Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ogame - Anyone on boards play?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

hey they just opened a new uni called barym last week, its a redesign of the oringal ogame, looks slicker same game though. if anyone joins up a few of us have an alliance setup Called GiEmpire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I've started a new account in Barym too, AL.INC alliance.

cool, i see you guys are ranked 30th nicework, we are somewhere in the 200s at the minute with 8 of us.. fancy an alliance? ;) lol..

We're the number 1 alliance in Uni 1 ;)

thats mad, i played in uni1 before in csEmpire for a while and in uni 22.. uni1 was tough though you must be playing there years to be ranked 1!

• Advertisement

I've been playing in Uni 1 for around 3 years, the alliance I'm in has been no. 1 for around 2 years with the exception of a few days when some other alliance got a bunch of new members with loads of points!

Barym is fun though to get back to having small fleets, and resources. In Uni 1 my resource production is

production.png

which is nice :)

My production in Barym is only

production.png

at the moment but I'm working on that!

how do you do that? as in get that image that shows your production?

Go to http://mines.oprojekt.net/ and create an account, then just click "Edit" to enter the levels of your mines and click the "Update Mines" button.

The URL for the image always stays the same every time you update your mines, so when you update them you don't have to worry about changing your sigs. Let me know how if goes for you or if you need a hand with it.

Cheers, ill have a look should be able to figure it out, i just logged into uni 31 there is only 998 people left in it haha.. think i will turn miner there and just concentrate on barym now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Farscape

The stupid wiki doesn't give real world details about the ship vs ships, so I'm wondering what is the best ship to take down a bomber when you're crashing a fleet. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Go to the shipyard and look up the tech info for the ship you want to blow up. The tech info about the bomber is

Rapidfire from Deathstar: 25
    Rapidfire against Espionage Probe: 5
    Rapidfire against Solar Satellite: 5
    Rapidfire against Light Laser: 20
    Rapidfire against Rocket Launcher: 20
    Rapidfire against Ion Cannon: 10
    Rapidfire against Heavy Laser: 10

So unles you've got a deathstar the best way to take out a bomber is brute force, battleships might be a good option. Test it out on a simulator first though before risking your ships!

download this one, it's pretty good, not completely accurate all of the time but it'll give you a good idea

http://www.speedsim.net/index.php

Thanks. Doesn't seem to be a way to load espionage reports into speedsim, though. Very tedious inputting info every time I need to attack someone. Prefer dragosim, though not sure which is more accurate.

I have SpeedSim installed on all my computers, you should be able to paste the reports into it.

What kind of engine does a deathstar use? 100 base speed sucks. I'll have 2 soon, but I'm impatient as hell. I want more speed. So what should I upgrade? Also, do recyclers ever get converted to impulse?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 orathaic

i played Ogame for a while to see what it was like.

didn't get very far into it, was really doing it cause i run a similar game (colony-wars.com)

I'm more into the player-player interactions.

So the combat system is fairly simple by comparison.

Obviously the community is what keeps people lpaying games like this, is the tralee group talkative at all? I really like the idea of lending out your ships. Have been doing that on CW, but you need to trust the lender will give the ships back...

Trust is a nice pvp interaction...

Deathstars have a hyperspace engine and their speed will ALWAYS be very slow. I have 160 of them at the moment, to go from one solar system to the one right next to it takes around 8 hours with Hyperspace Drive (level 11). But they are very fuel efficient, very useful for fleetsaving and handy for transporting resources for almost zero fuel cost.

Recyclers always stay with combustion drive as far as I know.

orathaic wrote: »
    i played Ogame for a while to see what it was like.

didn't get very far into it, was really doing it cause i run a similar game (colony-wars.com)

I'm more into the player-player interactions.

So the combat system is fairly simple by comparison.

Obviously the community is what keeps people lpaying games like this, is the tralee group talkative at all? I really like the idea of lending out your ships. Have been doing that on CW, but you need to trust the lender will give the ships back...

Trust is a nice pvp interaction...

Afraid I'm the most active guy on the message board there. There's maybe 2 dozen active players in Univ 2. I did see that the chat was going like crazy last night.

I like the way the game is done there a thousand times better than the official servers. It is a 2 speed universe AND you start out with a hefty income before you even build you're mines. The queue system actually works. Dumbasses at Gameforge don't have any idea what the word "queue" means. So you can schedule up to 7 or 8 buildings in a row and they'll start one after the other. Also, can build unlimited ships even after you've already started building some beforehand, other words your shipyard never gets tied up. I belong to the Morfolk alliance, just me and Jonas_28 and songfish so far. Ahti is the top player, and he's quite nice. He bombed me just to be funny when I was having trouble using my IPM's (you cannot IPM a planet that has a moon). Later on he crashed a bunch of probes into my planet to help me get the resources to buy my first Deathstar.

There are a few bugs (cannot destroy a moon, officers--which are free--don't seem to help with the mining production, but other things work (universe 2 only), Intergalactic research network actually SLOWS down your research, rapidfire is wildly inaccurate, so battlesims DO NOT apply, expeditions do not work--you find stuff but can't bring it back or, in my case, ALWAYS get sucked into a black hole).

Then again, it's fun ranking up and getting the "founding" players' attention. Stay away from universe 1 as there is a bug that causes your ship building to loop endlessly unless you log out after starting the building. Plus there's a player there who drove a couple of us out because he was so aggressive and freaking touchy. I have a rule: Never attack anyone in your own system; it's just not right and not very neighborly. Somehow he built his empire WAY too quickly somehow and surpassed others who came before him. I got banned for cussing him out LOL

Well, my deathstar travels at 310 instead of 100, so that's something. Somewhere around Christmas Lars is creating a 3rd universe, hopefully bug-free. What we need is more ACTIVE people to join.

The new official universe, Capella, has no noob protection and is achingly slow. Couldn't stand it. Happy where I am. Made a really good friend here. I have a rule: Never attack anyone in your own system; it's just not right.

I've only seen this suggested for defense foder. But concerning attacking, Probes are way cheaper than light fighters (if you count the amount of metal required). So if I send 10,000 probes for the price of a 2000 LF with my BS, Cruisers, BC, wouldn't that be just as good for fodder?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ezio

Dont know if there is anybody still on these boards playing ogame anymore
    if there is i play uni 19 in .org if there is anyone leave me know as im interested to see if there is any irish players playing also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'll also advertise. Anyone here in Uni 30 or Electra, PM me. Or if you wanna start up there even, my alliance will offer protection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement