Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV sting catches Pedo with pants down

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

That confirms it for me,im getting a "no fat chicks" t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I wonder would the "network" be somehow liable if the guy was murdered for being a sick ****? Kind of like that talk show (Jenny Jones?) when some uber-homophobe (probably a roaring homosexual underneath) later killed a fellow guest because he revealed that he fancied him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This reminds me of that picture of a big fat old dude sittin at a computer, with the caption "don't have cyber sex" (or somethin like that)

Imagine the presenter dude wasn't there! It'd be a major buzz kill to walk in expectin some hotty and havin to mount that fat-ass!!! :eek:

Quality though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Imagine the presenter dude wasn't there! It'd be a major buzz kill to walk in expectin some hotty and havin to mount that fat-ass!!

Even more of a deterrant to potential paedophiles tbh. :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

this shows people that peodophiles arent just "Dirty old men"

that Guy looks around twenty, a decent enough looking guy, who could have got a Girlfriend if he wasnt such a Pervert.

What i dont understand is why he allowed himself to be videoed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I don't think he knew at the start. And perhaps the tv programme paid his bail or something? I'm sure there was some kind of deal involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

just another load of American entrapment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

MrSinn wrote:
    just another load of American entrapment!
    Yeah that is what I thought too.

It is fair to say they guy woul have done something but he was encouraged to come around to the house.

He would not be a pedophile as that is sex with a prepubesent child. Not making it any better but

I am shocked he would sign something to say they could use the footage showing his identity. Don't you have to do that here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

Forget a television network, not even the authorities themselves cannot air something like that without the consent of guy on the video. They got him to do that either by reward or threat – reward more likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DaveMcG wrote:
    This reminds me of that picture of a big fat old dude sittin at a computer, with the caption "don't have cyber sex" (or somethin like that)

Do you mean this picture?

Like a lot of people here I don't understand why the guy didn't just run when he saw the reporter? What, you'd just stand around naked and sit in a chair???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

:eek::eek::eek: SICK!!

fcuked up but can they do that legally , put him on tv like

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

;)

Are you getting worried tapes of you might start popping up csg ? :D;)

Yep but unfortunately even though I’d be very exposed
    I’m sure I'd put on a good performance and be very entertaining..lol

r3nu4l wrote:

Like a lot of people here I don't understand why the guy didn't just run when he saw the reporter? What, you'd just stand around naked and sit in a chair???
    Yep that's the picture!

I'd say he thought the presenter was a cop to be honest, so knew he was fooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, that picture would make anyone think twice :D

I suppose you're right. The guy probably thought when he was leaving the house "Whew, I was lucky I didn't get arrested there...hang on, why's that green bush moving? What th–" :D

I'd love to know how long he went to jail for.

There are so many more!!!:eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ae4JSpIs0s&search=to%20catch%20a%20perv
    A teacher and a federal agent! The guy with the apple pie and whipped cream? The contraceptive lube? B*stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

as far as i know, if you have been charged with an offence then you image can be shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

r3nu4l wrote:

i thought he meant this one

impr0v wrote:

OMG sick:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Excellent show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

I think it's weird, and agree 100% with Dudess that it cheapens the issue entirely. I mean the fact that so many people find it funny highlights that airing this sort of thing on television isn't the right way to deal with the problem.

Just thinking about the legal issue of it though, I mean did he actually break the law? By Irish law anyway I think he'd have a very strong case to argue that he didn't. He intended to have sex with an underage girl, but he didn't actually proceed with it, and whats more the girl that he intended to sleep with (the fat one on the phone) wasn't underage. Getting into some complicated issues about intention here, but I don't think it's a crime to just have the intention to commit a crime in general. For example is it a crime for me just to have the intention to rob, in general, without singling out exactly what I'm going to rob? It might be if I intend to rob a particular thing or place, but making it illegal to just have an inclination or intention to commit a crime seems to be a little big brotherish for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

LOL, sex with cats...people do it all the time..

impr0v wrote:

actually yeah, that's the one!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

BrenC wrote:
    LOL, sex with cats...people do it all the time..
    something you`re not telling us brenC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

ahahah!
    "so you would have had sex with a 14 yr old girl?"
    "uhh..maybe..i dunno"
    "marvin..YOURE NAKED!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Daithio wrote:
    Just thinking about the legal issue of it though, I mean did he actually break the law? By Irish law anyway I think he'd have a very strong case to argue that he didn't. He intended to have sex with an underage girl, but he didn't actually proceed with it, and whats more the girl that he intended to sleep with (the fat one on the phone) wasn't underage. Getting into some complicated issues about intention here, but I don't think it's a crime to just have the intention to commit a crime in general. For example is it a crime for me just to have the intention to rob, in general, without singling out exactly what I'm going to rob? It might be if I intend to rob a particular thing or place, but making it illegal to just have an inclination or intention to commit a crime seems to be a little big brotherish for me.

Factual/legal impossibility is a defence for an attempt crime in Ireland (in this case attempted statutory rape I suppose). If the girl was not under age of consent then in Ireland it is not statutory rape (conversely - well until yesterday anyway if you believed a girl was over 17 and turned out to be 16 then it is statutory rape - held unconstitutional by a court yesterday).

Also a case for entrapment by the news studio (probably won't succeed though, depends on whether he started the sex soliciting of the "underage" girl).

Maybe in America they have different standards for entrapment and defences to attempts etc. The guy did state that going into the house meant he had enough intention to be prosecuted (or words along those lines...)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

I was in the US a couple of weeks ago when they aired this. There were loads more, like about 10 different guys in different situations and all came to this house and busted on tv.
    Man it was funny in a weird way...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

all those links are down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

ColHol wrote:
    all those links are down :(
    Not the one from the humour forum.
    http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1148140929/The_Best_Way_To_Bust_A_Pedophile
    I don't think it has all of it though, nothing about a bush?

• Advertisement
Advertisement