Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X13 - "The Long Con" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 08-05-2006 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "THE LONG CON" -

Episode Title: "The Long Con"
    Airdate: 'May 8th 2006'

Synopsis (from TV.com):

Some of the island survivors fear that "The Others" may have returned when Sun is greatly injured during a failed kidnapping attempt at her plant garden. Also, the trust barrier becomes very thin between Locke and Jack in terms of locking up the guns and being kept safe. Meanwhile, Sawyer is an amused but highly interested bystander when tension escalates between Jack, Locke, Kate and Ana Lucia. When Jack purposely takes Sawyer's medication from him he pushes more in favor of helping Locke. Lastly, flashbacks reveal more of Sawyer's con artist past.

Next Episode: 2X14 - "One Of Them" - May 16th 2006

Link to US Discussion thread for this episode!

What did you think of 'The Long Con'? 47 votes

0%
    4%
    EamonnKeanelostirishgirl 2 votes
    21%
    JBoyle4evayom 1nachosskibumTrip HazardcooperguyBinkaNewaglishBartronilicim...LOST 10 votes
    40%
    CrucifixsunbeamFaithChazweemcdfailsafemurfieKnifeWRENCHPatricideprospectfobsDuff Man Jr.trishw78SilagepokerwidowgustavoAgamemnonmetaforaHaven't a Clue 19 votes
    19%
    LagunazodquazzyNecronomicon[Deleted User]bikocastagnoliJellohappydaz 9 votes
    8%
    snickerpussmarcowilKillaqueen!!!homerjk 4 votes
    0%
    6%
    DadesdeisedollyThe Hill Billy 3 votes
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Bah, just when I was getting to like Sawyer. Good episode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heh.. episode was just finishing when i realised i never creating a discussion thread.

Ah well.. what did ye all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good ep. Nothing much happened but it was a big improvement from last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Wow deadly episode. Now it has started to get going. Sawyer is so right, I would be so sick of being bossed around by those two. And Charlie, never knew he had it in him. At least we know that he was not using.
    Looks like Sawyer found the new currency of the island.
    Basquille, if its not too much bother, will you post a link to the US thread?
    I love reading them:) Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Really enjoyed this ep, liked the character development in Sawyer and Charlie. Thought the flashbacks were used very well. Very nice how the power struggle was played out.
    It'll be interesting to see if Locke and Jack and co will come crawling to Sawyer, cap in hand, asking for a gun! Highly unlikely, but would make for great comedy!
    Also, people will be more inclined to join this mini-militia because of Sun's attack.

Looking forward to next week!

• Advertisement

Its alright Basquille. Its on page 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Added link to the US discussion thread.. was planning on doing it when i created the thread but was in a bit of a rush to get it up as the episode was over by the time i was finishing creating it.

Good ep, big improvement from the last. I agree with what sayer is doing however I can see a rebellion against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

there have been better episodes. i liked it, i like LOST but i thought i lacked something-perhaps it was because i had guess the plot before the revealed it-there's something disappointing in that!

Thanks basquille. Finished reading it. Very Good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I liked it. Can't believe he conned that woman so much.
    Anyway I don't know if I'm happy with Sawyer having the guns, given how he got Sun beaten up. It would have been dodgy with Jack and Locke having them too. I guess they're not really safe with anyone. I hope he's not gonna get people to meet unreasonable demands now for the guns.

Oh also noticed Kate's Mam was serving Sawyer and his real partner in the diner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, I think that's one of the few Lost overlaps that I noticed all by myself! So proud.

It was a good episode, in large part because Sawyer is such a charismatic character. Can't say I saw the twist with Charlie coming at all. Maybe Vincent will rat him out in a Lassie like manner in a later episode.

Locke is rapidly losing his faith with both the death of Boone and Michael's dissappearance weighing heavily on him. Hope Sawyer has found a decent hiding place for the guns. Wouldn't want one of those sudden showers to render them useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I never saw it comming right up till the end I never saw the con. I guess then I'd be easy to con then. I can't believe Charlie was in on it even I didn't suspect him. only thing is knowing Locke he'll be too busy trying to figure out who did it. I'm still puzzled why did he keep the statues, he's a bit of a contradition telling Claire that it's not neccessary to baptise the baby then telling Jack it's bad luck to break the statues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

trishw78 wrote:
    I never saw it comming right up till the end I never saw the con. I guess then I'd be easy to con then.

No, not at all, don't be so hard on yourself. By the way, I have the rest of the Season 2 episodes and most of Season 3 on DVD and I'll sell them to you for E100. All major credit cards accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

really good ep. i cant believe i didnt notice the thing about kates mam.....
    DUH!
    im glad that sawyer finally got one over on jack (ive HATED that stupid doctor this series) but i hadnt realised how evil he actually was.
    i think him and kate are a WAY BETTER couple than kate and jack but now im not sure if i want her to end up with him now?having said that,though i like unhappy,miserable endings!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Quick question, is the fella that Sawyer met in the diner the original Sawyer that conned his Mam out of her money and made his Da shoot her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Don't think so, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Nice episode. To be fair to them they actually revealed a secret at the end of the episode. I'd love to see the script for between charlie and sawyer at the end of the episode, im sure I didnt pick up everything in that.

How far did Sawyer really engineer the whole gun thing? Did he really convince Charlie to kidnap Sun, while at the same time leading kate into believing Anna Lucia did the kidnapping and trick Locke into believing he needed to hide the weapons? I doubt he could have had the intelligence to mastermind all that, and he would need to be the biggest oppertunist in history - i can't believe he planned EVERYTHING, he couldnt have manipulated everyone that far, but I must have underestimated old sawyer.

Definatly would need to see this episode again.

8 out of 10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Was a really good episode, and Sawyer was very good. I can't believe he's such a manipulator, but I have to say I''m glad he's got the guns and not Locke/John as they were really annoying me this time. I'm disapointed with Charlie's character shft. I changed from liking him to hating him now.

Have to say It's one of the highlights this year. A 9/10 from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I actually thought that he gave the money to the long con woman.I thought that he had changed:rolleyes: if thats possible.
    Yeah I noticed Kates mother as the waitress.It was nicely done.
    Good episode gave it a 8(I think. Duh!)
    And I was starting to like Sawyer and thinking that he had changed.
    Gullable...gullable me :D

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote:
    Did he really convince Charlie to kidnap Sun, while at the same time leading kate into believing Anna Lucia did the kidnapping and trick Locke into believing he needed to hide the weapons?

Well yeah. Obviously he did the Charlie thing. Then if you watch it again you'll see how he found the hood with Kate and put ideas into her head. Like Kate said, he can't track anything, but funnily enough he noticed that the weaving or something in the hood wasn't the same as the hood that was put on Kate (like he examined Kate's hood so closely). He played her well anyway.
    And obviously Locke would be opposed to using the guns. He's just plain awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Hmm. I enjoyed it, but the 'time' hints dropped by hurley I thought were really blatant, what with the music being Glenn Miller, who disappeared mysteriously in the second world war. His plane vanished.

Also I just read a book where he did fall through a time portal, so I was open to suggestion on that subject, but still.

It seems blatant and significant but maybe it's just a red herring.

I didn't know anything about Glenn Miller, so the way Hurley said that was only mildly suspicious and I forgot about it. That's good to know anyway.

agamemnon wrote:
    No, not at all, don't be so hard on yourself. By the way, I have the rest of the Season 2 episodes and most of Season 3 on DVD and I'll sell them to you for E100. All major credit cards accepted.

Is season 3 being shown in the US? Or are you having a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

pokerwidow wrote:
    Is season 3 being shown in the US? Or are you having a laugh?

Season 2 isn't even finished in the US yet and season 3 hasn't even started filming. So i guess hes having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

agamemnon wrote:

Isn't that basically a scam by this guy? Some poor sap might actually think season 3 is available and pay money! :p Stranger things have happened!

Unless he was joking...but I don't see anything to indicate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Undecided, either a great ep or bad. I'm mulling over it, still...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

tvnutz wrote:
    Isn't that basically a scam by this guy? Some poor sap might actually think season 3 is available and pay money! :p Stranger things have happened!

Unless he was joking...but I don't see anything to indicate that.
    Did nobody get that post? They were talking about Sawyer being a con artist and the first guy said he was easily conned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Did nobody get that post? They were talking about Sawyer being a con artist and the first guy said he was easily conned.

meet me out back , i have a bag of cash and these guys are ripe for the good con...

• Advertisement

How slow am I? Sorry

Advertisement