Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh cr4p im screwed!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Cosine wrote:
    lol I'm on co-op so I dont have exams :D ...... dont have much of a summer either :(

Best o luck to ye kiddies. I know its horrible but some day you will look back on this and cry :p

i'm on a co-op too. how i laugh at the people doing exams. i don't mind about the summer because if i wasn't working here i'd be working somewhere else for less money and i wouldn't be able to post here at 11:39 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just came out if there... And I reckon I nailed it! It was a "Answer 4 of 6 questions" ... And I answered 3 really well, and 1 not so well, but i defo passed

CRAMMING WORKS! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ya me too. Stick in there it'll be woth it when your done.
    I did 5 years in college and have been working for 6 months and have 6K in my bank account already.So used to not having money it builds up fast. Now to buy that 43 inch plasma for my bedroom.

Well, I just meant I'm finished my exams for the year. Not forever, by a long shot. I see at least another 8 years in uni for me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Eight...woah.

Ok, one exam left...Java...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Faith wrote:
    Well, I just meant I'm finished my exams for the year. Not forever, by a long shot. I see at least another 8 years in uni for me...

8 friken years????

What kind of a qualification will you have then?

• Advertisement

What you doin Tar?

did a bit of Java in electronics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Im doing Elec Eng at the moment...never had to touch java over the last couple of years....comp science domain only I think.

C is an entirely different story though....at least my exams in C are well behind me :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What you doin Tar?

did a bit of Java in electronics...
    Electronic and Computer Engineering.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

erk. I just spent all day... doing nothing. Mine start not this Thurs, but NEXT thurs. Have six, on on a saturday.

That's it. I'm gonna go shower and study. Right...................... now?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snipe3000

Post has been edited/censored by moderator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Never knew you could program calculators.. a sort of legal cheat. legend :)

zuma wrote:
    Im doing Elec Eng at the moment...never had to touch java over the last couple of years....comp science domain only I think.

C is an entirely different story though....at least my exams in C are well behind me :)

Doing C and C++ and a bit of Java. Im in 5th year though so thats prob why the Java...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JohnCleary wrote:
    Never knew you could program calculators.. a sort of legal cheat. legend :)
    I'm silly!

*Edit*

Post has been edited/censored by moderator

*Edit*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If you're caught with that then you will be banned from ever taking another college exam again. They take cheating very seriously in colleges. And you can hardly claim ignorance when they check if you've programmed it with relavent information like.

Cramming might work, cheating doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

basquille wrote:
    No booze or women? Doesn't sound like much fun to me! :D

See I didn't learn how to puncuate properly.

John

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

8 friken years????

What kind of a qualification will you have then?

I'm just finished year 1 of a 4 year Biology degree, and I want to do a medicine degree afterwards, if I can. If I do it as another undergrad degree here in Edinburgh, it's 5 years and if I do it as a post grad in Ireland, it's also 5 years.

My plans are subject to change though. If I don't do med, I'll do a PhD, which will be at least 3 years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I too am screwed for my exams starting this week *sigh*
    there are 36 more theorems on my maths course for friday that I haven't studied...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Lump wrote:
    See I didn't learn how to puncuate properly.

John

Too fast for me Lump :)

Cramming exams can work for some people. Others need to actually understand the course content before they can go about regurgitating answers to questions. On the day though, they just might regurgitate all over their exam papers ....

It is one thing to censor (oppress freedom of speech) moderator, but please do not edit my post to look like I said something which I did not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

It clearly states who the post is edited by, so anyone with half a brain can see that a moderator has edited the post.

And the fact that I said *Edit*

John

Slaanesh wrote:
    It clearly states who the post is edited by, so anyone with half a brain can see that a moderator has edited the post.

Edit :confused:

I think you meant to say completely change the post.

Now if somebody says something and the moderator doesn't think its acceptable (rightly or wrongly), he is entitled to edit that bit out. However to completely change the post to something the moderator approves of, is as good as putting words in peoples mouths. Which is going further than censoring/editing.

"now ye're talkin" should be "now ye're talkin when we're letting ye"

Ok, I won't edit your previous post, I'll put it in plain english, in a post posted by me.

Stop posting off topic, stop flaming, stop trying to get a rise out of me and/or other people posting here. If you have something to contribute that doesn't involve a method of cheating then post here, if not don't.

Take this as a warning, if you annoy me again I'll ban you for a week.

Did that make sense?

John

JohnCleary wrote:
    I'm just after copping on that my college exams start tomorrow :(

Funny how I have over 80% attendance (which is good for 1st year college) yet im still clueless, goes to show youll never learn a subject which you have no interest in (1st year includes lots of gammy subjects, thankfully they wont be there next year!)

And to make things worse, first exam is my weakest. OK so serious cramming is in order... Has this ever happened anyone before?

No thats never happened to me before, I think you should study very hard ;)

I had biology lab that i was freaking about but it went surprsingly excellent!:0

Advertisement