Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dre is d best rapper on d planet!agree r disagree??

Options
  • 21-05-2006 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

dre has been d best 4 15yrs nd is stil d best.wat do u guys tink???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i think you should have never left your box....get back in your box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Eh... No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

eh no
    if you knew anything about rap/hip hop you would know that dre is most cetainly not the most or even one of the best rapppers....he is although the best rap/hip hop producer in the world.
    You need example:
    The Chronic Album- absolute legendary album feck all rapping done by dre id say 60% rapping done by snoop the beats and underlyin track produced by dre were unbelieveable
    2001- Same thing really cept snoop/eminem and the rest of aftermath/death row records doin all the rapping and dre producing the unbelieveable beats and tracks

thisis my opinion and you know anything bout rap/hiphop the you would certainly agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

u make a good point lad.guess i was mixed up,best producer alrite.whos ur fav rapper den?

i think you should have never left your box....get back in your box!
    calm it man,it was only a question.maybe a misguided question, but a question

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote:
    eh no
    if you knew anything about rap/hip hop you would know that dre is most cetainly not the most or even one of the best rapppers....he is although the best rap/hip hop producer in the world.
    You need example:
    The Chronic Album- absolute legendary album feck all rapping done by dre id say 60% rapping done by snoop the beats and underlyin track produced by dre were unbelieveable
    2001- Same thing really cept snoop/eminem and the rest of aftermath/death row records doin all the rapping and dre producing the unbelieveable beats and tracks

thisis my opinion and you know anything bout rap/hiphop the you would certainly agree
    i hav to agree wit u.d beats produced 4 the chronic aswel as 2001 were pretty legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

wat is wrong with you, there are so many rappers out there you cannot possibly say one rapper is the best :mad:

some of my fav include Roots (its a group i know), Mos Def, Common and De La Soul

N05H3AD wrote:
    wat is wrong with you, there are so many rappers out there you cannot possibly say one rapper is the best :mad:
    av u got a fav man???

av u got a fav man???

will not say in case orizio starts to bully me again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

We speak the English language on this forum,and so does the thread starter unless he wants a certain mod to start editing his posts.

Now,as much as I would like to start bullying a few people on this thread ( ;) ),Dr Dre lacks the consistency or prolifency of a DJ Premier or a Rizah and barely reaches my top ten.Doggystyle was classic no doubt,but The Chronic is overrated.Same for 2001.As an MC he is weak,he doesn't even write his own rhymes for christ sake.Very basic flow,very boring imo.And right now,desite Aftermath's success there are still a few producers who are better commercially then him.
    some of my fav include Roots (its a group i know), Mos Def, Common and De La Soul

Yes I'm sure the thread starter will love those groups. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

<Personal attacks are against the rules of this forum>

<Personal attacks are against the rules of this forum>
    looks like someone never heard of SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

u r rite man, dre is d bst raper on dis planet! hez betta then eminem 4 sure eminem is sad whit boy, cant rap! gotta do my hmewrk, talk2u tomrw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

looks like someone never heard of SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if anybody is going to believe you were trying to be sarcastic.
    Looks like someone was pwnd!!!1!

u r rite man, dre is d bst raper on dis planet! hez betta then eminem 4 sure eminem is sad whit boy, cant rap! gotta do my hmewrk, talk2u tomrw.

wurd to ya mutha! dre'z got dem skills fo show!
    i'm rich beeeatchh!
    Yes I'm sure the thread starter will love those groups.

never heard of them judging by his username no doubt.

Lay off of the trolling(and that includes text talk and using sarcasm to get a reaction)and personal attacks before I close this thread.

Damn, I misread a post and thought someone was taking a shot at me... Ah well I'll keep most of what I was going to post.

"dre is d best rapper on d planet"

something he most certainly is not, one of the best and most successful producers, yes. "agree r disagree??" I disagree, there are a ton of rappers with better and more innovative flows, concepts, subject matters and vocabulary than Dre.

Orizio wrote:
    ,but The Chronic is overrated.Same for 2001.

how dare you say that 2001 is overrated, it is the best Dr.Dre album (and indeed one of my favourite albums) of all time!!!!!

Orizio wrote:
    Lay off of the trolling(and that includes text talk and using sarcasm to get a reaction)and personal attacks before I close this thread.

wait a minute, did you say that you would close this thread for people being using sarcasm to get a reaction, looks like we have a hypocrite here, just take a look at "The best rapper in G-Unit" thread and look at the sarcastic comments Orizio made towards my taste in rap music and me liking Young Buck!

• Advertisement

I'd have called them condescending rather than sarcastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

2001 is not overrated it is simply a classic album.
    also wats ur proof dat dre doesnt write his own rhymes.....

N05H3AD wrote:
    wait a minute, did you say that you would close this thread for people being using sarcasm to get a reaction, looks like we have a hypocrite here, just take a look at "The best rapper in G-Unit" thread and look at the sarcastic comments Orizio made towards my taste in rap music and me liking Young Buck!

That wasn't sarcasm.It was my way of expressing my dislike of anyone saying such a rapper could be a Hip-Hop 'legend'.

And more importantly it wasn't being sarcastic so as to invite a reaction from the forums other posters,like aftermathcrew has done.If he is actually being sarcastic,which I doubt.

ciaran13 wrote:

A lack of decent MC's makes its far from a classic imo.You disagree,fair enough.

Its well known that Ice Cube used to write NWA's lyrics,and that Dre has always relied on ghostwriters.

ciaran13 wrote:

It's well known that most of his lyrics are ghost written. The writers on 2001 were Jay-Z, Royce da 5'9, Eminem, Hittman, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, and Mad Skillz.

ciaran13 wrote:

Uhm check the credits in your album sleave?! There's the proof. You'll see a number of different names under the writing credits.

Also I remember Daz Dillinger saying a while ago something that pissed him off was when they were making Dogg Food Dre would come in the studio and change one or two little things on the song and put his name on it. Just something that came into my head there.

Orizio wrote:
    That wasn't sarcasm.It was my way of expressing my dislike of anyone saying such a rapper could be a Hip-Hop 'legend'.

And more importantly it wasn't being sarcastic so as to invite a reaction from the forums other posters,like aftermathcrew has done.If he is actually being sarcastic,which I doubt.
    i'm not trying to invite a reaction!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Orizio wrote:
    And right now,desite Aftermath's success there are still a few producers who are better commercially then him.

Name a producer who's been as successful as Dre for as long as he has? The only person I can think of is Timbaland, He hasn't been around as long as Dre but he does produce more songs. Those two charge more for their beats than any other producers for a reason. I'm not necessarily saying he's my favourite but his commercial success is unquestionable. He's probably top 3 for me. His use of real instruments and session players give his beats a certain quality that other producers don't have.

David19 wrote:
    Name a producer who's been as successful as Dre for as long as he has? The only person I can think of is Timbaland, He hasn't been around as long as Dre but he does produce more songs. Those two charge more for their beats than any other producers for a reason. I'm not necessarily saying he's my favourite but his commercial success is unquestionable. He's probably top 3 for me. His use of real instruments and session players give his beats a certain quality that other producers don't have.

DJ Premier of course.

The problem I have with Dre is that he simply hasn't put out the same amounts of music that the likes of Premo,Pete Rock or RZA has.He has managed to reinvent himself a few times now and thats very impressive,but the three I already mentioned are just better imo.Certainly Premo and RZA are on a class of their own when it comes to producing.

From a commercial point of view,right now I would argue that the Neptunes,Kanye and even Scott Storch are more relevent that Dre.The Neptunes have been running hte commercial side of Hip-Hop for years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Orizio wrote:
    DJ Premier of course.

The problem I have with Dre is that he simply hasn't put out the same amounts of music that the likes of Premo,Pete Rock or RZA has.He has managed to reinvent himself a few times now and thats very impressive,but the three I already mentioned are just better imo.Certainly Premo and RZA are on a class of their own when it comes to producing.

From a commercial point of view,right now I would argue that the Neptunes,Kanye and even Scott Storch are more relevent that Dre.The Neptunes have been running hte commercial side of Hip-Hop for years now.

DJ Premier doesn't compare to Dre from a commercial point of view. The albums Dre produces sell millions, the albums Premier produces don't. His music has had a bigger impact I think(although its close). Hence, he's more successful. I'm a big fan of Premier though.

Well I agree Dre doesn't actually put out that many songs. He doesn't need to I guess, he makes his money off the albums he produces. For the record I agree RZA is probably better. I don't think I'd put the other two above Dre though(not that they're rubbish or anything, they'd run him close).

Look at the sales from Dr. Dre produced albums in the last few years(end of page): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Dre

Most of these are off the back of at least 1 Dre single. I don't think Kanye, Storch or the neptunes can compete with that. Storch is of course a product of Dre.

With Busta Ryhmes, The Game, 50 and Dre all to drop records soon it looks like he'll be at the top for a while yet.

Advertisement