Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest Memory of Life

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Playing gigs in a lil pub in Kilkenny called Ryans where every single person is up dancing and going mad by the end of the night-classic every time!

Pride of getting me first car when i was 19 :)

Id agree with the post way above about the whole when a girl first melts in your arms thing, its an amazing feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ive never understood these conversations, i don't like them because they depress me because remembering amazing times only reminds you that you are not having amazing times now.

Is that normal to think like that? i know im not normal and all that but i am wondering does anyone else here think like that because im not a big fan of reminising

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Beruthiel wrote:
    Watching my daughter at age 16 months spend the day trying to stand and walk after 7 months in a body cast. What a fantastic relief and joy that was.

Siting on a rooftop with my honey on the Lido, looking back over Venise, watching the sunset with a bottle of red.

Spending 5 days in bed over the Christmas ;)

The Lido chipper in Dun laoghaire? Only messing. :D
    Nice memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

La Tomatina!

Getting robbed by a hooker in Prague but then getting my phone back from her with an apology.

Seeing an English guy get smacked in the mouth by a hooker in Amsterdam for acting like an ass.

I don't spend allot of time around hookers, honestly.

Getting press passes for ******** then winning 5 free VIP passes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

User45701 wrote:
    Ive never understood these conversations, i don't like them because they depress me because remembering amazing times only reminds you that you are not having amazing times now.

You cannot appreciate a good memory/time if you haven't gone through sh!tty ones too.

The Lido chipper in Dun laoghaire?

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moving in to a house at 20 with my greatest love, just the two of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

My Greatest Memory was when I was lying on the couch with my X who had fallen asleep and realizing that i was in love for the first time in my life :)

Saddest Memory, Her leaving the country to go home and breaking my heart at the same time :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Meeting my fiancee for the first time.

Mum surving her first 24 hours after being told that she was going to die after a brain haemorrage (she is still alive).

All the time that I have spent with my beloved father, I love him.

Good times with my family (including my gorgeous fiancee).

Being told that my tumor had shrunk and had not spread.

Seeing the Eifel Tower for the first time with my father and mother.

Seeing Florence for the first time from a hilltop on the outskirts.

Flying, I adore it.

Meeting my beautiful dog for the first time, he walked around my leg and I totally fell in love with him.

Meeting my cousins baby recently, he is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Surviving getting run over by a car when I was 13.

Flying a plane by myself.

Meeting partyboy. (He's actually quite a calm person when not in public)

Various other stuffs not mentioning on a public forum. :)

Not the greatest memory of my life but up there for sure;

I was cycling in the All Ireland Championships up in Newtown Ards doing a criterium (it is basically a short race commonly held in town centers.. this one was a lap of 0.7km that we had to do about 12 of)

Anyways, there was about 30 of us in there and the race begins; with the usual 10 or so in the front, few in the middle, and the rest at the end. I was in the middle group cycling around the course (there was this really hard piece with a steep hill going into a sharp right hand turn.. if you weren't quick enough you would've slammed into the divider at the end). All throughout the race there was this eejit that wouldn't get off my back wheel. He just stuck there for ages. The laps continued and still he stayed on there. Eventually I heard the fog horn indicating the last lap so I got down on to the drops of the handlebars, put my arse in the air and pushed as hard as I could, leaving the guy in the dust.

It was the greatest moment as there was a big enough group of people there all of which were cheering for me. I had one or two people coming up to me asking why I just didn't want to overtake the lead, I just told them I was having too much fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement