Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ogame - Anyone on boards play?

Options
  • 05-05-2006 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

As per title..

Just wondering if anyone on boards plays Ogame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

and just what is Ogame?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

A couple of days ago. In universe 6, not really sure exactly what I doing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

I started playing about 3months ago.. got really high up, got 6 colonies and had the majority of mine maxed out.. Then i started getting really bored with it :S... it was good to pass the time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Torak

Google is your friend

yeah... i got fairly high up and it does begin to drag..

The only really crap thing is that you have to plan when you are going to be offline if your fleet gets anyway big..

Which is a bit of a pain really....

mise wrote:
    A couple of days ago. In universe 6, not really sure exactly what I doing yet

Best off starting in a new uni unless you know someone in the others..

Everyone is kind of on an even keel in unis 18 and 19 so might be a better place to get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

anybody on 9, 18 or 21?

am in 9 and 18..

in v-mode though and not sure if I'm coming back...

too much effort..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

There is about 24 of us in an alliance in uni22, all irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I'm playing in universe 1, I started last June, it's going pretty well.

was in uni1 for ages but got fleet crashed. couldnt be bothered rebuilding, there are lads in there with millions of points, in uni22 now.. much better started on equal ground with everyone else..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Playing universe 20, part of the Eve Alliance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

Would anyone like my uni 25 a/c?

I was ranked in the top 70 but havent played for a few days so I'm down to around 120. Due to work I simply don't have the time for it.

The a/c would be good for some one who doesn't want to work their way up as I have a couple of decent planets with good leveled mines.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ldusoswa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its a thin line between highlighting your game and advertising it.

yeah you're right, sorry :(

feel free to remove, or even edit as you see fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Universe 8....I'm building invisible things, yay.

anyone still playing this? few of us setup in uni31 alliance tag g.eire if anyone joins up.

hey man... LarZ here... there have been 20 people online over the last 24 hours... for more go to http://www.netsoctralee.com

I'm still playing in Uni 1, ranked in the top 30 now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Ah guys, Uni 30 is where it's at. Double speed.

Also Uni 13. Much calmer, only about 1500 playing in it total.

• Advertisement

we got an alliance of 20 irish lads setup in uni 31. g.eire is the alliance tag if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,004 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not the same since they introduced Officers in 07'. Then I checked back a few months ago and that Dark Matter crap.

It was a fine thing when it was free but the subscriber advantages ruin the feel.

You are correct to some extent about the addition of officers but I don't think they've ruined the game. They do give an advantage to the people paying for them but I don't think this is a huge advantage.

I've used commander since a month after I started playing 3 years ago. All it does is give me the empire view, organises my messages, no ads and gives the company a few euro every 3 months. 500,000 Dark matter points cost €25, it costs 100,000 points for commander for 3 months, what other games can you play for €1.66 a month :) and of course the option still is there if you don't want to pay, you just have ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

They had deals on dark matter a few weeks ago, a few of us cashed in BIG on that. The ringtone subscription kinda thing. But really I don't think the commander was really worth it while I had it. I'm so far now that I don't really need build queues, galaxy view can be more or less replicated with the FoxGame add on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Farscape

I'm playing on Netsoctralee ogame. Doesn't look populated. My roommate joined up and ended up in the same solar system! Like the format better than ogame.org. There is a bug and a BIG one. If you do research on one planet, you can't use your lab on any other planets you have!

Anyway, thinking about deleting a colony, but don't see any option. Get as much deuterium on planet 1 as I do on planet 15. But It's more interesting than the official ogame. Looks a hell of a lot better.

I did try to attack a neighbor just for fun, but the fleet returned without even a sigh. Must be some noob protection going on there. But how I covet his massive amounts of crystal!

Overheal, should I switch to Uni one instead of 2? Is it more active? Thanks.

Farscape wrote: »
    I'm playing on Netsoctralee ogame. Doesn't look populated. My roommate joined up and ended up in the same solar system! Like the format better than ogame.org. There is a bug and a BIG one. If you do research on one planet, you can't use your lab on any other planets you have!

I don't think that's a bug. Later on you can research something that links your research labs together and adds their levels and that the level you research at. It's called Intergalactic Research Network.

Recon wrote: »
    I don't think that's a bug. Later on you can research something that links your research labs together and adds their levels and that the level you research at. It's called Intergalactic Research Network.

Well, for example. I could be researching impulse drive technology at level 2 on a colony, but I'm already at 5 on my home planet. But doing research on the colony prevents me from accessing my lab on my home planet as well as on the other colony.

I did contact an admin via the button on the left (didn't think anyone was still around). The forum doesn't even send a confirmation email like it's supposed to so can't ever log on, but the lab seems to be working now, so I think the admin did get my message.

Scratch that! I'm upgrading my weapons technology and it's locked up all of my labs. Both my colony and my home planet are listed at the same level when I click research, even though I never updated my weapons on my colony. Guess that's one that ties them together, so my bad.

I can't break free from this silly game! It's not like I get to see epic battles take place or anything. It's just numbers and reports. Infocom prose adventures had more action! Yet I'm hopelessly addicted!

I know that in ogame if you research one thing and get it updated to a new level it's updated on all of your planets, isn't that the case in your game?

What's the difference between that game and ogame?

This is also Ogame, but on a private irish server. Runs independently from ogame.org. No help functions in some case and a lot of stuff you just have to figure out. It's better than the official ogame.
    For instance, I kept wanting to colonize a planet. Ogame.org version said I needed a certain level of astrophysics. Well I reached that level, but every time I tried to send out a colony ship it said I wasn't high enough in astrophysics. But I had MORE than the required level of astrophysics.

Got tired of the BS and left the game. Good riddance. I was in universe 42, which may have had a bug since it was Beta, though it was the recommend universe that was recommended to me in the joining dialogue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 boonen

I used to play ogame... but then I realized how addicted I was lol

Advertisement