Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Rap/Hip Hop gig you ever been to?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Best had to be my first*, Wu Tang tearin it up at Oxegen 04, and me only feet from the front crowd control bar. Was disappointed Method Man didnt show up (for months Id been waiting for the moment when I had a bird in one arm, a flagon of Devils Bit in the other roaring "I got myself a shory, and I got, myself a forty" :D ). ODB wasnt there either but sure that was expected :) C.R.E.A.M, roarin along to "Wu Tang Clan Aint Nutthin ta **** With", the insanity of the moshing during Gravel Pit and, the best part of the whole gig, when Ghostface went off stage for a minute during someone elses lines and came back for his own wearing the tricolour, the crowd went off the fcuking scale for it.

Snoop in the point was animal. Great at Oxegen too, although the amount of hangers on and people half interested meant the crowd buzz wasnt quite as big seeing as most of this lot didnt know the Doggystyle era songs.

Mind you, aint nothing like the time in the Point when out of nowhere Snoop played 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted. We`re just there, then out of nowhere we just hear "Aint nothin but a gangsta party", we`re thinkin ah fcuk no way, then it breaks in. Classic :)

*: when I say my first, thats not technically true. Wu Tang played the Saturday. The day previous, Goldie Lookin Chain played, they were hilariously brilliant. "**** YOU, ALICIA KEYS!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

J5 In the Redbox.. 2003. Sound problems and Over crowding still couldn't take this show down.. Abdominal and Format were amazing aswell. The freestyle at the end was amazing.
    Blackalicious in the Red Box was cool aswell.

Advertisement