Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest Memory of Life

Options
  • 01-05-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Theres very much a mixed age through out boards, and we have all had different lives and life experiences...

So, what is your personal greatest life experience so far ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

I'm in Australia, Sitting on a beach in the middle of nowhere, just listening to the waves, God that was a good day !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Heyes wrote:
    So, what is your personal greatest life experience so far ???

2 weeks ago.. it was a saturday night... i drank 6 pints of guinness before i needed to use the jacks...

i am a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

2 weeks ago.. it was a saturday night... i drank 6 pints of guinness before i needed to use the jacks...

i am a legend!

yes, you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

The build up to Christmas as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

When I first got my end away.

Actually it was probably the second or third time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

i am a legend!

Bastard! The most I've managed was two. Damn my tiny bladder.

Greatest memory, probably meeting Josh Ritter last week!
    Saddest memory, that gobshite missing the penalty against Spain in the world cup. We could have feckin won that world cup.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

padi89 wrote:
    The build up to Christmas as a child.

Yeah that would be up there for me too... Great feeling :D

Also holidays I'v been on, living with my bf and the times we've had together... I'm still only young so I'd imagine the best times of my life are yet to come - having babies, getting married etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The last few months.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

The last few months.;)

and what happened :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I'm still only young so I'd imagine the best times of my life are yet to come - having babies, getting married etc...

Oh to be that young and innocent again :D

Last year spending the New Year in the Dominican Republic. The nicest place i have ever been. Santa if your lookin 2 more tickets this year please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I think when my son was born, and amazing experience which I never plan to do ever again! Amazing but never again

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

probably when i was 6 and my mother told me to go out to the front door because there was a present there for me. it was a big bicycle. i was ****ing delighted. it all went downhill after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Great idea for a thread. I can think of a few moments and most of them are incredibly simple:

1. Returning to the apartment an ex and I had rented in Paris after picking up freshly baked croissants from the market on the street below to her smiling at me with a freshly brewed pot of coffee.

2. Kissing the same ex for the first time and experiencing what it feels like to have someone literally go weak at the knees in your arms.

3. Walking across Eyre Square with one of my best friends as the sun was rising the morning after the first time we'd stayed out all night and talking about how this was what college was going to be like. (I was right :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

sjones wrote:
    Bastard! The most I've managed was two. Damn my tiny bladder.
    I know and im only skinny, I was trying hard to beat my friends record of 4. Which I then DEMOLISHED. It was a good day.

Cant think of any other great memories... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Sitting in an F15E Strike Eagle, then being ( standing ) at the end of the runway very close watching as the pilot put her into "Military Power" and the Afterburners lit up and saw that sumbitch blast down the Runway! Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Getting up on stage and singing for the first time and watching the crowd's positive reactions.
    Fecking PRICELESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

Seeing and being there for my two kids births. Simply amazing watching another human being in which you helped create born into this world. I cried more than the kids did.

My eldest son who will be 4 soon, coming up to me for no apparent reason, sitting on my lap, looking straight into my eyes and telling me I am the best daddy in the world and I love you.

Watching my 8 month old daughter exploring her surroundings. I would watch her for hours, exploring, finding destructing… fantastic.

Being in South Africa, Cape Town to be exact. For anyone who has been there, its simply breath taking… Some of my fondest memories are from my time down there.

My first trip back home to Dublin since I moved away. It two years now. It was so very special to land in Dublin Airport and to here all the accent again. Meeting my family at the airport, which I will be doing again this Coming March.

Buying my first house here in Florida… A special achievement I might add.

I have some many, but my kids firsts, which there are a lot, I will cherish for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

See my family and friends for the first time in over a year in November.

^Buying a house as well, and not so bad considering I am just over a year in the US. Things have been turning up Ruu for the last while. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

Ruu wrote:
    See my family and friends for the first time in over a year in November.

^Buying a house as well, and not so bad considering I am just over a year in the US. Things have been turning up Ruu for the last while. :)

What part of the US you in RUU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Boring Illinois. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Ruu, how could you find it boring knowing you are a 4 hour drive away from me? Hee hee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

The birth of my son.

The first time I stepped foot in Ireland.

A full moon shining through a penthouse window in Dublin.

A full moon shining over a ruin in Portlaoise.

The night the Red Sox won the World series in 2004 :D awesome moment! I cried!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So many little things for me, but Im only young so Im quite sure many morei mportant ones are coming for me.

Seeing many favourite musicians/bands. The ones who just seem so perfectly professional in everything they do. eg. QOTSA and Alice in Chains

This one is more general now. Seeing Tipp vs. Kilkenny a few years back. Dj Careys return to hurling. Cant say I was pleased with the result, Im a Tipp fan, but that match symbolised everything that was right with that sport.

Building a full massive LEGO space shuttle and control centre in one day I was about 8, and it took me all day. I even nearly fell asleep and crushed it, thats how much I wanted to finish it

Staring into the eyes of someone that ya really like, and knowing they feel the same. Hell, it may not last, but at the time, its great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Seeing and being there for my two kids births. Simply amazing watching another human being in which you helped create born into this world. I cried more than the kids did.

My eldest son who will be 4 soon, coming up to me for no apparent reason, sitting on my lap, looking straight into my eyes and telling me I am the best daddy in the world and I love you.

Watching my 8 month old daughter exploring her surroundings. I would watch her for hours, exploring, finding destructing… fantastic.

Being in South Africa, Cape Town to be exact. For anyone who has been there, its simply breath taking… Some of my fondest memories are from my time down there.

My first trip back home to Dublin since I moved away. It two years now. It was so very special to land in Dublin Airport and to here all the accent again. Meeting my family at the airport, which I will be doing again this Coming March.

Buying my first house here in Florida… A special achievement I might add.

I have some many, but my kids firsts, which there are a lot, I will cherish for ever.

You're bringing a tear to my eye dude :(

ehh... my favourite memory was when I smashed a pint over some smart-arse's head! :mad: </manly>

I can't think of any outstanding memories :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The first encore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

losing my cherry to a cracker i had been chasing for ages when i was 17 is my greatest memory and cleaning out a bookie in leopardstown one night a few years ago also ranks high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I was present in the room when my son was born. It felt like there exists a huge wave of love that is circling the planet and for that moment it was my turn to have my every molecule washed over by it. Corny maybe, but it's exactly how it felt. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Pappa-eat-peach

I'd really have to come back in a few years to answer that. It seems the sort of thing that you would think of on your deathbed.

Most people here would be pretty young and so their memory will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

frobisher wrote:
    I was present in the room when my son was born. It felt like there exists a huge wave of love that is circling the planet and for that moment it was my turn to have my every molecule washed over by it. Corny maybe, but it's exactly how it felt. Amazing.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Its overpowering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Watching my daughter at age 16 months spend the day trying to stand and walk after 7 months in a body cast. What a fantastic relief and joy that was.

Siting on a rooftop with my honey on the Lido, looking back over Venise, watching the sunset with a bottle of red.

Spending 5 days in bed over the Christmas ;)

Advertisement