Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X13 - "The Long Con" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

good episode! sawyers flashbacks were good i think, even tho it didnt give us much insight. A predictable episode i think. Obviously, I didn't know it was Charlie who attacked Sun..but it was predictable in the sense that i knew it would be Vincent at first, and then someone else would attack her. Also in Sawyers flashbacks..it was obvious he was going to con her.

But I liked the whole con theme..shows how easy it is. Especially that one with the necklaces - very well done, I should try it sometime! :D joke..

But how come Kate's mom was working in the diner? Did Kate and Sawyer live in d same area then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

But how come Kate's mom was working in the diner? Did Kate and Sawyer live in d same area then?
    Well Sawyer was a con artist so probably nomadic by nature, I'd say it was just an area he happened to be passing through. And another opportunity for the writers to link two characters outside the island!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

pokerwidow wrote:
    Is season 3 being shown in the US? Or are you having a laugh?
    Metacortex wrote:
    So i guess hes having a laugh.
    tvnutz wrote:
    Isn't that basically a scam by this guy? Some poor sap might actually think season 3 is available and pay money! Stranger things have happened!
    Unless he was joking...but I don't see anything to indicate that.

I was very hurt and outraged by these slanderous accusations that I'm some kind of conman. The good name of agamemnon has been blackened in a very public and hurtful way.
    Having considered legal action I eventually concluded that the best way to resolve this is for pokerwidow, Metacortex and tvnutz to make large donations to charity as a public act of apology.
    To show that I am a reasonable and forgiving man, I personally volunteer to handle your donations.
    Please PM me your bank account and credit card details and we can put this whole sorry mess behind us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Wasn't a bad episode, rather noneventful though. I personally like Sawyer, he's an interesting and complex character as opposed to 'Mr Sheen' Jack, I would (if I was on the island) rather he (Sawyer) was in possession of the guns than Locke the Jesus freak or the aformentioned good Doctor who seems to be now manipulated by the mentally unbalanced Ana-Lucia.

Come on!, who didn't figure out that when Sawyer started going into detail about a 'Long Con' to his girlfriend that she was the long con, even the way he described it, getting someone to have an idea and want to act upon it as if they thought the con was their own idea when it was really yours in the first place.

Sawyer seems to be the only character left with any dimension to him, before Michael went all he went on was about his son, Jack looks pained, Locke grins a lot, Charlie obsesses with Claire, Hurley chirps in with the odd comic relief linee and contributes little else, Sun and Jin are furniture, these people are boring.

I'm really fed up up of the character Charlie, his stalker ways towards Claire and the baby are not only creepy but quite unsettling to watch, why does he have such an obsession with her and the child anyway?.

I'm really, really hoping this bloody show picks up soon, it really has nothing on the first series, I keep getting told it'll start to gather momentum but in reality, no other show would survive in this manner, pumping out four to five bland and forgetful episodes with the odd one to pique your interest. The same thing is happening to Desperate Housewives, I call it second season syndrome, they don't want to change anything yet have to produce new content, solution? - make it as bland as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

I would have to disagree. I'm really enjoying the second season so far... i have enjoyed all of the episodes so far. I think i'm alone in saying this but i like the character of Jack, I disagree that he is one demensional, its the fact that we don't really know what he wants that makes him a complex character to me.

Sawyer is a legend. I loved the way he manipulated everything. The plot on the island corresponded lovely to his backstory. I'm not sure who should be in possession of the guns. It doesn't really matter because whoever has them will just want more power from them.

I love the Jack Locke relationship, we saw a small development in it in this episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

agamemnon wrote:
    I was very hurt and outraged by these slanderous accusations that I'm some kind of conman. The good name of agamemnon has been blackened in a very public and hurtful way.
    Having considered legal action I eventually concluded that the best way to resolve this is for pokerwidow, Metacortex and tvnutz to make large donations to charity as a public act of apology.
    To show that I am a reasonable and forgiving man, I personally volunteer to handle your donations.
    Please PM me your bank account and credit card details and we can put this whole sorry mess behind us.

agamemnon, I was so tempted to buy. Yes I am a sucker:o . Good laugh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Laguna wrote:
    Sun and Jin are furniture.

hahaha..that made me smile for a while! thanks :D hee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

This episode was **** cool, I always like Sawyer but wasn't sure why, he had his laid back cool Quailty about him, But after this episode he's simpily a LEGEND!!!!

"There's a new Sherrif in town, boys!"

Advertisement