Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Parkinson Charity Event looks good!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Yeah I'm going to be there. At the final Table. :D

Any other boardies going to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yup, should be great craic!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In charity events is it not the standard to have no reg fee going to the organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Is there not supposed to be an online qualifier for this on PPP tonight?
    I looked at their lobby last night but couldn't see one.

• Advertisement

yep its on in 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Thanks, a bit too early I'm afraid...Ah well I'll just have to stump up €300

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

5starpool wrote:
    In charity events is it not the standard to have no reg fee going to the organisers?

I'm not sure what you mean by standard. This is the first poker charity event I know of that is fully transparent and also with dealers.
    Pokerevents is picking up ALL the production costs for this event i.e room hire, croupiers wages, food and set up etc. On top of this we have pleged 33% of reg fees to the Simon cause. So out of every 300 plus 30 paid in 100 plus 10 goes to charity.
    Just to make double clear Donal MacAonghusa, & Luke Ivory have given their services free. Not to mention Eamonn & Willo Connolly who have more or less dona all the work for this event along with Padraig.
    So to answer your question none of the organizors are making any monies from this event WHAT-SO-EVER.

only 6 people registered, get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I'm playing. Pity i missed the tourney on ppp! :mad: any more karl?

I have a chess book written by Steve Davis and an English grandmaster, David Norwood and on one of the pictures Steve is sitting on the toilet with his pants round his ankles reading a chess magazine. I'm going to wait for an inopportune moment and then ask him to autograph the picture! Get him back for the last citywest disaster.

Get your pals and workmates to stump up the three hundred and share the massive profits! It'll be a memorable game.

There's also an auction and Mad Marty is bringing some World Cup memorabilia to flog. There'll be other prizes and as soon as Willow finds out what they might be I'll let you know.

This is gonna be great!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what time this charity event starts next Thursday??

I'm not sure what you mean by standard. This is the first poker charity event I know of that is fully transparent and also with dealers.
    Pokerevents is picking up ALL the production costs for this event i.e room hire, croupiers wages, food and set up etc. On top of this we have pleged 33% of reg fees to the Simon cause. So out of every 300 plus 30 paid in 100 plus 10 goes to charity.
    Just to make double clear Donal MacAonghusa, & Luke Ivory have given their services free. Not to mention Eamonn & Willo Connolly who have more or less dona all the work for this event along with Padraig.
    So to answer your question none of the organizors are making any monies from this event WHAT-SO-EVER.
    Just asking. In any charity events in the Fitz there is no reg fee at all thats all.

Out of curiousity though, if no one is getting paid out of the reg fees, what are they for? If this is going to help cover PE expenses fine, but the way you are phrasing it insinuates that PE are picking up all these costs themselves. I am not accusing you of profiteering from a charity event as I know these events don't make much money anyways, but i'm still a nosey bollox.

5starpool wrote:
    Just asking. In any charity events in the Fitz there is no reg fee at all thats all.

Out of curiousity though, if no one is getting paid out of the reg fees, what are they for? If this is going to help cover PE expenses fine, but the way you are phrasing it insinuates that PE are picking up all these costs themselves. I am not accusing you of profiteering from a charity event as I know these events don't make much money anyways, but i'm still a nosey bollox.

You said it, not me.

Venue hire 4k
    Food 7k
    staff 5k
    expenses (accom/set up etc) 2k

reg fee 8k (based on 400)

Pokerevents are picking up ALL the production costs, unless you have a donor in mind, anyway, it's about time you came up with some constructive contribution.

Does anyone know what time this charity event starts next Thursday??

It will start @ 8 sharp. However it seems the demand is extremely high so I reccomend early arrival. We will be able to cater for up to 450.

You said it, not me.

Venue hire 4k
    Food 7k
    staff 5k
    expenses (accom/set up etc) 2k

reg fee 8k (based on 400)

Pokerevents are picking up ALL the production costs, unless you have a donor in mind, anyway, it's about time you came up with some constructive contribution.

So the customers are covering 45% of the costs, PE 55%. Isn't a function of transparancy that people can question things?

5starpool wrote:
    So the customers are covering 45% of the costs, PE 55%. Isn't a function of transparancy that people can question things?

I've no problem with people asking questions.
    However when it's the same people over and over again asking it does get to be a pain. Also I sense the motive s behind the constant nit picking are questionable.
    Why not put your energies into generating monies for this charity, besides trying to expose the promoters business practice. Use your talent to come up with ideas that will contribute to the goal of raising 1million for this cause.

I'm going to try to make this easy for you for the future. I have a business that I run which it's purpose is to make profit. Plain and simple.
    However on this occasion I will be taking monies out of my own pocket to run this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

It would seem you do have a slight problem with some people asking certain questions. Seeing as you use this forum free of charge to promote your events, the least you can do is answer all questions put to you without questioning the motives behind them or insinuating the use ulterior ones. What I'm trying to get at is that seeing as you use these forums, you will have to expect questions from nosey feckers like 5star, and you should answer then without getting stroppy.

However when it's the same people over and over again asking it does get to be a pain. Also I sense the motive s behind the constant nit picking are questionable.
    Why not put your energies into generating monies for this charity, besides trying to expose the promoters business practice. Use your talent to come up with ideas that will contribute to the goal of raising 1million for this cause.

I'm going to try to make this easy for you for the future. I have a business that I run which it's purpose is to make profit. Plain and simple.
    However on this occasion I will be taking monies out of my own pocket to run this event.
    When I was younger and used to get mad my mother told me not to rise to them and they would leave me alone........

Also when I get a fairly abusive PM from you the first time I made a comment relating to following the charter I didn't get a reply to my reasoned response, and I also don't like PM's that attempt to bellitle me.

It would seem you do have a slight problem with some people asking certain questions. Seeing as you use this forum free of charge to promote your events, the least you can do is answer all questions put to you without questioning the motives behind them or insinuating the use ulterior ones. What I'm trying to get at is that seeing as you use these forums, you will have to expect questions from nosey feckers like 5star, and you should answer then without getting stroppy.

Again Shark I'll repeat myself. I have no problem with answering questions. But when your up against the likes of this , and I quote
    "In charity events is it not the standard to have no reg fee going to the organisers?"
    and I give a straight answer, and then this, quote
    "Out of curiousity though, if no one is getting paid out of the reg fees, what are they for? If this is going to help cover PE expenses fine, but the way you are phrasing it insinuates that PE are picking up all these costs themselves. It looks to me more like a wind up rather than a sensible question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

However when it's the same people over and over again asking it does get to be a pain.
    Hey, I haven't asked one yet.

• Advertisement

RoundTower wrote:
    Hey, I haven't asked one yet.

I beg you Roundtower have mercy on me.

On serious note I'd like to offer a apology to you 5Star. My attitude was defensive and rude. I believe I took up what you said in the wrong spirit and I hope you accept this humble but sincere attempt to clear the air.

Fintan.

I beg you Roundtower have mercy on me.

On serious note I'd like to offer a apology to you 5Star. My attitude was defensive and rude. I believe I took up what you said in the wrong spirit and I hope you accept this humble but sincere attempt to clear the air.

Fintan.
    Of course. Lets all be friends and I shall attempt to curb my badgering. But since I am a nosey bstrd that like to stir things I can only promise to try. I'll send you a christmas card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Settle down now. Move along. Nothing to see here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Anyone playing in the €300 event for Dublin Simon that Padraig Parkinson is promoting? Lots of top players in it donating some of the prize fund.

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2006/5/irish-poker-tour.htm

Any idea if there are any big names playing in this ?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of banter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

450 players... starting at 8pm??? playing down to how many on day one? or does it all have to end on Thursday night?? i'm gonna get no sleep from thursday to sunday am i??? ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

ditpoker wrote:
    450 players... starting at 8pm??? playing down to how many on day one? or does it all have to end on Thursday night?? i'm gonna get no sleep from thursday to sunday am i??? ah well!

You better believe your not!

ditpoker wrote:

Because of the numbers we have changed starting stack to 5k and levels to 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Because of the numbers we have changed starting stack to 5k and levels to 20 mins.

Hi Fintan

What time is reg at for the charity event ?

PiperT wrote:
    Hi Fintan

What time is reg at for the charity event ?

Reg opens @ 16.00 hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭The Ace Face

Fintan, tried your site but no info on charity event...

Whats start time?
    € 300 exactly?
    Likely numbers?
    Finish Time estimated?

Anyone, how long from the Barge to Citywest Hotel at 6.30 ish?

Think I'll play this one, havent played live since open

Ray

Advertisement