Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh cr4p im screwed!

Options
  • 07-05-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just after copping on that my college exams start tomorrow :(

Funny how I have over 80% attendance (which is good for 1st year college) yet im still clueless, goes to show youll never learn a subject which you have no interest in (1st year includes lots of gammy subjects, thankfully they wont be there next year!)

And to make things worse, first exam is my weakest. OK so serious cramming is in order... Has this ever happened anyone before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Simple answer : eh no ?!... funny how you only realised the night before.. bit of a serious blond moment there me things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you ain't the first and certainly not the last.

i'll be in your position in precisely 10 days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

dont get too stressed theres always the autumn repeats (that shud scare u into passing tomorrow alone)
    also take solice in the fact that i failed the same exam 5 times in college ie. summer autumn summer autumn repeat year and summer of 2nd repeat year!then i got the flock out of there and i have a great job n i wondered why i bothered getting stresed.itl all work out the way its supposed to be at the end of the day. i know that sounds cheesy but its true

best of luck anyhow with the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

So you have an exam tomorrow which you are screwed for and you are here posting on Boards. Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

So you have an exam tomorrow which you are screwed for and you are here posting on Boards. Good luck with that.

The majority of my notes are online, im kinda alt tabbing :)

Done about 20mins there, and I reckon I already have 1 of the 6 questions cracked (answer 4)... wow im a genius in my own right (Except for forgetting about the exam in the first place)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Stay up all night studying. You would be surprised how much you can learn if you cram.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Tusky wrote:
    Stay up all night studying. You would be surprised how much you can learn if you cram.
    Yeah, I'm so surprised they let me back for a second year!

Here's hoping third :V

*throws dice on craps table*

'bout ten days until the exam lottery hits me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ill give it another hour then im off to bed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

If you are pulling an all-nighter take an hour off for a snooze in the morning, I had to do that last year and after a one hour sleep I was as fresh as a daisy. Worked wonders cos I could hardly keep my eyes open beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Pah... I never studied once in my life and I've done okay for myself... I run a factory where highly trained monkeys manufacture a popular brand of fudge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Wow, it's great to be finished exams :D

I think I'll spend all day tomorrow in bed... Much like I did today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

JohnCleary wrote:
    ill give it another hour then im off to bed :eek:
    Good luck with it, both tomorrow, and this time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Good luck with it, both tomorrow, and this time next year.
    Yeah we all promise ourselves we'll start studying early next year.

Nice little promise.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

JohnCleary wrote:
    And to make things worse, first exam is my weakest.

Well... you only need 40%

Its not as bad as it seems... OR IS IT?????

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Faith wrote:

bah, I hate you now!! :mad:

come the 24th though, I'll be all happy again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Mine start monday week.... am so stressed out its not even funny.... and i need a pint! I NEED ONE!!!

//Runs around screaming!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

lol I'm on co-op so I dont have exams :D ...... dont have much of a summer either :(

Best o luck to ye kiddies. I know its horrible but some day you will look back on this and cry :p

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

CuLT wrote:
    Yeah, I'm so surprised they let me back for a second year!

Here's hoping third :V

*throws dice on craps table*

'bout ten days until the exam lottery hits me too.

Don't worry. I spent 5 years in UL wondering how long I could keep up the pretence and got a degree..

To prove the point I did an Oscail course and got another one....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Study the night before for about 5 hours and make up notes for the questions you are going to answer (lets face it, its easy as **** to predict half the exam at least)... Them study those notes for about 3 or 4 hours before the exams. win win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Get a heap of cram sheets and start working on them fast. Good luck with it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Cram sheets/notes are the secret to college!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just make sure to get enough sleep or you'll wake up tomorrow remembering nothing! :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I start on Friday, haven't done half as much work as I wanted.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

First year is piss easy anyway. And remember the lectures arent out to try and fail you. They are out to try their best to pass you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Faith wrote:

Ya me too. Stick in there it'll be woth it when your done.
    I did 5 years in college and have been working for 6 months and have 6K in my bank account already.So used to not having money it builds up fast. Now to buy that 43 inch plasma for my bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

In 3rd year of college we had a massive project (year long) to do and due to this we had left it to the last minute to study so what i did was got a team of 5 people (as generally a subject has 10 topics) and give 1 person 2 topics to review (which would onlky take a little over a day) and then we would meet up the day before the exam and lecture each other (if a topic was to tough we scrapped it) that way in the exam you would link a face to the topic and what they said about it! it worked really well for all of us and we even done it again in our final year! But be carefull of who you pick to do it with and dont tell to many about it or else you could be lecturing your whole class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Myself and yourself are in the same boat, John!

Hence the 3AM start this morning.. fecking artifical intelligence. How is it that i find the ever-so-daunting Prolog relatively easy and search algorithms to be really tough? :confused:

Ah well.. it's answer 4 outta 6. And i think i'll do fine on the part (a) of each of the 4........ and that's about it!

It's my final year... 0 exams down, 5 exams to go! :(

Anyways, best get back to it.

PS - best of luck to all whose exams are starting today or in the coming week or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I didn't do exams, ah the good life in college, I wish I was back there, no pressure, booze, women and fun.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lump wrote:
    .. no pressure, booze, women and fun
    No booze or women? Doesn't sound like much fun to me! :D

Advertisement