Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russell Brand on Jonathan Ross

Options
  • 13-05-2006 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Did anybody see it? I thought he was f**kin' hilarious. Never seen a guest so completely steal the spotlight from Ross on his own show, he literally left him speechless at times. I was cheering him on! And I didn't know he's led such an interesting life -an ex-heroin and sex addict! He's really wasted on Bg Brother IMO, why won't Channel 4 give him his own proper show? He's the next Vic Reeves!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

but he already has a show on MTV. Sunday nights at 8pm i think it is

he is a very eccentric person. i have liked watching him on tv since he was on the Dance Floor Chart. the interview tonight was very good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Does anyone else find his choice of words and pronunciation to be the same ass Dot Cotton from Eastenders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I don't really like the affectation, the OTT styling but he is agenius with words and stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

One of the funniest interviews I’ve ever watched. Anyone who missed it can see (or record) the repeat at 1.55am tonight on BBC1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

He was excellent, he really is talented and I love the way he speaks. Very funny person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I've only seen him on MTV and Big Brother stuff, kind of annoys me (trying to be a bit off the wall), but I'll have to watch the repeat to see what he was like... there won't be another Vic Reeves though, ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think he's great. Probably the only good thing to come out of Big Brother expierience in the past 2 years. Missed the interview of which you speak but I'll check out the repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

He was the funniest guest I've ever seen on that show, I love the way he speaks and dresses and "looms around", and the hair!!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Never really liked him before but it was one of the funniest interview I have seen on that show!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

butts wrote:
    One of the funniest interviews I’ve ever watched. Anyone who missed it can see (or record) the repeat at 1.55am tonight on BBC1.
    Thanks for that.

Actually, it'll be 2.15am. Programmes running late due to the brilliant FA Cup Final overrunning! :)

If you've Sky, it's on BBC1 Scotland at 1am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Robbo wrote:
    Does anyone else find his choice of words and pronunciation to be the same ass Dot Cotton from Eastenders?

tis all part of his act!

yeah I saw the interview, much impressed :D I used to watch him every so often on Big Brother, and loved him on that. I watched his show on MTV a few times too and didn't really enjoy it. He is really good, interesting character, and very sharp/witty :)

Hopefully we'll see alot more of him, away from BB ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I made him an unofficial nemesis of mine after he just acted like a thick on the nme awards and slagged of Bob Geldoff and stuff, but he completely redeemed himself with that performance. I'm actually gonna look out for him in future because he seems very talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Saw the interview. It was good but was expecting something spectacular. That's him being relatively calm. He's usually more ebullient. Still , it was a good laugh.

I'd reccomend even if you hate Big Brother that you check out his round up show. It's generally just 30 mins of him acting like that and playfully taking the piss out of the contestants, panel guests, the die-hard fans in the audience and of course himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

cant stand him. didnt see that interview on ross, would be interested to though. i just think he's a twat

great seeing bob geldof slagging him at the NME's "Russell Brand, What a Cock!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I saw the repeat early on Sunday Morning, I wasn't a fan either. I don't think he stole the show either, I've seen people on Jonathon Ross that are much more impressive.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I dont get it, he's crap, the character brand has affected always reminds me of a bad version of Kenny Everett's Cupid Stunt character (the woman with the huge breasts who was constantly crossing her legs) crossed with bad carry on type jokes.

He's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

didnt see if but heard a lot of people talking about it. Anyone know if i can download a vid of it from anywhere??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

Robbo wrote:

defo!!!! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

hate russell brand with a passion, missed the interview but i doubt it could have changed my opinion. I doubt there will be ANOTHER repeat?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I thought he was funny, but not a show stealer.

Saying that, he went up in my estimation, but at the same time I kinda got tired of his ultra-campness, he was getting a bit too close to strings of Julian Clary type innuendo at some points.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not a fan of BB so I don't watch anything connected to it either, this wa the first time I'd seen Russell on tv (apart fromads for his shows). I thought he was absolutely hilarious!!I will be checking out any shows of his in the near future just to watch him perform. Genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He was great on the JR show but I've seen him being much much funnier, in particular on the MTV Dance Chart Show. A million times better than he was the other night in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

T&#225 wrote: »
    cant stand him. didnt see that interview on ross, would be interested to though. i just think he's a twat

great seeing bob geldof slagging him at the NME's "Russell Brand, What a Cock!"
    Are you sure it was cock? I thought it was c*nt. Whatever it was though it was deserved because none of his jokes were coming off that night. Was very funny on ross though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Are you sure it was cock? I thought it was c*nt.

You're right it was c*nt. I thought it was unfair, but his retort was great.

"Bob Geldof wants to feed the world, he'd know, he's been dining out on 'I dont like Mondays' for the last thirty years."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

oh that boy is a handsome chap,as ian mckellen remarked...quite funny aswell...don't have a clue who he is,dont have channel four and dont watch big brother..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BaZmO* wrote:
    I've seen him being much much funnier, in particular on the MTV Dance Chart Show. A million times better than he was the other night in fact.

on the DFC he was in a world of his own. god knows what chemicals he had in his system while doing that show :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Mossy Monk wrote:
    on the DFC he was in a world of his own. god knows what chemicals he had in his system while doing that show :eek:

none probably, it was the people he was interviewing who were off their heads. he just did his best to freak them out with bizarre questions - very funny though.

loyatemu wrote:
    none probably, it was the people he was interviewing who were off their heads. he just did his best to freak them out with bizarre questions - very funny though.

I remember he was talking to some raver and he asked him "who would win in a fight?the nazis or superman?"the man said "superman" russell then said"but the nazis have the luftwaffe"The ravers face lit up as if he had just discovered the third secret of fatima!Classic!

Seen him on jonathan ross but have to say jim carrey and tenacious d were better on the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

Bah humbug...
    Don't like his hair, beard, scarf, skinnyness, affetcations, pronounciation, language, opinions...
    If he can present a programme, then so can I; so can anyone.

Seriously though, for those of us who have a bit more geekishness than we'd like, he gives us all hope...

...Off with his head, and let's continue with our own BB teaparty...

God what a pile of freaks(BB)...I suppose they needed someone of at least equal freakishness to talk about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Robbo wrote:

I reckon he's Dots love child!

Advertisement