Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love bites/cover up

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

clown bag wrote:
    this is madness in the extreme.

Don't you think your exaggerating.....to TEH XTREME!? ;)

Hickey's are a part of life, and I think Dragona has fully accepted that, however they are dirty looking, there is no "benefit" to them etc... so I don't think there is a problem telling him to try and avoid them within reason. (I know the only reason I have recieved/provided hickeys in visible areas was for embarassment...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Sleipnir wrote:
    Dragona, sorry but you must remember that many people you see posting here will be coming home this weekend trying to hide lovebites from their own mothers!

I sort of gathered that:D

clown bag wrote:
    Why?

He is 18 years old.

The only person who needs a chat is the person who thinks he needs a chatting to.
    This is madness in the extreme :confused:
    Sorry if I haven't been helpful in suggesting ways to get rid of the marks but I've never considered it important enough to come up with an emergency cure. It’s not exactly a life threatening condition or even that embarrassing.
    A storm in a tea cup would not even come close to describing this.

I wont post again but seriously, this is madness in the extreme.

You may not find it embarassing, but my son does. He is annoyed with himself and quite simply wants to cover them up.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I heard toothpaste.... but think it's BS.

Speaking from experience, toothpaste is a miracle worker on love bites. It heals them up really quickly. Overnight the colour changes from vivid purples and reds to dull brown, which is much easier to hide with foundation etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thailand_sand

witch hazel will get rid of them in a day or two.... trust me on this one;)

• Advertisement

Well, toothpaste is worth a try I suppose, though I don't believe it will work. I'll get him to smother on the Colgate - at least his neck will be minty fresh in the morning .:D
    I am SO not impressed with teenage boys....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

dragona wrote:
    He is as we speak rubbing Arnica cream on his neck...
    I hope the skin isn't broken. Arnica/Wolfsbane cream isn't safe on broken skin. It is amazingly good stuff on bruises though. Arnica tablets will help reduce the brusing too. Witchhazel is good on both brusing and broken skin, though not as good as arnica.

Toothpaste does work, but Arnic beats it.

If that doesn't work is only option is to get around the embarassment by appeariing happy with the turn of events. This will reduce the degree of slagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Ah the joys of being a girl and using makeup :D The amount of those I got caught with by my mother in the last few years :o

You need to relax it's going to go away soon and it's really not a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

For the love of all that is holy, will someone please explain to me what a "love bite" is? Surely girls and boys dont go around literally biting each other???

Am I so out of the loop? (age 20 here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

love bite

n : a temporary red mark on a person's skin resulting from kissing or sucking by their lover [syn: hickey]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Wow, sheltered life ;), anyway, as above, sucking on an area of the body with sufficient force for an adequate duration will burst blood vessels below your skin causing a bruised look. Try it on your arm :D.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

dragona
    I hope you slagged the fuk outta him, call him Casanova and Don Juan for the next month, bet he never comes home like that again.
    If you run into the girl that did it, slag her too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

this thread is funny.
    he will get enough slagging from school believe me, and if he was stupid enough to get one in the first place i doubt he will be that stupid again,

gosh i havent had a lovebite in years and years!

always used toothpaste at night, makeup in the morning. never worked.

it'll be gone before he gets married.

Beruthiel wrote:
    dragona
    I hope you slagged the fuk outta him, call him Casanova and Don Juan for the next month, bet he never comes home like that again.
    If you run into the girl that did it, slag her too!

:D:D:D
    I can almost be certain that he won't come home like it again! I insisted he go to school - he will just have to tough it out.Toothpaste does NOT work....
    He stuck two huge plasters on his neck this morning, but looked too too funny. Copious amounts of Dior concealer looked even worse. He has gone *au naturel*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

its a hicky, where someone sucks on the side of your neck an kinda biting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Could always just get them all over and say its natural skin colour.....

anyhow, yeah suck it up generally. will get slagged but its generally punishment enough for being dumb enough to let someone put a giant bruise high up on your neck - aah haven't ended up with a hickie in years :P

Well he waltzed in this afternoon, and waltzed out again to meet the culprit - I hope he is not that stupid twice....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dragona wrote:
    I'll get him to smother on the Colgate - at least his neck will be minty fresh in the morning .:D
    I'm sure she'll love that. ;)

dragona wrote:
    Really, I didn't mean to come across so stressed about it - not MY neck! They are ugly, I think he is a twit,he has just been suspended,he wants to cover them up and I have excruciating toothache.

he's a kid ffs. lighten up pauline fowler

• Advertisement

he's a kid ffs. lighten up pauline fowler

Did you bother to read the whole thread before typing in a useless comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Or try the I had a near fatal accident and now have a bruised neck ;)

Anyone ever try that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dargona if you have an isuue with a post please use the report post function.

tipp_Gunner offtopicm unhelpful posts and those that are personally abusive will get you banned from this forum.

I suggest you both read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.
    Thaedydal

Thaedydal wrote:
    Dargona if you have an isuue with a post please use the report post function.

tipp_Gunner offtopicm unhelpful posts and those that are personally abusive will get you banned from this forum.

I suggest you both read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.
    Thaedydal
    tipp_Gunners post was not offensive, therefore I did not report it but was silly enough to warrant a retort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slightlycrazy

God what type of school is this lad in? I would have been suspended at least 5 or 6 times at that age.

Remember the day i came in and was covered in them from head to toe. Now that was a fun day. Never got so much slagging in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

why is your son so upset about getting a hickey...? it's beyond me...

emm, just tell him to wear a hoody to school, it'll cover his neck a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tonyinuae

The first time I got a hickey (and had no idea what it was) was at age 13. I think my mother simply didn't know what to say - she never mentioned it.

At age 21, when I got one, my mother asked me archly where I got the bruise. 'Caught my neck in a door-jamb' was my lofty reply.

I went through a period when I would ask people I had sex with to give me love-bites so my cheating partner would feel as jealous as I did! (I was quite young) :D

Advertisement