Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents *rape* thier *one day* old child!!!!

Options
  • 16-05-2006 6:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060513/NEWS01/605130304/1002
    2 charged with rape of newborn
    Newborn placed with relatives after both parents arrested in McKenzie

The Jackson Sun

McKenzie police have charged two Carroll County parents with raping their child.

Jonathan Wayne Goodrum, 19, and Kristina Louise Sawyer, 18, are charged with raping their 1-day-old girl before she was taken home from McKenzie Regional Hospital about six weeks ago, said McKenzie Police Lt. Tim Nanney.

ADVERTISEMENT

While both parents have been charged, Sawyer's bond was reduced because police still are investigating what role, if any, she played in the possible rape of her child, Nanney said. She was charged because "I could not exclude her from being part of it, so I had to charge her also," he said. "I could not exclude her at the time from being a participant of it."
    Nanney said hospital officials notified police of the possible rape after noticing injuries to the child's rear during a routine examination given before newborns are released from the hospital.

"There were some skin tears in and around the private (back) area of the child," he said.

The investigation led to the child's parents, Nanney said, and there was no indication that any hospital worker was involved in the incident.

"Based on the investigation, we ruled out everyone but the mom and the dad," Nanney said.

The Tennessee Department of Children's Services has placed the baby girl with a relative, Nanney said. The parents are not allowed to have contact with the girl, who is now about 6 weeks old.

The couple was engaged to be married and was living at the Value Inn Motel on Highland Drive in McKenzie at the time of the incident. Sawyer is a McKenzie native, and Goodrum also has relatives living in Carroll County, though Nanney did not know his hometown.

Goodrum is being held in the Carroll County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bond. Sawyer's bond was reduced to $5,000 after her arraignment. Nanney did not know if she still was being held or had been released.

While no trial date has been set, Nanney said one probably would not occur before September.

Visit jacksonsun.com and share your thoughts.

Originally published May 13, 2006

Seriously WTF??? 11 year old mothers and now this??? What the **** is happening to the world! Jesus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's absolutely horrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

this better be a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I feel sick after reading that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sickening :( hope the guilty parties get whats due and some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

WTF how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Peteee wrote:
    Seriously WTF??? 11 year old mothers and now this??? What the **** is happening to the world! Jesus
    The world hasn't changed... things are just reported about more these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

blu_sonic wrote:
    WTF how?
    Hopefully you don't need a diagram?!

Seriously though, sickening altogether. Should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

WTF? i cant believe that kinda stuff happens. i know there are some sick and twisted people in the world but i didnt think people were that f**ked up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

im not sure i believe this.
    or more specifically i dont want to believe this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

That's horrific.

Some of the information given doesn't add up to me though. It sounds like the parents were charged because they felt they could exclude everyone who worked in the hospital or had access to it rather than because of some evidence implicating the parents. I may have misread that but that seems to be what the article says.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Jesus Thats ****ed up, whats wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Sand

That's horrific.

Some of the information given doesn't add up to me though. It sounds like the parents were charged because they felt they could exclude everyone who worked in the hospital or had access to it rather than because of some evidence implicating the parents. I may have misread that but that seems to be what the article says.

Thats the way I read it too. It appears they determined the child was raped, then by whatever process eliminated everyone from the list of suspects except for the parents (Id imagine only the parents would be left alone with the child?). This appears to be the basis for the arrests, the mother is already being eliminated; she was only arrested because she had to be. It remains to be seen if theres any evidence against the father or if hes simply the last one standing.

If he/she are innocent there will be absolute hell to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

This is more common than you think my wife deals with stuff like this everyday, some parents should be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats just sick idiots.hope its a joke.it must be some mental parent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Fairly sad state of affairs. the parents should be shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

F*cking vile,the guilty party should be very slowly bled to death,pouring vineger into thier wounds every few minutes!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Anto McC wrote:
    F*cking vile,the guilty party should be very slowly bled to death,pouring vineger into thier wounds every few minutes!!!!
    Yes, what a wonderful way to demonstrate to people why abuse is wrong.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Hopefully you don't need a diagram?!

Seriously though, sickening altogether. Should be shot.
    not the mechanics of the act, how could they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

WTF doesn't cover it, theres no word to describe it, evil, twisted..... there hasnt been a word invented to explain how wrong and ****ed up this is?! :mad:

I dont want to believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭IbanezFreak

The thought of the whole thing just makes me wretch.
    What a disgusting way to bring life into the world. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

bluewolf wrote:
    Yes, what a wonderful way to demonstrate to people why abuse is wrong.

The child was 1 day F*cking old!!! :mad:

We'll give them a medal so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

:/

At least, the kid got out of that situation early, tho'.

how can someone get gratification from that??? 1 day old. how? it just doesn't make sence, i hope its not true or a mistake or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hmm, can't say I'm wild about the article posting the names of the parents. A follow up on the same site posts the mother photograph.

Disgusting as it is, the case is still only alleged. It could yet turn out to have been anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hmm, can't say I'm wild about the article posting the names of the parents. A follow up on the same site posts the mother photograph.

Disgusting as it is, the case is still only alleged. It could yet turn out to have been anyone else.

it's still terribly disturbing that it happened at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

it's still terribly disturbing that it happened at all!
    That goes without saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I agree Aidan. If the parents are suspects the kid should be removed from their care until that's sorted, but printing their names and pictures doesn't seem right. If it turns out they didn't do it then what then? The people who read the original claims aren't guaranteed to hear the retraction and of does who do there will be some who won't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Oh man, just when you thought the world couldn't get much more evil.

Let's all pray/wish/hope the child will not remember, be taken in by loving foster/adoption parents, and that the eventual revelation will not unhindge her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Wasn't there a case of a baby being raped in the UK recently as well.....it's just horrifying....I'm typing this with my tiny 2wk old daughter sleeping on my tummy....I think of a man.... *gags* - it could kill her ffs!! :mad: :(

Who else could it be? No-one else apart from the parents are left alone with the baby....my daughter didn't leave my sight from the minute she was born until we took her home....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement