Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Parkinson Charity Event looks good!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

think ill go to this one to.. sounds like good craiccccccc. traffic cud be 45min to an hr at that time. are all the big names def playing????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

PiperT wrote:
    Any idea if there are any big names playing in this ?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of banter...

I plan on playing, and I have four names

Anyone, how long from the Barge to Citywest Hotel at 6.30 ish?

If your driving can I have a lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Fintan, tried your site but no info on charity event...

Whats start time?
    € 300 exactly?
    Likely numbers?
    Finish Time estimated?

Anyone, how long from the Barge to Citywest Hotel at 6.30 ish?

Think I'll play this one, havent played live since open

Ray

Cards are dealt at 8.00pm €300plus€30 400ish 5/6 a.m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RianANPoker

Cards are dealt at 8.00pm €300plus€30 400ish 5/6 a.m

5/6 am?, wow that's too late (or early). I presume their will be sit n gos from about 10. I might head into these instead

Can you post the schedule for the rest of the event. (sorry if I missed it)

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

... This is the first poker charity event I know of that is fully transparent and also with dealers...

Fyi all charity poker tournaments run in the Fitzwilliam Card Club are, and have always been, fully transparent. And there have been dealers provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I like when I get to a thread and all the nosy bastard questions have already been asked.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

lafortezza wrote:
    I like when I get to a thread and all the nosy bastard questions have already been asked.
    Glad to be of service ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

is there SNG's at this?
    5/6am is a bit much when you are in work the next morning ;)
    it is tonight right?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Spiritus wrote:
    Fyi all charity poker tournaments run in the Fitzwilliam Card Club are, and have always been, fully transparent. And there have been dealers provided.

I am quite sure the above is correct. I.M.O the Fitzwilliam is one of the best run and most professional cardrooms in Europe. In no way was I suggesting otherwise. However I have never actually attended a charity event in the Fitz.

What I was reffering to was the charity events I myself have attended around the country and it was painfully obvious the organizors were not only making profit but the transparency of the fund and the amount raised for the charity was zero.
    I have attended several where the organizors were genuine and it was clear what amount was donated, but I dont re call any of these having dealers etc.
    I hope this is clear and again I.M.O a 100% transparent charity event run by the Fitz would be a given. I simply never attended one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭The Ace Face

I'm leaving Barge Pub area at 6.30...should be loads of time...HJ has a seat...2 more available if required....only 25 quid a head!

Ray

I'm leaving Barge Pub area at 6.30...should be loads of time...HJ has a seat...2 more available if required....only 25 quid a head!

Ray

great Ill see you then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

only 25 quid a head!

Ray

A novel way to help bankroll the 25 stt's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

leaving harold's cross at about 5ish, have to be out there at 6.30. if anyone needs a lift out i have 2 free seats going. PM and i'll check before 4pm if i have to pick anyone up.

See you all out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭The Ace Face

A novel way to help bankroll the 25 stt's!

After playing 2 stts last nite need all the help I can get:

1st) sb raises my bb allin with 76s...I have KK ( hehe I think )..flop 52Q...guess the turn and river......89!:eek:

2nd) go allin with 77 called by A7....first 4 cards 2345! no 6 for a split...:eek:

I then played WSOP..got cl mid game and went card dead as blinds leap up...
    get buried by some fish called Rounders123!:D

Are you going tonight Aidan?:confused:

HJ I'll pm you my mobile, meet me outside ACC/Hilton at 6.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭JJP PokerMania

It will start @ 8 sharp. However it seems the demand is extremely high so I reccomend early arrival. We will be able to cater for up to 450.

Fintan

Are running one table sit and goes for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Are you going tonight Aidan?:confused:

No im not going to this Ray, I'll be at home trying to punish the limpers!. I'd say it will be great craic. Have a good game anyway and maybe write a bit of a report up.

GL

Advertisement