Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJP PokerMania, Guarnanteed €10,000 Heads Up Competition. Spa Hotel Lucan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭JJP PokerMania

Down to last 12 places

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

why does it have to be oxegen weekend.........

roryc wrote:

Sorry Roryc,

Didn't look at other events before i booked this. I have had alot of good feed back about this tournie. looks like i will be running one every 6/8 weeks.

roryc wrote:

Roryc,

If you would like to play a heads up tournament, i have a game this Saturday (1st July) in St. Sylvesters GAA Clud, Malahide.

It's a €50 & €10 Reg Buy In,

Full details can be found on our website www.jjppokermania.ie or if search for "World Cup of Poker" in a previous tread.

The game starts at 12Noon, reg 11am.
    Game limited to 64 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

where is hectorjelly?

apologise like a man!!! :)

<await the 'OP was confusing' obfuscation....>

I did think it was confusing hence my confusion, Im glad you managed to gain some enjoyment from a misunderstanding of an events stack to blind ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Down to last 12 places

Thanks for the information, the event looks really good. Is there any way to book a place for this bar attending a JJP live event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I did think it was confusing hence my confusion, Im glad you managed to gain some enjoyment from a misunderstanding of an events stack to blind ratio.

yes my life is rather sad

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sorry Roryc,

Didn't look at other events before i booked this. I have had alot of good feed back about this tournie. looks like i will be running one every 6/8 weeks.
    Will you be guaranteeing the prize pool at 10,000 for everyone of these, regardless of numbers. Or just the first one. I live right beside the Spa Hotel, but i am away that weekend.

Mellor wrote:
    Will you be guaranteeing the prize pool at 10,000 for everyone of these, regardless of numbers. Or just the first one. I live right beside the Spa Hotel, but i am away that weekend.

Hi Mellor,

From the feedback that i have gotten regarding this tournament, i will be doing a €100 & €10 Reg in the future. Which will result in a €12,800 prize pool with a 128 players.

Jp

Thanks for the information, the event looks really good. Is there any way to book a place for this bar attending a JJP live event?

Hi Hectorjelly,

Sorry only way to gaurnateed a spot in this game is to pay doing the week. If you want you can turn up on the day early (i suggest before 10.30am) there may be places still left.

My number is 087 6448132 if you want to ring me.

Thanks
    Jp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Just read through the list of players there, Im not so confiident of my assured victory anymore, Especialy if hector is coming . . .

Might have to have that 1mile run in the car park mate?

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know i now have more places open for this event than i orginal thought, 23 in total. Some of my players who had won tickets can't make it for whatever reason and have asked me to sell their tickets for them.

Jp

Wish me luck, heading off to play this soon.

This is a gawd awful time of the day to be starting to play poker tbh, ah well lets see how today goes.

Objective 1: Make tomorrow; ie the money

Congratulations to John Corry who our heads up competition after beating Paul Tierney in Final. There was a total of 91 players.

John won his way into the final after playing for over an hour and half in both the quarter final and the semi final. However the final was over in the very first hand.

Paul slow played pocket rockets and John who has 10 Jack hit two pair on the flop. John bet out, Paul raised and John pushed all in.

Everyone who was there had a great weekend and we will be doing another one in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

was there the whole weekend and i have to say for a newbie playing with jjp poker the outlook for these guys is very bright very well run tournament with the freezeout on sat night being off a very high quality. just 1 thing that lets it down a little is the fact off self deal but overall an excellent weekend. thank you jjp mania and all the staff. will for sure be playing the next 1.

I had an absolute shocker in this game, I like many others left early, Paddy Hicks, ^^DaveM above and a few other faces i reggonise all went out early from the heads up game. A side tournie was started after the first round €50 freeze out which had a good 40 odd runners.

Good event and will go again if its run again

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Congratulations to John Corry who our heads up competition after beating Paul Tierney in Final. There was a total of 91 players.

John won his way into the final after playing for over an hour and half in both the quarter final and the semi final. However the final was over in the very first hand.

Paul slow played pocket rockets and John who has 10 Jack hit two pair on the flop. John bet out, Paul raised and John pushed all in.

Everyone who was there had a great weekend and we will be doing another one in a few months time.
    Aces in the first hand of the final round. He must of nearly shat himself when he looked down. And followed right through when the other guy turned over two pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Hi JP

Well done on a great day of poker. Well done to John Corry, he knocked me out in round 2 when his QQ beat my KK with a Q on the flop. At least he went on to win it so now I don't feel so bad...

Roll on the next one.

Cheers Tim,

Bad beat with your king's.

Looks like next one will be October bank holiday weekend.

See you soon.

P.s. I'm putting together a few teams to put into VN Team event if you and your brother want in.

JP

Advertisement