Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents *rape* thier *one day* old child!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Anto McC wrote:
    The child was 1 day F*cking old!!! :mad:

We'll give them a medal so!!

I love the world you seem to live in - where there are only two options for any course of action.

I think it's absolutely horrific, to say the least, but proposing such violence will get noone anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Who else could it be? No-one else apart from the parents are left alone with the baby....my daughter didn't leave my sight from the minute she was born until we took her home....
    We know that this isn't the case with all children, however. Snatchings from hospital cribs have proven this in the past.

While the police seem confident that they have the right people, I still believe that there is at least scope for anyone to have come into the room the child was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Its just an odd case to me - does either of the parents have any history that might predispose them to abuse? Was the father waiting 19 years to be a paedophile and then cant wait one day? Even if he is evil, does that mean hes also stupid? I dont know the facts of the case but it just seems really odd.

On the other hand, unless there has been prior attacks on children in that hospital/recent staff turnover then its unlikely the staff can be suspected either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

We know that this isn't the case with all children, however. Snatchings from hospital cribs have proven this in the past.

While the police seem confident that they have the right people, I still believe that there is at least scope for anyone to have come into the room the child was in.

True - it just seems so unlikely tho....and if the child was snatched why have the parents been arrested? As you say, anyone could come into the room - but no-one I know leaves their newborn unattended in the hospital for the very reasons you give.....then again, I don't know these people or this case specifically....it's very odd....very sad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

0utshined wrote:
    Some of the information given doesn't add up to me though. It sounds like the parents were charged because they felt they could exclude everyone who worked in the hospital or had access to it rather than because of some evidence implicating the parents. I may have misread that but that seems to be what the article says.

I had to read it twice, because I thought I must've missed something, but it seems like you're right. There doesn't seem to be anything said that implies how it was found that the parents were to blame, and I find that worrying. Aswell as that, the names of the Parents being published while it's only an alleged case, as was pointed out, well that's just not on.

Anyone else get the feeling the authorities are looking to blame someone quickly and get it all done as fast as possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,745 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Let's hope the naming of these parents before the trial doesn't influence the outcome. Innocent until proven guilty must apply every time. If it's true, I suppose the Death penalty would be too damn good for them.

Hasn't this sick act gone on yrs now in the case where those infected with HIV believe that if they have sex with a Virgin, they will be cured. I heard this was happening in parts of Africa. Mad disgusting world we live in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm exactly sure how this was going to turn into an intellectual debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement