDC sections around the country. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the NRA guys read some of these posts during their "tea break". Maybe we even have a few insider posters on this board, "please own up lads"
    I heard something about the N8 in Cork also have it speed limit increased to 120.

Murphaph is right about the investors thing. On a first impression basis some potential countries are eliminated from consideration. When the list is narrowed down only then is the detailed analysis done of the potential countries.
    The Michelin road map usually does a good job of distinguishing road types however they have frequent inaccuracies e.g. the HQDCs in the Limerick area are shown as standard dual carriageways and not as "Dual carriageways with motorway characteristics" the term Michelin uses for HQDCs.

Well if the NRA buddies are reading this, well it's amazing that the N Limerick nenagh section was to start in spring

why is this road keep put under the shovel?????????????????????????
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Yeah and it's very annoying because at some zoom levels (online version) it shows things correctly, while at others it screws it up. It makes the Cashel bypass look like single carriageway too, when in fact it's HQDC! I blame the OS for that cos they have it wrong in their printed maps too! very embarrasing when the AA maps have it as DC at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

The michelin maps are good alright, good choice of linetype for the DCWMC roads. You then get a quick summary on the cover of all these and motorway roads, which will show up well for ireland when the interurban routes are complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

it carries over 14,000 vehicles a day, 6,000 of this is Limerick - Nenagh generated. Surely it should have being classed to M7...

14,000 a day, bejaysus, it should have been 4 lanes each way, at least! :D just kidding

while i don't agree that these motorways should be built, i agree with you that if we are going to build them that we may as well call them M roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

14,000 a day, bejaysus, it should have been 4 lanes each way, at least! :D just kidding

while i don't agree that these motorways should be built, i agree with you that if we are going to build them that we may as well call them M roads.

Yeh:rolleyes: Your only repeating what I said anyways...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To answer the original question, the Fermoy bypass will be a motorway, presumably designated M8: http://www.nra.ie/News/NewsAnnouncements/htmltext,2155,en.html

The rest of the schemes, apart from the Culahill spur from the M7, will be HQ dual (ie N8).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

icdg wrote:
    To answer the original question, the Fermoy bypass will be a motorway, presumably designated M8: http://www.nra.ie/News/NewsAnnouncements/htmltext,2155,en.html

The rest of the schemes, apart from the Culahill spur from the M7, will be HQ dual (ie N8).

also cullahill to urlingford is motorway - for some reason

Advertisement